General Revenue Corporation / Ruined my ego

United States Review updated:

I keep getting calls from General Revenue Corporation saying that I still owe they money in the amount of 1174.00 dollars, claiming that I defaulted on student loans for American Intercontinental University. I NEVER WILLINGLY PARTICIPATED OR SIGNED UP for anything in regard to American Intercontinental University. Sure I might have signed up and taken a couple of classes, but I do not feel that I should have to have paid this 1174.00 dollars to General Revenue Corporation. Now, they have ruined my credit, and now I cannot be able to sign up for any major credit cards or even purchase a car, which my family has been begging me to do for this year. They (General Revenue Corp.) force me against my will to take out two separate payments of 587.00 from my personal savings accounts in order to stop harassing me. I want my money back. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Na

Comments

• Go
      25th of Aug, 2010

"I NEVER WILLINGLY PARTICIPATED OR SIGNED UP for anything in regard to American Intercontinental University. Sure I might have signed up and taken a couple of classes"

Really? So you might have signed up, but never willingly signed up? Really? Also, how did you not willingly participate? Participation is a requirement for college. How did they force you against your will to make payments? I'm not sure someone can force you against your will over the phone.

And I don't think they made you pay in order to stop harrassing you. No one wants to harrass you, but also, no one should have to call you and say, "Hey bum, pay your bill!"

You sound pathetic. Barely sounds like there was an ego to ruin in the first place...

• Wo
      20th of May, 2011

People need to remember, once YOU'VE signed your paperwork to take a class and YOU'VE signed to pay the funds granted to you in advance, YOU MUST PAY IT BACK NO MATTER HOW MANY DAYS YOU ARE or ARE NOT IN CLASS...YOU SIGNED FOR IT...YOU PROMISED TO PAY THE FUNDS BACK...YOU SIGNED THAT YOU WOULD ALLOW THE LOAN TO GO TO COLLECTIONS IF YOU DO NOT PAY...IT'S NOT THE SCHOOLS FAULT, MOMMY & DADDY'S FAULT or COUSIN LARRY'S FAULT YOU DID NOT COMPLY TO YOUR END OF THE DEAL...When you do not pay your student loan back, YOU not anyone else, makes the loan go into default...once in default you are assessed late fees & collection costs (it's in the paperwork YOU signed at the beginning)...DON'T BLAME ANYONE ELSE FOR YOUR SLACKING TO READ THE FINE PRINT...WHEN I WAS GROWING UP I WAS TOLD "IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME..DON'T DO THE CRIME" & "IF YOU CAN'T PAY CASH..YOU DON'T NEED IT" & "IF YOU DON'T INTEND ON PAYING THE MONEY BACK..DON'T TAKE THE LOAN"
    REMEMBER - when YOU don't pay your student loan back (like YOU promised), YOU are keeping the next person from attending school and furthering their education, YOU are the one making taxes go up, YOU are the one why the government can't pay it's debt (because they are too busy paying YOUR's...and YOU ARE THE ONE'S KEEPING """DEBT COLLECTORS""" IN A JOB...THANKS FOR THE JOB...