Geico / sucks

Cancelled my tahoe policy as of oct. 6 2010 and added a different vehicle. was told I was being pro-rated from the oct 1st to oct 6th for 94.00 when my policy payments were only 70.00 originally.

Asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold then told they would call me back within 2 hours... that was 10 hours ago.

Anything wrong here?

Rip off maybe?

Jo

Comments

• Na
      21st of May, 2011

Read my comment of today and sue them.

• Li
      2nd of Oct, 2011

Geico is the worst insurance company I have every tried to work with. They are total liars and scammers. I wish i could sue them for everything they are worth. They charged me 695.00 for a 6 months premiem that was suppose to be for full coverage which is Michigan law. So I think everything is fine until I into an accident 10 days later. I call them to make a claim and they tell me i only have liability insurance and that the are not responsible for anything else. I said are you people crazy, i would not just pay that kind of money for just liability and that i owed on the vehicle that was totaled in the wreck. They said they were sorry but i should have checked everything with the agent on line who wrote up the policy and i told them to play back the recording and i know for a fact he quoted and we agreed to full coverage policy. Which is the law in Michigan if you owe on your vehicle which i did. They said they did not monitor every call so therefore is was word against the agent. I would have never authorized or gave my credit card information for that amount for only liability insurance, that quote was for full coverage. So know i have no car, have to pay off for a car i don't have plus i am also responsible for towing and storage on a car i don't even have. Plus no car or transportation for work which i will probably lose my job because i work 25 miles away and have to transportation now. All Because of a bunch of bate a switch low lifes who care nothing about their business but to screw hard working people out of their money. Their should be a law against companies like this. The supervisor you can never reach and the rest are just a bunch of uncaring flunkies who are paid not to care what you have to say, i am so disgusted with these people, believe me if i had the money i would sue these thieves for everything they are worth where they could never do this to other innocent trusting people! Anyone have any ideas, maybe a class action lawsuit for all of us that been hurt by his scamming company?

2nd of Oct, 2011

You don't need much money to sue them, which is what you should do, because a verbal promise should hold up in court. If full coverage is the law in your state, they shouldn't have sold you anything else and were derelict if they did. Since they are probably located in another state than yours, file a diversity suit in federal court for fraud and claim damages. If you need advice, I'll help you if you don't want to hire a lawyer, which is of course your best bet, but not your only one. That's what I try to do with my nonprofit Advocacy Unlimited. If you qualify, you can get free process for the filing fee, which is I think just a few hundred. I'm taking them to court Oct. 17 for what they did to me and I think I will win. Good luck.

2nd of Oct, 2011

And who is your lienholder? Because they should have objected to the coverage Geico sold you. Sue them, too.

2nd of Oct, 2011

You should be able to get a lawyer to take your case on contingency, because it's a no-brainer. You can email me at rilke1872@yahoo.com or call me at 505 819-1339.

• Su
      22nd of Sep, 2013

I am appalled that geico has to resort to beastiality, ie: Maxwell the pig to sell insurance, . I'm referring to the commercial where the pig ends up on a date with the blonde girl. Needless to say I am so offended that I do not intend to renew my policy with them