Gate 1 Travel / Travel

1 TX, United States Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:

We have just returned from our six day Paris tour. Anjanet and I have serious concerns about our vacation.

Our vacation began with a slight delay at the airport due to someone having left an unattended bag in the airport. We were not allowed passed the jetway into the airport for over 45 minutes. After we were finally allowed access to the airport and to retrieve our luggage, we went to the level 7 and waited for our driver. After having waited another 45 minutes, we went to the phone as instructed by our documentation delivered by Gate 1. I called the number and the gentleman told me to simply go and wait again at gate seven and the driver would arrive in a Volkswagen. This was the most description he had given me. We had absolutely no idea who or what we were looking for. After waiting another 20 or 30 minutes, I went over to some other people and asked if they were waiting for the same service since they were at the same gate. They were also unsure of who the driver was or what type of vehicle they should be looking for. Fortunately, they flagged us down when the driver approached them and told them who he was. They realized that we were looking for the same driver. Otherwise, we would've been left at the airport. The driver had no discernible markings or even a sign with our names on it. In short, he didn't arrive until sometime after 11 o'clock. Our plane arrived on time at 8:35 AM.

We were his last stop on the route and didn't arrive at our hotel until sometime after 12 o'clock. This left us very little time to clean up and recover from our flight and meet our first excursion at the Louvre, which was at 2:15. We arrived on time for our excursion at the location given to us on our documentation. Unfortunately, the information was incorrect. The travel agent explained that we needed to be at another location and that our instructions were incorrect. She attempted to make a phone call and get us on the tour, but it had already left. We missed the excursion due to erroneous information provided to us by Gate 1.

Our hotel, Mercure Tour de Eiffel, was an upgrade. We had no air conditioning throughout our entire stay. I went to the front desk and asked if there was something they could do about the air conditioning not working in our room. The gentleman explained that the air conditioning system of the hotel was a global system and was not working and had not been working for several weeks. Basically, the entire hotel was without air-conditioning. Our only choice was to open the window and deal with the road noise instead. The gentleman at the front desk told us the system was a very old system and that the hotel was planning to replace it in June or July.

Lastly, I tried several times to call the shuttle service for the pick up time the day before our departure as instructed. I tried several times. The phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. I then went to the front desk of the hotel and gave them our information. The gentleman at the desk brought up the website and verified the information on our Gate 1 documentation. He placed a call and the phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. No one would answer. He told us he would continue trying and see if he could get someone to answer the phone and let us know when we arrived back at the hotel after dinner. There was no information left for us upon our arrival back at the hotel. I had the front desk attempt again in the morning at around 7 o'clock. It was the same story. The phone just kept ringing. We ended up taking a cab which cost us €50.

Upon behalf of Anjanet and myself, I am formally requesting a refund for the shuttle that never came, the cost difference between the upgrade of the hotels and missed excursion to the Louvre. A credit towards any further Gate 1 travels is not acceptable. This isn't a matter of being dissatisfied. This is a matter of having paid for things that we did not receive.

Ga
Apr 17, 2013

Comments

11th of Feb, 2014

A quien corresponda.

mi nobre es Jose Navarrete. mi esposa y yo hemos echo barios viajes con Gate1 exelente compnia de vijajes.
    . el problema es que no herrecibido la lista semanal de sus ofertas. y la no me la mandan yo quiciera saver si no les intereso como cliente o hai un problema electronico. estamos listos para eser hotro viaje junpto con mas amigos.

les quedare muy agradecido si me dijeran cual es el problema .

Aten. Jose Navarrete.

jose.navarrete@hotmail.com

• Un
      31st of Mar, 2014

ATTENTION GATE 1 CUSTOMERS- If you buy the trip insurance (cancellation and/or medical) call the actual insurance company. Ask ALL questions beforehand. We had to cut our 30 day trip short after 5 days due to illness and we didn't get a refund anything like what we were told we would get. Then, adding insult to injury, they came back later and said WE owed THEM $200 (they said they overpaid us) We refused to pay them and they sent the $200 to the credit reporting companies which ruined my mom's perfect credit score.We contacted Gate 1 and they absolutely refused to help us. NEVER AGAIN GATE 1.