Gardeners Choice / Giant Tomato Tree

1 5236 Dorsey Street #BChattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 423 821-5407

I have ordered the giant tomatoe tree twice...yes, twice and have yet to receive any plant at all. They continue to take money from my credit card, you cannot get in touch with customer service, they don't have any records of my order (not according to my order number. I will be getting in touch with the local news station to give Gardeners' Choice some much needed publicity. Calvin Sneed at News Channel 9 has been very helpful with matters such as these.

Comments

• Wi
      11th of Jun, 2008
    Gardeners Choice - my order of plants
    12305 Greenspring Avenue
    Owings Mills
    Maryland
    Phone: 410-252-2114
    eaverblvd@aol.com

I ordered 4 V30018 Giant Tomato Plants for 10.98. I only received 2. I also ordered 1 V13382 Tomato Potato for 6.98.
    I also ordered 2 G20802 Topsy Turvy Planter. I wasn't charged for the planters, but can't they tell me they don't have them anymore.
    I have been on the phone trying to get this squared away, but I get is a man telling me to stay by they are on the phone with other customers or a busy signal.
    I want my 2 giant tomato plant now and I want my broken in half tomato potato replaced now.
    I was also charged to much for shipping.
    Customer # 4845722. Reference # 10501
    My bill was 17.96 plus 8.95 for s/h Total 26.91.
    I want my items or give me my credit that is due me.
    Thanks Sandra Raver

• Wi
      11th of Jun, 2008

I typed my e-mail wrong. This is for Gardeners Choice.
    Sandra Raver
    Thanks

• Ba
      26th of May, 2009

I bought 2 tomatoe plants and the seeds are not in the dam pot. It is time to call the attorney general office and complain fraud through the mail put a complaint in to the us postal, better business bureau they don't do much I R S TO CHECK THEIR TAXES wehat a joke they have been getting away with this for along time any more Ideas thanks barbara

• La
      6th of Aug, 2009
    Gardeners Choice - dead weeping maple tree
    gardeners choice
    Hartford
    Michigan
    gardenerschoice.com

i purchased a weeping japanese maple tree in april. as soon as it was shipped to me (and when i was supposed t0) i planted it. to this day it is still in the same condition as it was 4-5 months ago. i have contacted the co. two different times .the first time the co asked me to send additional info which i did. i did not hear from them and i emailed again . that was in june and july. it is now august and i have had NO luck at all and they do not respond to my requests. is there something u can do to help?

• Al
      6th of Sep, 2009
    Gardeners Choice - Rude and abrupt
    gardenerschoice.com

Company claims the order was placed by myself or my husband because it shipped to our address and our phone number was used. Gardeners Choice rep admitted no security questions are asked to veirfy that the person making the call is in fact the actual card holder. Perhaps Gardner's Choice has not heard of phone lines being accessed to make fraudulant credit card charges in addition to fraudulant calls. Neither my husband or I are gardners, we just mow the grass. If we wanted grass seed, fertilizer and the rest of the junk that was sent to us, we could drive less than 10 minutes to Lowe's, Home Depot or Wal Mart to purchase the same exact items for far less money and have them immediately. It doesn't make sense to order something in May that is supposed to arrive at the ideal time for planting (now Aug). It is over 90 degrees in Virginia at this time of year and no one is planting grass or adding fertilizer to their lawns. It is just too hot.

Customer Service is non existent. Both reps I spoke with were rude and abrupt. For me this is another indicator that there are so many complaints, the reps answer the phone prepared to do battle.

If you have a choice for gardening supplies, stay away from Gardner's Choice.

• Ra
      12th of May, 2010
    Gardeners Choice - Beware
    Gardeners Choice

I am trying to reach them as if I have a new order to place. Still holding. If trying to get a rep. the line #2 is always busy. Frustrating, I just want the plants, don't like complaining. But I think I got ripped off here. I have emails them that are rejected and returned to me. I did put this on AMEX, so will be calling them to have them get me a refund. Beward using these people, could be a scam. I read other reports and did not head warning. But do get enticing emails from Gardener's Choice.

• Te
      22nd of May, 2011
    Gardeners Choice - Billed me $109 instead of $9.98 and no merchandise!
    Gardeners Choice

This company swindles people and they are smooth. I ordered a 2 for one deal (4 trees for the price of 2) it was supposed to be $9.98. They billed me $109.- and when called them (same day as I ordered) they said to call back in a couple of days and they would adjust the order. I called back in a couple of days as advised and then they said they already shipped the order (20 trees!!!) I said, "but I don't want 20 trees, I only want 2" They said, well just send them right back to get a refund (not so simple).

Well, 2 weeks later folks, I still haven't received even 1 tree and they have taken my money 2 weeks ago. I am planning to have my bank do an investigation so that I can get my money back.