GamePal.com / Online fraud

United States Review updated:

I used to play an online video game called Lineage 2, i created and played and leveled a character. i had personal issues and decided to stop playing the game. I sold the character to an online website, Gamepal.com, for $107, this was about 6-9 months ago. well 6 days ago i received an email from the Gamepal.com, that said ' This is a warning email to inform you we are in the process of filing a credit card dispute on your payment sent to you along with processing a collections claim using the registration and innovation information (we record your information when you submit your account). After our recent investigation, we have solid evidence proving that you reset the password to the account you sold us. We offer 3 options to resolve this issue. '

First off, i have not played this game since the sale of this character and they have a collection agency that has contacted me telling me that i owe them over $1300, and all of these claims they make are false. i have looked on the internet and found people that they have become victim of this scam. please let me know who i can contact to get help or what i can do.
Va

More GamePal.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Do
  22nd of Nov, 2008
Heads up, anything that you are sent to Collections on you have the right to Contest claims under a time statue of 30 days written notice in which they will have to forfeit their claim or take you to small claims court. Because of the nature of their kind of company, you can definitely win in Small claims court by arguing the validity of online goods supplied by a company that is in violation of another company.
Ki
  27th of Nov, 2008
I had the exact same thing happen to me today. I got a letter from their collections agency stating I owed them over 1400$ for a FFXI account I sold to gamepal over a year ago.

Ive been reading up on them and it looks like theyre in a lot of financial problems, seems to me theyre going through they're records to get double payment of their services! WATCH OUT!
Mi
  4th of Mar, 2009
What can be done to make them $#*@ off? =) the same thing happened to me, I was not the original owner of the account I sold to them, they knew that before they bought the account so they were 100% responsible of the account. They also told me they contacted blizzard and they said I took the account, but if they can get that much info out of blizzard they would be able to reset the account, so now they keep sending me mail, calling my house and sending me emails because they are trying to scam me into giving them 600$+, so anyone know what I can do to get it back.
Th
  3rd of Nov, 2009
still waiting for them to contact me on sale of account ill be sure to report back here
Ga
  15th of May, 2011
It should be noted that AS OF 5/15/11 ... RMT businesses, as well as greedy players are looking to cash in on the free 45 days given by SOE on ALL accounts due to the breach.
Massive recalls of toons, as well as the downtime of several sites such as Gamepal and others...

GAMEPAL IS A SCAM --- 5/15/11
Br
  23rd of Jun, 2011
It seems the bulk of these complaints are people with "collection" related issues and ones that happened prior to 2009.

Complaints 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 on this page are all collection related issues.
Complaint 6 is some guy saying Gamepal is a scam because SOE had a breach on their company which makes no sense at all being that those companies aren't direct partners with each other.

In regards to the other 5 complaints in regards to the collection agency, did you guys actually try to contact Gamepal? Just spending 15 seconds surfing their website and you find a link on how to actually resolve the issue.

Personally I cannot comment on Gamepal as I haven't bought from them since 2006 and while I realize things may have changed, I do see that the bulk of people complaining are related to the same common collection related issues. Being that the company has been in business now for over 7 years, if they were having the issues like people claim they are having, then they would have been out of business by now. Instead it seems they are still doing a lot of business per their facebook.