Gamepal / Fraudulent company

1 Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. I made a post about this on other forums and I hope to get a response somewhere.

I was contacted by phone today by Gamepals collection agency saying if I don't pay them the 500.00 dollars I owed them, it will hit my credit in a few days. ( that was a shock!)

I asked him what the 500.00 was for, and he said for a WoW account I sold them in february of '08 and they accused me of regaining ownership of the account.

I hadn't dealt with Gamepal since back in 2/08 so I checked my record of e-mails and they did send me an e-mail in 2/08 saying the account I sold them had been recalled. The e-mail also said if I do not give them the password they would file a claim and charge me for $420 + the amount of the account I sold them. Also, it stated that if I don't pay them then I would have to fly to Raleigh, NC and go to court. So now all this time has passed and their collections agency called and said I owe gamepal money.

I did not regain control of the account and the account did not belong to me in the first place. I asked him what proof they had (remember this is their collections agency I was talking to) and they said gamepal contacted blizzard and confirmed I regained control of the account. This is obviously a load of crap because I did no such thing, and couldn't even if i wanted to as the account didn't belong to me in the first place. Even if it was actually my account and I did recall it, blizzard would never give out my information.

I asked the collections agency to give me the phone number of gamepal so that I may speak with someone there and he told me gamepal doesn't have a phone number and I should e-mail them. I sent them an e-mail saying I did not recall any account and that they have no proof because no such proof exists. I told them to stop contacting me and to tell their collections agency to stop contacting me.

I googled gamepal and collections agency and I got a lot of results saying gamepal almost went broke a year ago and were trying to get money any way they can and that many people were in situations like this with gamepal. Some people say ignore them, and some say hire a lawyer to write a letter for $100.

I know I was stupid for using gamepal in the first place, but do they have any legal means to make me pay the money or make me go to court?

What should I do? Their collection agency told me my credit was about to get hit because I have not paid them. Do they have any legitimate case on me at all?

I'm worried because the transaction back then was done through paypal and they have my paypal information and have my home address.

I'm a college student and can't afford to fly to NC and go to court. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sa

Comments

• Xm
      16th of Feb, 2009

I am currently in the same situation and I do not know what to do. I am very tempted to just pay the collection even though I have no idea as to why it is so much. Have you made any progress in resolving the situation?

• Ky
      16th of Feb, 2009

ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS? can they take us to court for virtual items that dont exist? Can they even have this collection agency hit our credit? can I turn right back around and hit there credit for some bogus charges?

• Ds
      18th of Feb, 2009

u dont have to pay them back they dont have no proof that u claimed the account back becuase blizzard would banned your account if they call tell them that u sold yuour account to them, read the blizz contract u cant sell account and u will get banned if u do so when they buy ur account is ilegay and they have no proof that u claimed it back

• In

Revenue: $1 - 10M
    Ticker: (No Data)

• Wa
      10th of Sep, 2009

Watch out for these ######s!! I went through them to sell my FFXI account and they logged into it and sold all my ###!! DONT DEAL WITH GAMEPAL!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR ###!!

• Lu
      23rd of Oct, 2009
    Gamepal - ordered an acount
    Gamepal.com
    Raleigh
    North Carolina
    gamepal.com

Order a o Account from them for $68.42 the company said 30 min delivery to 24 hour delivery and i had waited fo the delivery and have not recived it . Went to there so called 24 hours live support and it was just an email and the respoce was automate after serveral emails i called my CC company and disputed the charge still waiting on that. So i decided to try and trace the gamepal.com on WHOIS and there is no contact infomation in ther database as trace it back furter i found out that the company that host there account is Rackspace.com i called rackspace.com and gave them the gamepal.com and rackspace could not find it under that name so i took it a step further and found out that the ip address they use is 72.3254.146 i than called back rackspace and gave them this IP address and low and behold they pulled up the account and they would not release any info on that account because it was reg. with a private name. Rackspace told me to email abuse@rackspace.com and they will investaget it. This company is a fraud. stay away from them.

• Co
      10th of Jan, 2010

Pretty sure they jacked my account. ###ing ### suckers.

• Gr
      2nd of Apr, 2010
    Gamepal - Fraud
    Gamepal
    North Carolina
    gamepal.com

I decided to sell my WoW account on tuesday 3/30/2010. My order was A1454684, and I later decided to look into the website. I found out that this site has a F from the BBB, and is well known for their fraud. I just want my order A1454684 to be cancelled and I will be happy.
    Steven

• Ba
      12th of Apr, 2010

I am in this same situation but it is still on my credit report and ruining my credit. I dont even have access to my account anymore so i dont know what they are talking about. If someone has any info on what to do to get this taken off my credit report please by all means inform.

• Cr
      16th of May, 2011

5/15/11 SCAM SITE --- WARNING--

Do not use this site, my toons were all stolen. I can prove it, so stop erasing my comment.

SCAM SITE
    5/15/11

8th of Jun, 2016
    Gamepal - Not delivered!
    GamePal
    Connecticut

I ordered a ffxi account from these guys like a month ago and still have not received my account information. They blocked me from live chat and keep giving me the same email responses saying that they already sent account information and if i didn't receive to let them know. They have bad customer service and should be put out of business.