Gamepal / SCAMMERS!

Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

So I sold an FFXI account to gamepal over a year ago. On Nov. 3 of this year I get an email from them saying that I reset the password to the account that I sold them and that they were unable to access the account. All of this, of course, if complete BS because after I sold the account they changed the password. The only way I could have reset the password then was either: 1) know the password they used, which I didnt and still dont or 2) call Square Enix and have them reset the password over the phone, which I did not do either.

After selling that account I never tried to get it back because it was in their contract not to do so, I followed it to the letter.

So because the email they sent it to doesnt get checked very often (I use it for paypal transactions only) I never got to email them back to resolve this issue. So they got their COLLECTIONS AGENCY involved.

When I sold this FFXI account, I received 104USD for it. Now theyre saying I owe them 1425.60USD! They're trying to scam me out of my money saying I need to pay the retail price of the account because it was not delivered to the customer...OVER A YEAR LATER?!

Now I have to get a lawyer into this matter because their collections agency are being vague about what they can do to resolve this matter. Ughhh!

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS! THEY ARE GOOD FOR NOTHING!
Ki

Comments

Kt
  8th of Apr, 2008
I purchased an account from them. After making the payment through moneybookers, i went back tot he website but the account was still showing under checkout, and had not been processed for validation. I contacted their live chat, and was told to send in an email. Which I did. That was one week ago. And since then, all i have had back is a couple of holding reminders to say they are looking at it. All my attempts to go through live support have been stonewalled. because according to their live chat, there is nothing they can do!

And there is no number to call either. So basically i have been waiting in vain, and going by the other complaints here, i don't think my wait is going to be over soon. I will definitely never do business with this company again and would not recommend anyone to do so either.
Wi
  27th of May, 2008
Yeah I got scammed by them too, lost 179 bucks after purchasing 1-70 Powerleveling Service. a Woman called and asked me to validate my details but it's been over 4 months now and I still haven't received my Toon, Tossers...
Wo
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Want to know the reason why you probably got hit up for that? He's going to court on the 15th of December for past problems. He's hard up on cash, bet you and trying to built a nest egg to get his ### out of hot water.