Future Steel Buildings / Scam

1 Review updated:

I contacted future steel buildings spoke with Moe Arthur we spoke about an existing concrete slab i have wich is a 30x30 ft he told me they could sell me a building for it at a total of 5500 including shipping. So he sent a contract to my bank the contract calls for 30x30 ft building at wich time i signed the contract and placed a 1, 100 dollar down payment When i recieve my blue prints it is showing a 29.9x31ft building i then call moe told him they had sent me the wrong blue prints that i already have a slab poured he then tells me that they can send me the building on the contract for an extra 2, 600 dollars i then ask him for a refund if they cannot provide the building for the agreed price on the contract he instantly told me that there in house lawers would make sure i did not recieve a refund that thier company does not give money back beware of these people do not get taken like i did i contacted a lawer but he said would cost more to fight with them than it is worth wish i had read the others befor i did buisness with these jerks STAY AWAY FROM FUTURE STEEL BUILDING THE ONLY THING IN THE FUTURE IS THEM TAKING YOUR MONEY AND RUNNIN.

Tr

Comments

• De
      Aug 19, 2013

My husband asked for a brochure from them and then he decided he was not interested in their product. Since then, we have had many phone calls from them and every time they have been told not to call us again and that we are not interested. We received the last phone call this morning at 7.30 am. If this is not harassment I do not know what is. Steer clear of this company, they will not leave you alone if you show any interest. Denise Buchart

• Je
      Mar 10, 2019

@denise buchart It is against the law to call at 7:30 am. I tell people like that that I am contacting my state's attorney General if they continue. Keep the info of that 7:30 call on your called I'D and when they call again reference their 7:30 call and tell them you are reporting them in general and that call specifically, to your state's attorney general. That has always worked for me.

• Bo
      Nov 14, 2013

A couple years back, my wife asked for some information from Future Steel Buildings. When they called us to discuss what they might sell us, I informed them that our neighborhood association bylaws would not allow us to erect a steel building, and that we would thus not be interested after all. They have called back multiple times since then, always asking for my wife, maybe hoping that she would give a different answer. This morning, when they called, I very politely started to explain that we are not allowed to have steel buildings in the neighborhood. Before I could even finish, they hung up. Very quick, very rude, and just sleazy sales practices. Once you show signs of interest in these folks, they just keep calling no matter what you tell them.

• Br
      Mar 07, 2014
    Best Best Advice

This company FUTURE STEEL BUILDINGS are criminal.
    I see my situation as a con just like everyone else. I lost my deposit as well. This has been burning me up inside for two years now. Every time I see one of their very misleading commercials my blood pressure goes up.
    I sent my deposit thinking I was simply securing the good deal they were offering with no commitment, for buildings long in inventory that they would like to sell. This was clearly expressed over the phone by the sales persons, I arrived home only to find out when I got home the document they sent to my wife for signature because I was travelling stated the deposit was not refundable.
    At that time I thought I may as well proceed rather then lose my deposit, but in the end the cost was very high it wasn't the building it was claimed to be and nowhere near the great price they implied. If this were the old west that sales manager would be buried too his neck in sand, but it's not. It's the modern era of deception and fraud.

DON'T FALL FOR THIS
    They don't need to sell any buildings to be profitable they just need to continue ripping everyone off for their deposits for the cost of a few phone calls. I also had contacted them previously just to get more information. They cold called me, the price was thought to be very good and seemed worth the deposit to secure the price. As stated I was travelling across the country at the time and soon needed to board the plane. I ASKED THEM TO CALL BACK IN A FEW DAYS OR I WOULD CALL THEM, THEN THE SALES MANAGER PHONED WITH THE BIGGER SALES PITCH AND THE BIG GUARENTEE. Thinking !!! as stated no commitment was required I had the money wired. When I returned home and started conversing with the sales office I soon realized this was no deal at all and when all was said and done this building was much more expensive than others, not to mention concerns over structural strength due to our snow load. After careful consideration and lots of homework I decided to cancel the order, only to be informed that my deposit was non refundable.
    THE ODD THING THOUGH, THE YOUNG FELLOW WHO ORIGINALLY CALLED WHO WAS POLITELY TRYING TO PURSUAD ME - WAS NO LONGER WORKING THERE WHEN I PHONED THE NEXT DAY TO ENSURE I DIDN'T GET RIPPED OFF BY A CON MAN - NOT KNOWING I REALLY DID JUST DIDN'T KNOW IT YET.

These guys are deceptive liars with no integrity. So if you’re looking for a building look elsewhere.
    AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THIS COMPANY HAS NO BUSINESS BEING IN BUSINESS. THEY'RE
    NO BETTER THEN THE SCAM ARTISTS WE HEAR OF IN THE NEWS EACH AND EVERY DAY. (PERSONALLY,
    IT'S TIME WE COLLECTIVELY SUIT THEM) THEIR NOT THE SCAM ARTISTS NO ONE CAN FIND
    WE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE BUT SEEMINGLY THEY ARE UNTOUCHABLE.

BC

May 10, 2017

@British Columbia BC, you mentioned a collective law suit and I for one will join in to sue these scam artist. It's time❗️

• Tr
      Jan 03, 2019

@Charles E. Mobley we retained an attorney today. BAD experience from the beginning. Now, we have a building that was way more than it's worth. You end up having to buy extra parts, etc too many things went wrong to mention. The building was supposed to house a collection of cars. It was guaranteed to be perfect for that. It buckled on the roof. It leaks under the sides. We are out almost $30k for a useless, ugly building. My Dad is now terribly depressed over it all.

Jan 23, 2019

@Charles E. Mobley I too would happily join in any law suit against this company because of the very defective product they make and their deceptive business practices.

• Je
      Mar 10, 2019

@British Columbia Contact your state's attorney general. If enough state's get enough complaints and those scammed are vocal, the states often band together to take care of the situation.

• Ca
      Apr 26, 2014

We erected our 24x30 building in December 2013. Two days later it snowed, and snowed. We got it finished. Wow lots more work than they let on.
    Last week I noticed the cars were wet, stuff on the work bench was wet. I looked up and saw over half a dozen small stress cracks in the roof. ( similar to when you flex a pop can)
    Called Future Steel. We sent the pictures they asked for. They emailed back saying we had too much snow on the roof. Offered me better panels for $1700.
    Who are they kidding. This garage has not been up for 6 months.
    Do not ever, ever purchase from them. We are in to this building for $12000. No way am I giving them more money. I have already contacted the local building inspector, he says it is there problem. Hopefully we can get somewhere with our lawyer.

Jan 23, 2019

@CaptDave434 If possible, please let me know if you are effective going the legal route. I'm so mad at this lousy building I wish there were a legal solution, but don't want to throw good money after bad.

• Mi
      Jul 28, 2015

Do yourself a favor and stay away from these buildings. Purchased and built a 30 x 50 and it could not handle New England snow (CT) Collapsed on our vehicles and company basically said TO [censored]ING BAD.

• Ri
      Aug 09, 2015

Upon further research and scrutiny, I would surmise that FSB is also operating under the name of "Pioneer Sales" see link: http://www.steelbuildings-ontario.com/
    If that is the case, one should beware of them as well.

• Ri
      Aug 09, 2015

After reading numerous posts and complaints about FSB, I would highly advise consumers to steer clear from this company.
    It seems to me that FSB is in the business of scamming innocent, unsuspecting and trusting folks.
    So I say: Caveat Emptor...Like Barnum stated many years ago..."There's a $ucker born every minute." Don't let that $ucker be you!!!
    If that is the case, one should beware of them as well.

• Ro
      Nov 22, 2015

My $7500 FSB "shed" is now up to $50k, try insulating, add doors windows, electrical, etc everything will cost you 3-5 times a conventional bldg.
    stay clear unless your looking for a drive shed or hay barn.
    Rob
    Kingston, ON

• Sh
      May 19, 2016

FSB calls me many times a month. Each time they tell a new story about a cancellation and how they have buildings that they ready to go from this cancellation. Explosions, Fires, Death, Divorce. All things they have said had happened and now they have buildings the need to sell. When I first called them they asked for a deposit. I did not give them any money. When I said I will not give them any money because we had not agreed on a size or style of building yet he was upset and said ( well we don't do business in the US anyway.) I said you knew where I was before calling me. They call many times a month with a new story of cancellations and that they are giving me a great deal on the buildings. This place is a scam.

May 10, 2017

Rip off is right! Anyone doing research on this business shoul steer clear of these scam artist!

Jun 11, 2017

Everything I just read is true. Great deals, many phone calls offering "gotta move now", get your non-refundable deposit is their business model. All BS. So after all is said and done I built my building to house my many and expensive motorcycles. Looks great end of summer when I finished. Proud of my work until winter hit. POS FSB design bolt together junk leaks like a sieve. Attempted many repairs offered by FSB as well as my own ideas. I know it is the sealed head bolts and the big holes in the sheet metal which cannot seal. I got screwed. Please don't let this happen to you. Build a conventional building. It will last just as long and you can make it ANY way you want. If ever there is a law suit against these crooks I would like to be involved.

Jan 23, 2019

@mangy fowl I have had the same experience, after hundreds of dollars trying to stop leaks I've given up and think it's better to tear it down and go with a stick built building. I would happily join in any law suit. Gary Tash at [protected]@gmail.com.

• Be
      Sep 08, 2017

I was just hard sold by Michael Gladstone of FSB to put a deposit down on a building. His pitch was that Hurricane Harvey had caused a bunch of people to back out from contracts and they had a ton of inventory clogging their shipping bays. He told me that to wait would be ridiculous because prices on buildings today would be double in a couple of weeks. The WHOLE DEAL is getting your $ via deposit. Not going to work with this company due to the bad taste of working with a pushy salesman and reading countless horror stories online. Good luck in your search for a building! Deal locally if possible.

Sep 27, 2018

Hurricane Florence (2018), FSB tells me, has them in a "similar predicament." Thanks for all your warnings above!

Aug 17, 2019

Does anyone in Alberta have a positive expeerience in dealing with Mike of Future Steel Buildings. I am looking at purchasing the C Can units