funtonia.com / Poor service!

I subscribed to a ringtone website called Funtonia.com for a one year membership in which my credit card was charged a total of $23.88 for the full year. They canceled my membership after 5 months saying my subscription expired. I contacted them through email since apparently this is the only contact method and I sent a copy of my credit card billing statement to show when it was charged and to let them see that their records showing expiration of my account was incorrect and I never heard from them again. I kept emailing to get it corrected and still to this day 6 months later. I still haven't heard from them nor have they responded in any way to correct this.

Comments

• Ed
      4th of Oct, 2007

This is a bit different than the typical Funtonia complaint I've heard. It even sounds like the service worked for you until Funtonia cancelled your subscription. My home phone is what Funtonia gives out as their number for some of their credit card charges, and I've received hundreds of calls from people, mostly saying they were charged for things they didn't order, overcharged for things they did order, or that the service didn't work. I have information about the company posted on my website, http://www.FuntoniaBAD.info/.

• Ju
      9th of Jan, 2008

Is there anyway to get ahold of the company other than the e-mail section in their website?

• Ca
      11th of Jan, 2008

I was looking for free ringtones.. When it said I had to pay and with a credit card I signed off.. Then Funtonia send me a text message saying that for one day I could get 15 bonus ringtones from their sight.. I visited the signt and it said 9.98 for one month so I signed off.. They sent me an email saying welcome to Funtonia.. I replied to the text message that I didn't sign up for any thing and that I didn't want it... I am wonder ing if they are going to try to charge things to my cell number even if I don't want it and told them I didn't want it.. They have their sight rigged so u can't get back on to tell them u don't want to apply... i just went to the website to see what was what... it seems that once u get on their web site u are stuck.. I need help on how to let them know I didn't sign up for any amount of time...

• Be
      16th of Feb, 2008

Normally I'm the type of person that would research a website before I sign up for it. But for some reason I didn't and now paying for it. I was charged $23.88. That's a year's subscription. Tried to download to my phone, from my phone, nothing works. I've seen many scam sites complaining about this particular site. They are fraudulent. Guys, you will never get your refund. I just had to cancel my debit card and get a whole new one. I took the loss. So NO to Funtonia! P.S. their company resides in Israel or something.

27th of May, 2008

I was charged $23.88 for the whole year & this service is working fine for me, I wanted to change my password, send email about it to their support mail – done, I needed to ad numbers to the service, asked for it – done. I've seen many scam sites complaining about this particular site but I’m not sure why, this is working fine me me, apparently it seems like it won’t work for everyone. My opinion is: if you think you can make those ringtones by yourself then do not pay for it. I saw in other sites comments like: “Guys, you will never get your refund” – why should I want to get a refund if I’m downloading 20 new ringtones every day…? For my concern, this means that this service is functioning, & I’m not funtonia’s representative, just a common person.

• Ko
      13th of Jul, 2008

This is the best website for ringtones ever!! This site has just the ringtones that I need. The only place I could find the new Radiohead album squeezed into fine working ringtones.

• Tm
      2nd of Mar, 2009

All the same things happened to me. So I contacted my credit card company cancelled my card and put in a dispute and complaint. I contacted the FBI Internet Fraud Unit and put in a complaint. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and put in a complaint. By the time Funtonia pays someone to work on all these complaints or at least to answer them which you HAVE to especially the FBI one they wii have paid the $23.88 out that they ripped me off. I wish EVERYONE would do this to them.and cause their profits to fade away!!!

• Ab
      15th of Oct, 2009

Company ripped me off for $23.88 for a year subscription for ringtones

5th of Nov, 2010

I had no problems with my year subscription, I even had my
    CC cancelled for other reasons (i checkd every month for errors
    And general reasons) and saw no weird charges. Just the $2 or w.e a month t was and they still gave me the year subscription. When it was done I just didnt renew it and when I log on it says I just need to pick a subscription again. That stinks for you guys but now Im scared to try it again.

8th of Dec, 2012

Like everyone here I was over charged for a ringtone service that should have charged me 2.99 instead ended up being 17.94, today I am going to the bank and cancel me credit card and get a new one in fear this is nothing but a big scam. there is nothing good about a company that claims to charge one thing and sticks you for anotherm its pure out and out fraud, and I hope the site gets taken down my next thing to do is report them to the FCC and the FBI, because this is credit card fraud pure and simple.

• La
      1st of Sep, 2016
    funtonia.com - requesting cancellation not satisfied with services
    Georgia
    funtonia.com

i lakessia webb just recently signed up for funtonia however i was not aware of them charging my debit card for that amount because i will not be using this service. However i am asking for this service to be cancel before it even starts because this is a waste of time and also i would like for my money that was taken off my card for this scam to be place back on my card as soon as possible.