Force Factor

Posted:

Free trial scam

4.7
FORCE FACTOR
Little green box? Right next to the words "free trial?" must have missed it. However, this is a scam. Its 100% shaddy. Sad how this business has to "trick" customers into using their product. If it was legit, they would refund all your money. Not just some of it. . . Even if it did work - id still not use the product. I don't want to be associated with a company that cheats customers period. The phone number worked for me. Now lets see if they actually follow through with a partial refund.
Complaint comments Comments (41)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Sports & Recreation

Comments

A  16th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Unfortunately, I must have missed the "little green box" as well. Subsequently I was charged $74.98 for a product I did not want. I called the company and read them the riot act. They agreed to credit my account, but only after I send the unwanted product back and they receive it. Who knows how long that will take. This company uses unscrupulous, guerilla marketing tactics to "force" this product down the throats or unsuspecting consumers. I wish I could do more to warn people of this scam before others get taken the same way that I did. Money is hard enough to come by without having someone trying to trick consumers out of it. They should be ashamed however it is clear they have no shame, morals or scruples!
A  16th of Mar, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I too order from this company, sent back the product unopened and they sent me another one after I had called them to cancel. They charged my card in Jan 2010 - I have not received my credit for both charges that I had canceled - It is MARCH. I would not mess with this company -
Thanks.
A  28th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Contact the card issuer (visa, Matercard, Etc) immediately to dispute the charge and then file a complaint with the FTC. You can do that online at FTC.gov or by phone at 1-877-FTC-HELP.
N  12th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
how do cancel something that i did buy
N  6th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Force Factor's Free trial scam is so very obvious. Let me explain. First the tool of a Scam is to make the honest person appear to be at fault in the matter. This is typically done by making them to appear negligent. And I've actually seen statements by persons claiming to be actual representatives of FORCE FACTOR. Referring to buyers as "Stupid" or "Dumb" because they didn't read all of their cleverly crafted fine print.

I ask you what honest business sells you a product without you actually authorizing the sale ? They FORCE FACTOR secure your credit card. They do this by giving you a FREE TRAIL OFFER but you must pay for the shipping with a credit card. They then use your credit card to buy an item that you never authorize. And lo and behold...the product is their own. And suprise ...surprise they mail you an item you never wanted. Then after you receive it. They claim its all "your" fault because you didn't read their three or four page add. Yet the print is in a large box right next to your credit card info (so, guess what "sucker" its all you fault, so shut up". Well ...let's put it this way. If the business was honest. They would give you a free trial offer. Then you would decide and say "Hey, this is a great product". I would love to buy some more. No, that's not how FORCE FACTOR does it, they just set up a difficult to understand add slanted at manipulating the buyer to overlook a fraudulent sale. In which they take your credit card information and buy you a helping of their product and ship it right to you. Horrible. Scams like this happen every day. They are taken into court rooms every day and thieves like Force Factor are publically humiliated into being shown for what they are --- "crooks"...
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well I have to disagree with your disagreement. I have a Master Degree in designing forms. When a form is disigned. The form is the responsibility of the person who designs the form (it must be very clear and simple). When an item is stated to be FREE and states following the free, that the buyer must pay for the shipping of the product. They must also list there, along with those requirements that there are other stipulations. There must be something stated (it doesn't have to be actually stated in full but it must warn the buyer that there are other stipulations). A reference point to the added stipulation. It has to be stated along with Free Trial and required shipping fee. I've looked at this add. It absolutely is not listed there. The listing or stipulation is separated from the original statement. This is an obvious misrepresentation. Any person who designs forms will tell you that, absolutely. The company has separated the additional stipulation in an attempt to deceive or to cause a buyer to search for the additional requirement in hope that they do not notice it. If you don't believe that, that's your business but its true.

Also to use your credit card without your authorizing the use. Is wrong. That's simple business. It also causes the buyer to wonder. Is there another added stipulation somewhere in the add that I may have missed.
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
In reference to the person above who states. "Force Factor is not the first to do this". Or something to that effect. And that he wonders how people are so free to give their information. Also, then they will cry "scam". First of all. It is a SCAM !!!. The fact or statement that you know of five others that do the same. Doesn't make it any less of a SCAM !!! So, basically you are giving credibility to the scam and the scammer (exactly what they/scammers would like people to do). Basically blaming the person who is honest in the action. Many people are not like you and don't know of "five other scams". Many people don't know this. Also credit cards are given every day, people use them to buy gasoline, and pay for near everything they buy. So, to state that people are to quick to use them, is ridiculous. Ok, we'll pat you on the back for knowing of five other scams that exist. Please, don't make a scammer less liabel because all the other guys are doing it. That's much more stupid than a person being taken advantage of by dishonest merchants. Because there are other scams that exist doesn't make dishonesty more acceptable.
D  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
To call another person an "idiot" who you've never met. Is the true commentary on you. Also to tell someone their degree is better suited to "wipe their [censor] with" is another commentary on you. I'll digress. You're an angry person. Who comes on forums like this, to boast about having known, about scams and a MYRIAD of other topics you're basically ignorant of. Which as you say are "common knowledge". Continuing...you're a very small individual. Who needs to be argumentative and to use vulgar language to prove he exists on our planet. Tell it to someone else you're very transparent.
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I told you how a form is supposed to be designed. And you should reread it. Because its the only statement on this page. Which is an absolute. Maybe you should be the one to attend a college or school of some kind. Meet with and or ask someone who designs forms and then get back to me and tell me its not so. I believe that is very simple, instead of assuming. Its very possible even someone as knowledgable as yourself could learn something. My salutations.
A  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Also...Mr. 123321 (if that isn't a quicky tag, I've not seen one). I hope you win the election. I'm speaking of the election you're having on your own planet. The planet you're on that no one else lives on. You should win it. Since you're the only one living on it. And that would make you the only one voting. I also heard you're a "legend" there, also...only problem. I'd hate to see the forms you design for yourself. They problably would allow every possible 'scam"...but since there are thousands of other companies that do likewise (of which you could only name two). Oh...I forgot that was "off the top of your head". That would make it "ok" and very common in the standard of the thousands of form designs. And that is not a "hidden gotcha"...!
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
These are my points. I actually called Force Factor on the phone using the 800 number stated on the box. First I was greeted by a female voice. I stated exactly what I stated previously about forms. How forms are to be designed. I'm talking about ethically. The way most companies design them. I'm not talking about companies that are in the market to deceive. Since I have my own company. I know how a form is designed, since I graduated from Pratt Institute in 1991with a Master's degree in a field where the design of forms is common and the techniques are common. I know how to design one (ethically).

I was then transferred to a second party. A male voice. Who I stated my case to. From there I was then transferred to a third party. This person was is a supervisory position (by claim) When I told them that their form was not ethical. The party never argued. They never claimed that their form was ethical. They did nothing to argue the point. They only stated "that is why we give a refund". They offered me a 40 dollar refund. To keep the product and they would give me forty dollars. They also offered to give me a full refund upon receipt of their returned product. They also went so far as to offer me a refund if I was only to give them a tracking number for the returned product.

I have no idea if Force Factor is currently involved in any legal problems over their FREE OFFER. That I don't know. But, they never despute their offer is legal. Never. They never dispute directly that their offer is ethical. Of course they allude to the inclusion of a statement that a person receiving the free offer must contact them. Or they will receive a 75.00 product which will be billed to the buyers credit card. They say that. But, their refund policy is used to respond to any legal or ethical issues. They never debated my statements on how to create a correct form, never.

As for 123321...learn to count to 4. Hopefully before you bother the next poster. Also I after I wiped my a** with my degree. I shoved it down your mother's throat. And she liked it.
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Again, in ending MR 123...I in no way feel discredited. I just want to tell as many people as I can FORCE FACTOR is a SCAM. The product does not HELP IN ANY WAY. And that anyone who buys the product will eventually learn THAT THEY WERE RIPPED OFF !!!
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
123321 has given up the fight. He's a fake phony fraud much like. Many of those on this complaint form who claim (and its most likely true) that they are paid reps of FORCE FACTOR. The product is a total and complete fraud. Please don't try the product if you do, you will certainly learn that you've been soundly ripped off ! Only then will you be able to see who's truthful here. 123321 is most likely a rep of FORCE FACTOR. His passive aggressive tone, supports the theory that being a scam artist is in vogue...as 123321 says "NOWADAYS"...he uses the jargon NOWADAYS...this is how FREE TRIALS ARE RUN. Although I can remember receiving free products without a company basically pirating my credit card to send me their product. He must be an agent for the FORCE FACTOR. AGENT 123321
N  8th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Mr. 123321...stated very clearly that these Add's which Scam the public. Are, and I'm using Mr. 123321's words, "Common nowadays". He later goes on to state there are are 1000's of companies using these types of add's. Although Mr. 123321 could only name 2. But, he was only pulling the company names "off the top of his head." But, as everyone now knows Mr. 123321 doesn't know his [censor] from his elbow. Truth is 123321 is probably sitting on his elbow now and the only thing that is on the top of his head...is a Dunce cap !

Nonetheless...FORCE FACTOR is a Scam. They tell you to take four tablets every day and lift weights like a manaic...and they guarantee you'll get stronger. A Duh !!
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ok, you waited until you thought I was asleep to write a come back. Also, I'm sorry the one other company that you named off ..."the top of your head" that were scammers...Proactive. Didn't clear up the zits on your wife's [censor]. And since that was five years ago, you're still pissed off. Because you have a wife with pimples on her [censor]. And no help !!! lol...try clearsil on her [censor]. Maybe that will help. Anything I can do to help. Just ask !!!...there are worse things. Then having a wife with a zit filled [censor]...she could have NO [censor] AT ALL...that would match her husband who has NO BALLS AT ALL lol...lol...lol...lol...!!! This was the post to show 123321...how smart I am...lol !!!
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Solution 123321 should put some force factor on his wife's [censor]..
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
ALSO FORCE FACTOR IS A SCAM...anybody who buys that junk will realize they've been ripped off...EVEN 123321 KNOWS THEY ARE A SCAMMERS...and he works for FORCE FACTOR...he should try boiling some of the pills and smearing them on his wife's [censor]...to clear up her acne problem. Good luck 123321...hope your wife's zits clear up.
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
DON'T USE FORCE FACTOR'S FREE TRIAL OFFER...ITS A SCAM...!!! ...123321 can try it. Since he spends all of his free time defending it. And attacking anyone who has an education. He has an inferiority complex because his wife is giving him an [censor] ache...becase the Proactive didn't work and she has a bumps on her butt.
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
123321...maybe you should show all of these entries to your esteemed FAMILY...that you provide for. Show them how you spend your free time. I'm sure their opinion of you would grow by leaps and bounds. I can hear your children now. "My dad spends all is free time on the COMPLAINTS BOARD"...acting like a nerd and putting on his "Judge Judy" robe to pass judgement on all the complaints...isn't he IMPORTANT !!! If your children saw all your DUMB posts...they'd realize you're DOPE !
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
FORCE FACTOR IS A SCAM...DON'T BUY IT, DON'T USE IT. ALSO DON'T ENLIST THEIR "FREE TRIAL OFFER"...Its a scam !!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree