FlySafair / angry - disappointed - disgusted

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

I was booked on flight FA109 - 20/11/2016 departing from Jhb to Cape Town at 14:40 and I have checked in 1 hr 30 min prior to flight departure.

I checked through the departing gates at 14:00 and as my boarding pass indicated, I must make my way to gate C13, which I did.

As I was standing in the line waiting on the boarding gates to open, I asked a gentleman that was standing in the same line if there's been a delay in flight and he said yes.

I became anxious and nervous and left the line to make my way towards the information desk. To my astonishment I saw on the departing board that flight FA109 already departed to Cape Town.

I was furious and I was told to go to flysafair ticket sales and explain to them.

My name was not called over the intercom at all. I have been traveling with flysafair since their very first flight from Cape Town to Jhb and even met the CEO on board.

Never have I come across such terrible experienced with Flysafair.

As I made my way to the ticket sales, I was informed that I will have to take the next flight which will be the following morning at 5:55 am, flight number FA200...and pay an extra R400.00...what!!!

This was not my fault and I also had to pay for another night accommodation as well as transport from and to the airport again!!! which costs be R4800.00 one way trip.

I ended up paying R400.00 plus R96000.00 (transport) plus R1, 200.00 accommodation for an extra night.

This is NOT acceptable and I am furious.

I am holding Flysafair responsible for this and I am not leaving this matter as is at this point.

Making an announcement is not suffice to me as they did not bother to contact me on my cellphone as to where I am after checking in already and having my boarding pass with me!!!

I want someone from Flysafair to contact me urgently via email: [protected]@gmail.com or my cellphone number [protected] URGENTLY!!! AS I expect full compensation for the airline mess and causing me a great deal of inconvenienced :( :( :( :(

Alarm bells goes off by the safety procedures of this airline as lucky for me this time around I did not book any bags into cargo!!!What if I checked in any bags!!! I am definitely not leaving this and I will go viral with this. wORST I WAS NOT THE ONLY PASSENGER THAT WERE NOT ON BOARD ON THAT FLIGHT!!!

FAIROEZ DAVIDS