Florida Department Of Revenue / child support payments

Tallahassee, FL, United States Review updated:

I sent in a payment to the Florida Disbursement Unit on May 17, 2016. This was a money gram money order. The money order was cashed by the disbursement unit on May 24, 2016, but it was never applied to my case. When I called on May 27, 2016, I was told that the payment must not have been applied properly, and that I needed to fax a copy of the money order receipt and a letter stating that I was giving my permission for the funds to be applied to my account. I did this on May 31, 2016. I called again on June 3, 2016 because the payment was still not applied, and I was told that the fax I sent was not clear enough to be read, and that I needed to fax it again. This time I sent it and printed out a confirmation showing me exactly what they received and how it would appear on their end so I would have proof that it was clear and legible. Again I waited. On June 10, 2016, I called again because nothing had been applied to my account. This time I was told that I needed to send a copy of my driver's license which I sent on the same day. On June 17, 2016, I called again because still no funds were applied to my account. This time I was told that I needed to send a copy of all three pieces of documentation together at one time. At this point I am becoming frustrated and so I asked to speak to a supervisor, who conveniently was on another line and so I was told that an email would be sent the the supervisor requesting a return call, which by the way, has still never called me back. I faxed all three documents a total of 3 times each so that I could get a confirmation of each document and how it would appear to them when they received it. I called again on June 27, 2016 because there was still nothing applied to my account, and I was told that even though it appeared to me that the documents I sent were clear, they could not be read and that I needed to fax them again. This time, I went to the post office and sent the information certified with return receipt, which was delivered and signed for on July 1, 2016. I called this morning and I was told that even though the information was received in their building, it has not been documented yet, and that the information will go to the investigations department which could take up to 10 days to process the information and apply the funds correctly. How utterly ridiculous and absurd for a person to have to endure this type of gross negligence on behalf of the State! No wonder there are dead beat dads out there! Perhaps they are not deadbeat at all and the Disbursement Unit is employing a thief! I would like to know who I can register a formal complaint to, and if ti would be beneficial to me to seek legal counsel.

Nh
Jul 05, 2016

Comments

• Lo
      Feb 01, 2017

My husband has the same problem; however, his payments have not been applied for over three months. They are sent in directly from his employer and the checks have been cashed - just not applied to his account. They have garnished wages, placed a hold on his checking account and have pulled his license. The information has been provided to them several times and numerous calls have been placed. The same run-around has been provided. How do we get the payments applied to the CORRECT account???