Fix It / Fraud

My wife recently responded to an "as seen on tv" advertisement for the product "Fix It". She went to the asseenontv.com website and ordered Fix It, quite naturally expecting to receive it "as seen on tv". What we received was a tube of polishing compound, a little rag and a cheesy battery operated applicator but no clearcoat bonding agent Pro Pens, "as seen on tv". The Pro Pens are the featured item on the television commercial and with out them the customer is left with what is basically polishing compound which has almost no effect on even minor scratches. I worked a fine scratch for nearly 20 minutes with no visible improvement.
I contacted Rob in customer service at asseenontv.com([protected]) mentioned the partial order without the pens, and was told the partial package without the necessary Pro Pens is how the manufacturer supplied the product and how they advertise it on their website. They offered me the option to return the product, but lose the $9.95 shipping and handling charge. Basically I would then be doubly frustrated, not able to get the correct product "as seen on tv" plus lose $9.95 shipping and handling, the cost of repackaging and reshipping, time, gas, etc. to return said product. This was totally unsatisfactory.

I then contacted the buyfixit.com website and called that customer service. They offered to ship the Pro Pens (which should have been in the original order) for an additional charge of $9.95. This smells of a fraudulent misrepresentation and could have the workings of a class action law suit.
I am only asking for the product ordered "as seen on tv". Please contact the asseenontv.com website and ask them to stop selling this incomplete package which is not "as seen on tv".
Alert all consumers before more fall victim to this bait and switch.

More Fix It Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      22nd of May, 2009

I carry fix it pro pens for 13.99 Free shipping
    www.jerzeeznmore.com or ebay jerzeeznmore

• Je
      22nd of May, 2009

Fix it ro pens work great .www.jerzeeznmore.com

• Mg
      25th of Oct, 2009

i didnt get my product and they took ALL the money off my credit card and it only cost 19.95

• Be
      29th of Dec, 2009

There is a way to get your money. Ask for a supervisor or ELSE threaten with a class action law suit. There ARE enough of us who got scammed out there and they know this because they are reading these negative postings online. I got my money back over the phone. CALL THIS NUMBER 262-796-2018 AND ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR OR YOU WILL SUE THEM. SAY YOU ARE AWARE OF A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT BEING FORMED AND YOU WILL JOIN IT IF THEY DON'T CREDIT YOU THE MONEY. Please get the word out to everyone so other innocent people don't fall victim to this scam.