Fitnessblowout.com / terrible experience

I purchased a treadmill from fitnessblowout with a lifetime warranty on the deck, elevation motor and speed motors. Recently the treadmill stopped abruptly almost causing serious injury.

A repair person was sent out who stated that the walking deck was warped. After 2 months the new deck arrived and I proceeded to use the treadmill. The repairman had not been gone 5 minutes when the treadmill stopped again. I called Fitnessblowout and they told me that the motors were not covered on my warranty even though I have an invoice that says otherwise. In fact they emailed a 'copy' of my original invoice which conveniently had that part of the warranty taken out.

I can not get anyone to take my calls(steve Barzilai or jim rosen included) or return my emails. I have been trying to get this treadmill working for over six months.

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with!!! Do not purchase anything from them.

Le

Comments

Jd
  23rd of Aug, 2009

they suck

Jd
  23rd of Aug, 2009

I went through a similar experience with Fitnessblowout.com. In my situation they never sent the treadmill I ordered and then tried to send me something different than what I had originally ordered. It went on for two months. I canceled the entire order and they still tried to charge me a $540.oo restocking fee. Here's the funny part, I never received it, they never had it to sell so what exactly are they restocking? This company borders on criminal behavior and I strongly encourage consumers to NOT do business with them or you will find yourself taking the time to write complaints such as these on the internet.

763 days ago by Ivy [send email] +1 Votes

I just bought an elliptical from fitnessblowout.com as well. These guys are really tricky! First time seeing the site, everythings knocked down 50%: but only after purchasing did I notice that the SAME models sold elsewhere were retailed at even cheaper than the price they're saying they already knocked down by 50%.

They also rename many items so that you can't compare prices around. I wondered why this "Caridozone Center D" elliptical could only be sold at one place that's not even the manufacturer, until it arrived and saw the machine's name was actually "Ironman CDT". I read an article about companies who do that in order to have the ability to mark up prices without the buyers knowing the true value. Very sneaky.

They claim to have a 110% price protection guarantee, and when I called in having found the same model going for $231 cheaper than I got it for, the sales rep "Arun Dev" gives me attitude and belittles me by saying "So what? You're gonna return this great machine over a couple o' bucks?" when he said all he could do was refund me $120 because otherwise, it'd be "coming out of his own pocket". Arun, you aren't even the owner of the store - you're the salesman. I highly doubt you'd be paying out of your own pocket - and $231 couldn't be a couple o' bucks to you either, considering you're an equipment salesman.

Well, on the first day of using the elliptical, the wheels on the bottom are different sizes, making one side higher than the other and the plug for the AC adapter broke already. Only ONE day of usage, people. I don't recommend this place - you can buy elsewhere for free shipping, no tax, warranties and 110% price protection guarantees where they don't have their little minions jerking you around over the phone and giving you attitude for not sticking with them even though they're asking you to pay $231 more.

618 days ago by Marsha Kovach-deaton [send email] +1 Votes

Ordered a Treadmill online from the above website on Au 15th, 2007. On Sept 4, 2007, we received an Elliptical Trainer instead. The Trainer was picked-up on Sept 20th, 2007, by Old Dominion Freight (who screwed up the paperwork.) However the distributor Keys Fitness, for the above company DID recieve the Ellpitical back. However, Fitness Club Warehouse-FitnessBlowout.com-Super Gyms Fitness Warehouse, has refused to credit our Discover Card for the $1567.00. We own NO equipment from this place, but they have our monies. I call that theft! Be VERY aware of this place!! The have 182 complaint at the LA BBB, who has rated them an "F".

546 days ago by Andrew [send email] +1 Votes

I may be a luckier on. I attempted to place an order, and the guy at fitnessblowout was taking my order. At the end, he tried to charge me a shipping fee of $89. I told him the ads says free shipping. He said free shipping only goes to the airport. I hesitated and was going to back out. He agreed not to charge the extra shipping.

Fortunately, my credit card company did not approve the charge (the company may have been flagged for fraud). I informed my credit card company and charges has not been made yet. But I am still concerned that I have already provided information to this company.

432 days ago by Dutch [send email] +1 Votes

WARNING:

The worst customer service I've ever encountered. Shipped wrong treadmill. I paid for the white glove service and the two guys showed up never having put together a treadmill before. They read the manual which I could have done. There's a pile of black dust under the treadmill and a grinding noise. I've called several times and the company returns no phone calls.

Here are some other names they sell under. There are more but here are some of them:

Fitness Blowout
Super Gym's Warehouse
Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse
Fitness Club Warehouse
Super Gym Rosen
1800Fit4Less.com

Look them up in the Better Business Bureau. Also google their name with "complaints" in the search. I sure wish I had done that before this nightmare started.

287 days ago by Ricky [send email] +1 Votes

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY THEIR CARDIOZONE TREADMILLS! THIS COMPANY HAS AN F RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THEY LIE COMPLETELY ABOUT THE SPECS ON THEIR TREADMILLS!! THEY ARE RUNNING A BUNCH OF CROOKS!

I PURCHASED A CARDIOZONE SUPERSPORT TREADMILL THAT WAS ADVERTISED TO HAVE A HUGE 4.0 HP MOTOR BUILT WITH A MASSIVE STEEL FRAME. THE SALESMAN STEVE BARZILAI TOLD ME THE TREADMILL WAS BETTER THAN THE LIFE FITNESS TREADMILL I HAD ORIGINALLY CALLED ABOUT.

WHEN I GOT THE THING, IT WAS A COMPLETE HUNK OF GARBAGE THAT I PAID $2600 FOR! THE TREADMILL WASN'T MADE OF STEEL, IT WAS MADE OF ALUMINUM!! FURTHERMORE, THE MOTOR WENT OUT AFTER TWO WEEKS AND I HAD TO HAVE A TECH COME IN MY HOME AND CHANGE IT. GUESS WHAT, THE TECH SAID THAT THE MOTOR WAS A 1.0 MOTOR, NOT A 4.0 MOTOR LIKE ADVERTISED!! IT APPEARED SOMEONE HAD PUT A 4.0 STICKER ON THE MOTOR INTENTIONALLY!! THAT IS FRAUD!!

WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAIN I GOT SOME RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NAME AUGGIE THAT SAID HE WOULD LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND CALL ME BACK. AFTER TRYING FOR SEVERAL WEEKS TO REACH MY ORIGINAL SALES REP STEVE OR A MANAGER I JUST GAVE UP@

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE GETTING RIPPED OFF!! THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH ANY COMPANY

182 days ago by D*R +1 Votes

FEBRUARY 2009: THEY DO NOT HAVE 45 DAY MONEY BACK GUARATEE ONLY EXCHANGES ! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS FOR MY EQUIPMENT TO BE SERVICED ON A "LIFETIME GUARANTEE". THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY SALES REPS, BUT THE MACHINE WILL MAKE YOU THINK THEY WILL ANSWER YOUR PHONE CALL.

174 days ago by rowingmaam +1 Votes

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF A BIKE I FOUND ON AMAZON FOR CHEAPER WHEN I CALLED BACK FOR THE PRICE MATCH, THEY SAID IT WASN'T THE SAME BIKE. ONLY IT WAS, THEY APPRARENTLY CHANGE THE NAME OF THEIR PRODUCTS SO YOU CAN'T GOOGLE THEM AND FIND THE REAL PRODUCT CHEAPER SOMEWHRE ELSE, COMPLETE SCAM!!

132 days ago by Sad And Worried 0 Votes

Well… I have waited over 45 "business days" for my elliptical to arrive and still no machine. I called them before I went on vacation last week to let FitnessBlowout.com know that I still haven't received the EFX-556 Precor I spent $2700.00 for. I am worried that they may be trying to scam me. They haven't even tried to contact my 2 phone numbers or email (that's 3 options) since I contacted Kevin in the customer service department over a week ago.
I would strongly suggest not purchasing anything from this company. The customer service is horrible when it comes to follow-through. You would think that if you spent $2999.00 (I bought a floor mat to go with my nonexistent machine) with a company they would give you the time of day at the very least.
Another thing, the sales person lied to me as well as someone from there company named Sandy told me the elliptical would be arriving “next week” 2 months ago. After 3 voice mails on Sandy’s voice mail box I just gave up. You may find that FitnessBlowout.com is always busy, too busy to understand what they are even doing it seems.

Classic example of Buyer Beware!

On a positive note, FitnessBlowout.com / Super Gym's Warehouse is only 5 minutes from the L.A. County small claims court. You can go after them for up to $7500 which should cover all the expenses incurred with setting up the meeting. I'm going to be asking for all travel expenses and full refund and I'll be bringing the mat back to them. I hope it doesn't come to this.

Sincerely,
Still Waiting and Concerned

124 days ago by Matt M +1 Votes

I bought a CG3 Elliptical trainer at Fitness Warehouse/Fitness Blowout and in six months all the electronics just stopped. I called the # on the back of the Keys Fitness manual and got a company in Texas called Treadmill Doctor. Sean at Treadmill Doctor told me to Google "Fitness Blowout Scam." I was totally freaked because some of the details of the complaints I found were similar to my experience, i.e., it was hard getting delivery after I paid, they weren't super responsive to emails, etc. Me and the Mrs went back to Fitness Blowout and demanded our money back. We spoke to Steve Barzilai and we meant business!!! He sent out Pete(?) who replaced the AC adaptor and it started right up, no fuss.

Here's my general take on all this based on what Steve said, what I've personally seen, and what I can get from these message boards, [redacted], etc. Fitness Blowout is probably pretty schlocky and I suspect they've got a lot of turnover in sales personnel. I've done some commission sales before, I know the drill. But schlocky doesn't mean they're thieves. They apparently used to buy from Keys Fitness who I learned is bankrupt. To my surprise, Keys was never the manufacturer, but another distributor who Fitness Blowout bought from. Now FB is going directly to the manufacturer (Taiwan), and according to Steve, is exclusive for this line. I bought a CG3 because I don't want to spend 6k for Life Fitness, but I don't want junk either. I like the way the CG3 feels, the action, the build. The programs are decent, but could be a lot better.

All and all however, I feel like I got a fair shake with them. Big fitness gear is like cars, pianos, boats--it's draw versus commission and buyers are probably smart to kick the tires a lot before signing. Remember this is commissioned sales, so there's some latitude in price. Make sure someone will be there to fix things and go over the details a lot. Once you buy, I wouldn't entertain any illusions about a full refund, so be certain. There are a lot of complaints about FB, but if you look around, there are a lot of complaints about all this stuff...all the big sporting gear retailers, Dick's, Sports Authority, etc. So I wouldn't say FB is necessarily any different. We've belonged to gyms and even Life Fitness breaks down a lot, so I'm not convinced buying something good means you don't have repair issues.

So I'm giving Steve Barzilai a thumbs up, Fitness Blowout a thumbs sideways. The BBB rates them a B- and I think that's in the ballpark. If my opinion changes you will hear from me!!!

106 days ago by Zowie 0 Votes

I ordered a CardioZone Center Drive IMF Super V Compact “Total Body” Elliptical from the Fitness Blowout/Fitness Club Warehouse’s site, but received an IronMan Adventure instead. I thought it was mistake contact Fitness Blowout the very same day. It was a mistake I was sent an IronMan Adventure on purpose. In other words Fitness Blowout pulled a bait and switch scam they advertise the CardioZone but switched it with IronMan Adventure.

The IronMan adventure is rate poorly and cost half the price of the CardioZone. I requested that they take the machine back and clear my account since I received 100% financing with them. They refused saying the two machines are manufactured by the same company. Which doesn't make a difference I did not order an IronMan and Fitness blowout broke our sales agreement by not sending me what I order after several emails.

I learned the financing was really through TD Bank. I filed a dispute with TD Bank regarding the fraudulent charges but TD Bank pushed my dispute aside and continued to send me bills for a machine I never received.

I filed a compliment with the Better Business Bureau but that did not go anywhere they just continued to argue with me about the machines being manufactured at the same plant. Their B- is misleading I fell for it. The BBB in LA only keeps complaints for 36 months and responding to complaints helps them to keep their score high.

The company has had 242 complaints in 36 months. So lets say fitness blowout averages 80 complaints a year. They've been with the BBB for 15 years so that would be 1200 over 15 years. It is said that only 1 in 7 people will file a formal compliant so that would result in about 8400 dissatisifed customers.

94 days ago by loso 0 Votes

I was in the market for a Life Fitness 9500 HR Treadmill and got a quote from Fitness Blowout.

This company sucks...THEY ADVERTISE A FAKE 'LIFETIME WARRANTY', go in and read the "Policies' page which is 7 pages long!! It basically says that the warranty only covers the 'Frame and Welds. The real warranty on their remanufactured equipment is only 90 days parts and labor!!

FALSE ADVERTISING AND DECEPTIVE!! STAY AWAY!!

13 hrs 36 mins ago by Marcus 1234 0 Votes

This is the most dishonest company you will EVER deal with. All the specs on the CardioZone treadmills are lies. Buy one and measure the belt then test the motor...you will see. Or you can go to www.bladezfitness.com and see the same treadmill at a cheaper price. All the Cardiozone treadmills are made by Bladez. Fitnessblowout.com just LIES about the specs. After all read all the negative reviews!

9 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

CZ treadmill motor specs are fake and they say 1.5 hp motors are 3.0 hp motors. If you have purchased 1 before and think this is nt the truth then have it isnpected and its guaranteed you were ripped off.

8 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

6 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

Google the name of Jim Rosen who is the company owner

6 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

check BBB complaints

1 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

It is simple. THEY FALSE ADVERTISE AND LIE. PERIOD. CALL SOMEONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A CARDIOZONE AND HAVE THEM TAKE IT TO A LOCAL MECHANIC OR TREADMILL TECHNICIAN FOR ANALYSIS. THEY LIE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE CARDIOZONE MOTOR SPECS.

1 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

0 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

The company has had 242 bbb complaints in 36 months.