Fitnessblowout / falsh advertising

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-348-4537

Do not buy from this company, especially their cardiozone treadmills! This company has an f rating with the better business bureau and they lie completely about the specs on their treadmills!! They are running a bunch of crooks!

I purchased a cardiozone supersport treadmill that was advertised to have a huge 4.0 hp motor built with a massive steel frame. The salesman steve barzilai told me the treadmill was better than the life fitness treadmill I had originally called about.

When I got the thing, it was a complete hunk of garbage that I paid $2600 for! The treadmill wasn't made of steel, it was made of aluminum!! Furthermore, the motor went out after two weeks and I had to have a tech come in my home and change it. Guess what, the tech said that the motor was a 1.0 motor, not a 4.0 motor like advertised!! It appeared someone had put a 4.0 sticker on the motor intentionally!! That is fraud!!

When I called to complain I got some rude customer service rep name auggie that said he would look into the matter and call me back. After trying for several weeks to reach my original sales rep steve or a manager I just gave up@

Do not purchase anything from this company or you will be getting ripped off!! This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with any company!
Pe

Comments

Er
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I totally agree. The company is a complete sham. I ordered a piece of equipment that I was told would break down to fit into a specific area. When it arrived, I quickly realized that the stem and frame was welded and could not be broken down at all. There customer service is on of the worst I have ever encountered. Practically non existent. Be very careful when ordering from this company.
Ro
  1st of Mar, 2009
I agree as well, they offer a 45 money back trial, but they don't tell you its less shipping, scammers.
Dr
  12th of Mar, 2009
Here's a new one - I paid in full for a product and they still reported me to a collection agency and I cannot get them to call of the pond ### who call me every day.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE ###.
Ma
  20th of Apr, 2009
I bought a CG3 Elliptical trainer at Fitness Warehouse/Fitness Blowout and in six months all the electronics just stopped. I called the # on the back of the Keys Fitness manual and got a company in Texas called Treadmill Doctor. Sean at Treadmill Doctor told me to Google "Fitness Blowout Scam." I was totally freaked because some of the details of the complaints I found were similar to my experience, i.e., it was hard getting delivery after I paid, they weren't super responsive to emails, etc. Me and the Mrs went back to Fitness Blowout and demanded our money back. We spoke to Steve Barzilai and we meant business!!! He sent out Pete(?) who replaced the AC adaptor and it started right up, no fuss.

Here's my general take on all this based on what Steve said, what I've personally seen, and what I can get from these message boards, [redacted], etc. Fitness Blowout is probably pretty schlocky and I suspect they've got a lot of turnover in sales personnel. I've done some commission sales before, I know the drill. But schlocky doesn't mean they're thieves. They apparently used to buy from Keys Fitness who I learned is bankrupt. To my surprise, Keys was never the manufacturer, but another distributor who Fitness Blowout bought from. Now FB is going directly to the manufacturer (Taiwan), and according to Steve, is exclusive for this line. I bought a CG3 because I don't want to spend 6k for Life Fitness, but I don't want junk either. I like the way the CG3 feels, the action, the build. The programs are decent, but could be a lot better.

All and all however, I feel like I got a fair shake with them. Big fitness gear is like cars, pianos, boats--it's draw versus commission and buyers are probably smart to kick the tires a lot before signing. Remember this is commissioned sales, so there's some latitude in price. Make sure someone will be there to fix things and go over the details a lot. Once you buy, I wouldn't entertain any illusions about a full refund, so be certain. There are a lot of complaints about FB, but if you look around, there are a lot of complaints about all this stuff...all the big sporting gear retailers, Dick's, Sports Authority, etc. So I wouldn't say FB is necessarily any different. We've belonged to gyms and even Life Fitness breaks down a lot, so I'm not convinced buying something good means you don't have repair issues.

So I'm giving Steve Barzilai a thumbs up, Fitness Blowout a thumbs sideways. The BBB rates them a B- and I think that's in the ballpark. If my opinion changes you will hear from me!!!
Ga
  16th of Mar, 2010
Steve Barzili does not return calls emails often But when he does its with further lies, deception and rounds of delay.
DON"T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!
Gl
  31st of Jul, 2010

fitnessblowout - Never order fitness equipment thru internet
FitnessBlowout

First of all their shipping was free to the doorstep. Had to tear apart huge package to get it inside building. Bottom part of machine was in one piece weighing about 300 lbs. Machine started to make loud thunking noise after very little use. I can see why they guarantee low price on Ironman eqipment, it's junk. Their warranty promise is garbage too. Anyone thinking of buying fitness equipment should avoid FitnessBlowout. Buy local! It will save you wasting your money!
Re
  25th of Jan, 2011
We have had the same experiences as mentioned above! My wife has called them and emailed them non stop the last two months and the people screening the call for the worthless human Steve Barzilai is just as guilty as anyone...Not one single response in two months! Steve Barzilai is by far one of the biggest chicken sh!ts to ever walk the face of the earth. Do yourself a big favor and stay away from this Fitness blowout company.. Huge Scam.

Fitness Blowout Logo Fitness Blowout