Fitness USAcancellation of lifetime membership

1 Review updated:

My mother has been a member of Fitness USA since 1991 and I have been since 2001. Both were Lifetime Memberships. Recently, several local locations have closed. We went today to another location nearby, and it was boarded up. A notice on the door read that memberships had been transferred to Powerhouse Gym. We went to Powerhouse, and it turns out, Lifetime Memberships were not purchased. In essence, both Lifetime Memberships are gone! We received no written notice or warning of the cancellation. Month-to-month memberships were purchased, but not Lifetime Memberships. Absolutely ridiculous! Absolutely unprofessional and a waste of our money.

Te
Dec 31, 2014

Comments

Feb 04, 2015

Agree with everyone on this issue - I'm filing a formal complaint with the Attorney General of Michigan! Actually doubt any of us will get any satisfaction from any of this - it's all about the money and screw the consumer!

• Wo
      Feb 11, 2015

I suggest filing a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General. Fitness USA did not go through bankruptcy and should not be allowed to liquidate without some compensation to their Lifetime Members. I have done this and if enough persons do so, it may generate a settlement.