Fit Factory / fraud!

MO, United States Review updated:
4.65
I tried the "free" trial also for just the 3, 95. and then i see that not even three days later i was charged for the 29.95 from fit factory(whom i have NEVER heard of). when i called the number [protected] number it is no longer in service. i have called my bank and told them that i have no clue what they are and i am 100% certain that i didnt sign up for it. and then to top it off not even 5 days after i get my free trial i was charged 89.31 for my "plan" that i agreed too. What else should i do?
Ke

Comments

Au
  11th of Nov, 2008
Go to pricelimbo.com, sign in with your email address, and your password should be your zipcode, go to account, then somehting like my account info or what have you, then click cancel account, you'll get an email in your spam and you actually have to click the link in the email to actually cancel the account. Call fit factory to cancel there (i think it's fitfactory.com) and also the acai berry one or whatever free trial it was you got (if it's acai i also have th enumber if you need it) and cancel with them, they'll try to give you two more free bottles if you don't cancel
  13th of Nov, 2008
I had the same problem. First call and cancel the Acai Berry trial - 801-528-1391. Next call Fit Factory and request that your account be canceled and all charges reversed. They will tell you that it was an online subscription, etc. Just tell them that this information was not made known to you and you had no way of knowing this. I didn't have any trouble canceling the account and getting my money back. The number for Fit Factory is 866-407-1022 M-F, 9am-9pm, EST. Good luck!
Ch
  14th of Nov, 2008
My husband also was wrongfully charged by these companies
1. extreme acai berry
2. fit factor
3. price limbo
they say that they are all affiliate companies but i'm certain that they are all the same company.
this is what i did to correct the situation
1. called acai berry and had them cancel any further charges (they said that they would not refund my $3.95 though).
2. had acai berry send my husband an email link to cancel his price limbo acct. before we were charged for that also.
3. called fit factor and had them reverse my charges of $29.95 (i figured out how they were pulling the scam by saying that all this was supposedly in the terms & cond.
I did the same exact things as my husband did i went to www.extremeacaiberry.com i entered my mailing info and was sent to the payment page and i read the terms. those terms stated only about being charged for the acai berry if you didnt cancel by a certain amount of days. it did not say anything about the fit factor or price limbo.
I was on the phone with acaiberry and asked them to tell me where i could see that and they told me to go to www.extremeacaiberry.com/3356 so i did and this site had a totally DIFFERENT set of terms and conditions which stated about the fit factor and price limbo.
my guess is that when people call to complain and they say that it was in your terms and you disagree they send you to this other site so that you think you just didnt see it and that you will drop it.
4. then i called acai berry again to ask for my ups tracking number since they assured me that my order was sent out. surprise they did not have a tracking number as of yet from ups (which anyone of us who has ever mailed anything ups knows that you receive your tracking number right away) they said i can call back in 24-48 hours and get my number, i asked the lady that if when i called back if they didnt have my tracking number will they refund my $3.95 she said NO.
5. my husband is making a claim at the bank for those two charges the $3.95 & $29.95 to get the money back. I have to be vigilant by checking my acct. to make sure they dont try to charge anything else.
6. I hope all of you will fill out a complaint with your BBB and the florida BBB as well as your states attorney general.
I'm sure that i will not ever get the shippment
oh yeah acai berry gave me fake #'s to ups
please warn people
good luck
  15th of Nov, 2008
I posted a few days ago about the same situation. I actually received my $29.95 refund for Fit Factory (since it had been over two weeks and I still had not received my free trial). I then noticed a $2.68 Foreign Transaction Fee on my account, which I went to my bank about. I was issued a new debit card and was told that the $2.68 was charged because the transaction was from out of the country for the $89.31 (month supply of pills). I got the pills yesterday and the return address was from Florida! So, I am disputing that. I then went to the website I ordered the free trial from and printed the terms and cond. I called the company back. The two other times I called they argued with me about what I ordered and what was in the terms. When I said I had the terms in front of me and there was nothing in there about Price Limbo and the actual price quoted was $44.00, not $89. The person immediately said to send the pills back, call them with a transaction #, and I would get a refund. I am also supposed to be getting a Price Limbo refund. I sent the pills back, and got delivery confirmation so they cannot tell me they never received them! My bank also told me they would dispute these charges for me. SO, hopefully, this nightmare will be over soon! Make sure you cancel your card. My guess is they will continue taking money out for "something". I had 4 transactions come out that I never authorized.
  15th of Nov, 2008
THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME AND I AM FURIOUS!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER ODER ANYTHING ON LINE. I TO ORDERED THE ACAI BERRY FREE TRIAL FOR $3.95 THE MONEY WAS TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT AND YET NO PILLS. THEN ABOUT THREE DAYS LATER I HAD A TRANSACTION ON MY ACCOUNT FOR $29.95 I CALLED MY BANK CANCELED OUT MY CARD AND AM DISPUTING THE CLAIM. I HAVE ALSO TRIED CALLING THIS (FIT FACTORY) AND LIKE EVERYONE ELSES CLAIMS IT IS THE WRONG NUMBER. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED! THIS ACAI BERRY THING IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE AWARE OF IT.
  16th of Nov, 2008
I got this number off of my bank statement (since there was not aworking one on the site!),
1-888-771-7029. I have gotten through to talk to them all 3 times. Good luck
  17th of Nov, 2008
WELL I GOT THRU TO THE NUMBER THAT WAS PROVIDED TO ME THNX TO C.SAMPSON!!! I CALLED THE ACIA BERRY CO. AND BASICALLY GAVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND THEY ASKED ME IF I READ THE DISCLOSURES AND THAT FIT FACTORY WAS AFFILIATED WITH THEM AND THAT IT WAS A CONTRACT THAT I HAD "AGREED TO." I TOLD THEM I READ THE WHOLE INTRODUCTORY OF THIS ACAI BERRY AND THAT NO WHERE IN THE WHOLE OUT LINE DID IT SAY "CONTRACT" "FIT FACTORY" OR ADDITIONAL CHARGES OF 29.95 THEN THEY SAID THE MONEY WAS GOING TO BE PUT BACK IN TO MY ACCOUNT. THE REPRESENTATIVE ALSO GAVE ME SOME NUMBER OF CONFIRMATION AND THEY ALSO INFORMED ME THAT I SHOULD CONTACT MY BANK TO LET THEM KNOW MY $29.95 WAS GOING TO BE PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT. I THEN CALLED MY BANK AND THEY TOLD ME THE ACAI BERRY CO WAS JUST GOING TO GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND TO CONTINUE IN DISPUTING THE CLAIM. WHICH I INTEND TO DO SINCE THE ACAI BERRY CO IS THE ONES WHO ARE AT FAULT.!! SO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS I WILL POST ANOTHER STATEMENT WITH THE RESULTS. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO HAS GOTTEN BURNED BY THIS COMPANY AND ALL ITS AFFILIATERS
  17th of Nov, 2008
I am so glad you got through, Jessica! My advice to anyone being scammed, go to your bank first, cancel the card, then call the company and DEMAND your money back! I was not rude but didn't give in until they gave me a confirmation #. I did get my $29.95 back but am waiting on the $89.31 and $8.51 from Price Limbo. I am also going to my bank tomorrow and continue the dispute!
Bf
  18th of Nov, 2008
I am also embarrassed to say I was scammed. I had even printed out the paperwork and reviewed it to make sure nothing else was involved in the "free Trial". I did not do a good job at reading. It is in small print at the bottom of the page that you agree to Pricelimbo and Fit Factory. I had only read the top part of the small print on how to cancel if I wanted to. I spent 30 minutes on hold last night to get the Acai Berry and Price limbo canceled and my goal for today is to get the Fit Factory canceled and my refund of $29.95. It was a valuable lesson that nothing in life is for free and corporate America is as bad as everyone thinks!
Pa
  18th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened here.
Just listen to the others on how Fit Factory charges and hopes to cut and run.
Back to back charges trying to run my bank account out before I caught it.
Report "Fit Factory" to your bank Pronto!
An
  18th of Nov, 2008
Thanks everyone for posting! Without the posts, I don't think I would've acted as quickly.

I feel for everyone here! I ordered last Thursday and felt something was wrong since I didn't receive an e-mail confirmation for my free product. I did however receive an e-mail for fitfactory saying that thanks for joining, which I didn't even know I had. Friday morning I went through the hell of calling & live chat for more than 3 hours to get everything canceled. You know it's a bad sign when their hold music is speed metal! I was able to cancel but seeing all of the reviews I decided the best thing was to block my card and get a new one issued. I reported it as fraud to my cc company and they sent the two charges for shipping to the fraud dept and said I wouldn't have to pay. In fact, they called that my husband that morning and gave a fraud alert warning so I think the credit card companies are catching on to this scam! When I was mentioning all of the affiliates to my credit card company to make certain I didn't get any more charges (GCI/Crush LLC., fit factory, total cleanse, acai slim, hoodiastar, dri.net, cleanse v, and pricelimbo), they knew right off that pricelimbo was a fraudulent company! I found all of these affiliates off of other posts and was determined to stop them from charging me!

I did however receive my acai berry yesterday and promptly put "Return to Sender" and dumped in back in USPS. Who knows whether it really is what they say it is. With their reputation, you can't even give them a chance to be honest! Also, the blog that I found that I ordered from, is nearly identical to another girls with a different name and has same paragraphs about weight loss. Which just adds to the "I've just been duped" feeling! Good luck!
Ki
  18th of Nov, 2008
I have been scammed too! I ordered this product on October 19th and I recieved it on November 15th!! 14 day trial my ###... i didn't even get to try it and all these charges popped up on my credit card. Ridiculous!! I'm so disturbed. I followed everything with canceling the price limbo and i got my charges reversed with fit factory and a reversed charge because this is horrible... right now as i type i am on hold for acai berry for the second time. I actually got in touch with someone the first time but then he disconnected. He probably hung up on purpose!! I really cant believe this ###!!
Bf
  19th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
report this to the florida better business bureau. You can do it on line and it takes about 5 minutes. If enough of us take the time, it may help others from having the same problem.

19th of Nov, 2008
I was reading other complaints and there is another company called THE Fit Factory. It has nothing to do with what we are going through. They are also based in Florida. I am not sure what company to put in to complain as nothing came up for Fit Factory, Healthier for me (which is where I got my acai berry from) or Price Limbo in Florida. If anyone has a name of a company that actually comes up, let me know and I will gladly file a complaint! This is ridiculous how many people they are scamming! Something needs to be done!
Sk
  22nd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too feel like I have been scammed. I never read the terms, just check the accept button. I am through ordering on-line. It is sad that people have nothing to do but throw scams & viruses at innocent people. I wish our country could throw them all in jail & throw away the key. Anyway, I did not read the terms of the acai berry offer. I X'd out of the offer for $3.95 & they said they would let me have it for a $1.00. Like a dummy I took the bait & gave them my debit card number. I did receive the $1.00 charge, then a $29.95 & $89.31 charge. I thought someone had gotten my debit card number & was charging things. I read some of the comments here & found all the charges are orginating from the $1.00 acai berry offer I took. I have to say that I did receive my trial bottle of acai berry where some of you are saying that you didn't even receive your trial bottle. I am now in the process of trying to get my $29.95 & $89.31 back & being done with ordering on-line. Thanks to all of you that have posted comments because I think your comments will help all of us to get our money back & hopefully shut these people down. People like this not only hurt the innocent victims but also hurt the honest business people that sell on-line. Thanks again.
  25th of Nov, 2008
WELL AS PROMISED I AM BACK TO ANNOUNCE THAT TO MY AMAZEMENT FIT FACTORY HAS CREDITED BACK TO ME THE 29.95 LIKE C.SAMPSON'S ADVICE IF YOU GET SCAMMED GO FIRST TO YOUR BANK AND CANCEL OUT YOUR CARD, FILE A DISPUTE AND THEN CALL THE NUMBER ME AND C.SAMPSON CALLED 1888-771-7029 GOOD LUCK!!!
  26th of Nov, 2008
I just received my Price Limbo refund today! I did call (the number above) Monday, for the 4th time since this whole thing began. I had been told that I would get a refund a week and a half earlier. Monday, they told me I should receive my refund in 3-5 days. Surprise, surprise, it only took 2! The $89. refund for the pills is to take 10-14 days. We will see. They verified they got the pills back (which I paid .70 to have delivery confirmation so they couldn't say they didn't receive them!) I was on hold for 20 minutes but, to me, it was worth it to be persistent in getting my money back! Document everything so they can't back out of what they say!
Sk
  30th of Nov, 2008
11-30-08, 3:00 P.M. Central Time. I just got off an e-mail talk with tiffany.diet coach with Fit-Factory.com She said to call 1-866-407-1022 for my concerns. She also told me thier business address was located at 2620 South Maryland Parkway, #969, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109. I doubt that this is their address, but I am going to try & check it out! It's sad that right now I am not concerned about the $120.00 I have lost to this scam, but to stop them from scamming anyone else! If I could put someone behind bars, it would be worth my $120.00 loss. If you have any info let me know. We need to keep the comments going so that we can shut these people down! Thanks.
St
  2nd of Dec, 2008
i wish i had looked up this company before i decided to try there free trial. then again they don't tell you that FIT FACTORY is going to charge you anything. I decided to try the acaiberry product so i did the 3.95 trial period( which i never recieved). about a month later i was reviewing my bank statments and realized i was charged 2.98, 89.31 and 29.95 i called and got the 29.95 refunded thanks to this website and i'm now in the process of trying to get refunded on the remaining money. Call your bank CANCEL your card and let your bank know that you didn't purchase anything and that you didn't get your product.
Da
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I tried the same offer, and I CANNOT get through on any of the 4 #'s I have. 877-350-8480(this # I got placing the order), 877-859-1116(this # I got from my bank after the $3.95 was taken out of my accnt.), 888-771-7029 (this # I got after the $89.31 was taken out of my account) or 801-208-7485(got this # reading the privacy policy off of www.extremeacaiberry.com ). All #'s have the same dubious "we are experiencing an unusaually high volume of calls" message, before I am automatically hung up on. It seems to me like they must use different #'s each week to throw off people. I've read that some of you have gotten through, I've called each # 20 times and I get that same message, b4 it hangs up. If anyone has a good # that is answered by someone live, or is able to get through, PLEASE POST IT.