First Choice Power / They take your money

1 Corpus Christi, TX, United States

We have been with FCP since 2008. At first our bills were ok when we were living in a small apartment, but once we moved into a house our bills became ridiculous. For the last 3 or 4 months are bills have been over $400. Then I realized that they were charging us for 2 months of service at a time. When I called and spoke to someone they said that they only bill when the techicians go out and read the meter and that is when they bill. So they were expecting me to pay 2 months of service in 1 months' time. Then after that happened 3 times in a row. I called again and the customer service rep had told me that the they were just estimating on the usage, because no one had gone out to read our meter, so basically they were charging me what they wanted, which I knew wasn't right because there was no way we were using more than $400 of electricity every month. We are gone all day and are are only home in the evening but still at we dont' use much light. I finally got tired of dealing with them and told them I was going to call the Texas Public Utilities Commisson and then they stated that they would send someone out to check our meter. I was angry and stated that they had just told me that someone was going out there and checking it and now they are saying no one has checked it. I still filed a complaint and finally switched to Champion Energy. THey are great.