Fiat India - Fiat Palio / Irresponsibility and carelessness

My car met with an accident in Delhi in which the bumpers of my car were damaged. From the past 22 days the car has been in the service centre and the bumpers have not been changed yet. This company fiat is such a dump that i would suggest the company to place a separate ad in the newspaper and write a caution beneath it.

"buy on your own risk" company is a total failure

A  25th of Mar, 2008 by
This company Fiat doesn't hav there spare parts in market.Since the day i bought this car(Palio), i am really dipressed .The company shoul stop selling this car in india and i even suggest my friends not to buy any fiat car.
A  10th of Jul, 2008 by
dear sir
i am having a car that is well known in india i mean to say FIAT PALIO a bull ### car, i am really sorry to say these words but i a have to. sir my problem is this that here in agra (india) the service centre for fiat is good for nothing, neither they do the service properly nor they have the proper parts, last time when i gave the car for service they charged me 5500/= (five thousand five hundered) but the service was not upto the mark. and know again my car needs service but i am unable to decide where i should give my car for service PLZ HELP ME OUT.
D  18th of Jul, 2008 by
I am a die hard fan of Fiat Palio 1.6 sport which i have since 2006, and its one hell of a car, i love the car for its sheer driving pleasure, build quality, looks, ride and handling and its ferrari yellow color, no other car can match Palio in its segment . I do understand and comprehend the fact about the non avalability of spare parts and the negligent attitude of the dealership, however one cannot blame the company directly for that and one should not be biased towards the company based on personal opinion .

I am from Pune and the personnel at the Jay Vijay dealership who sold it to me are prompt and friendly in nature and i do not have any issues with them . Also I am eagerly waiting for New Models of Fiat which are about to be launched in market in near future .

FAF ( Fan of FIAT )
A  27th of Jul, 2008 by
yes he is right even i am afcing the same problem. I am having palio 1.9 d elx and nobody in anand(gujarat) is able to get the fault.
D  27th of Aug, 2008 by
Respected Sir,
on Nov 7th 2007 I bought one Fiat Palio stile sle petrol. I bought that as it is marketed by TATAS and serviced by them. But after 9 months I feel that I have committed a blunder as FIAT is getting step motherly treatment from person on sales desk to any one in organization the spare parts are not kept one part indented in Dec 2007 is still awaited.
The problem of the car is not rectified in one shot the car was called three times only a problem like leakage of coolant one visit to workshop cost me 300 rs and 2 to 3 hours and car is some time kept for more then a day .on 22nd August I gave car with a complaint of low fulminate this car gives 7 to 8 km to a liter, while in advertisement it is 15 KMPL .The car was given on 22nd of August and I visited workshop today taken trial and at that time it was told that the car is having some clutch problem, I left the car .Sir I am one of your admirer from last many years driving car from 1964 and driving license from 1972 .I am 54 years old and my heard earn money is spent on this car this is my last car of life . That’s why I am writing to you as head of the group you will take some appropriate action in this regard.
Thanking you
with lot of respect
N  25th of Sep, 2008 by
Hello If anybody from Fiat out there. I really pissed off with the service which tata provide in South Goa, Please train them teach them what is difference beetween Truck and Cars they hardly can attend any Complain about the car, They are bunch of ###s who are not trained.Please do something before you ruined your sales in Goa, There should be a Representative from Fiat to Every sales and Service Area.
I think Tata is Jealous of the sales of Fiat! OR upset they could not Grab Land from Poor Farmers.
Tell TATA how can they Conquer the Automobile industry in the World If they cannot manage in Indian market.
Yes they can do But only in Trucks ...not Cars.
N  17th of Oct, 2008 by
N  8th of Nov, 2008 by
i own car from nov 2002 petrol car the problem with me is the mileage i get around 9-10 kmpl in city what can i do to improve it kindly reply
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
I own Fiat Palio for the past three years. Recently I come across a problem. Fuel injector symbol is coming often and the engine is misfiring, acceleration is poor. I went to TAFE who is the service agency of Fiat. They cleaned the fuel injectors, chnged spark plugs, ignition cable set etc. After this servicing, within a couple of days again the same alarm is coming. Is this alarm comes due to engine fault or Electronic card malfuction or sensor fault? Service agency suggest to open the head and check valve seating and probably re amchine- I have really do nit know what to do with this problem. Can anyone advise me please the reason for this problem and how to solve this

M, Sethu
N  15th of Apr, 2009 by
I bought one Fiat Palio Stile SDX model in sept2008 and this was my biggest mistake of my life. Can u believe that Hind Motors Chandigarh an authorised service provider of Fiat Palio does not have Diesel filter in thier stock. I went to the Hind Motors Chandigarh yesterday to get my car serviced third time and the service advisor gave me an estimate of Rs 2800/- for the same. After that i got a call from Hind Motors that ur is car ready and u can teke ur car. I went there and i was surprised to see the bill of my car. It was only for Rs.1420/-. When i asked about the same they simply told me that we dont have the Diesel filter in our stock and we have changed the engine oil only. We will call u soon once we get the filter in our stock.

I would like to ask TATA and Fiat that if u cannot keep the stock for the most common part of the car in ur stock why u r selling ur product in the market. And if u dont hv the stock why u r attending the sevice calls of ur car.

I would also like to tell all my friend who are reading my complaint that pls dont go for FIAT products ever. Even i all of my friends suggested me to not to buy this car but still i dont know why i did this mistake.

Jasvinder Singh
E-mail id - jasvin2@hotmail.com
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Hi All

I am a die hard fan of Fiat Palio 1.2. I think I am crazy about this car. No other car attracts me like Palio does. But I am shocked of the complaints u guys have made. I am from Mumbai. Would the parts problem be there in Mumbai also. Guys please help me. I am looking for a second hand car cause I dont think I will get any good car for 1 Lakh Rs. Please help me guys. My email add is minhajbaig@gmail.com. U can scrap me on Orkut also.
N  11th of Jun, 2009 by
Hi All,

Please write to Ricky.WALTER@fiat.com, hope this person who manages the Fiat India business knows what the customer actually feel about the Brand that is so very admired in Italy.

Finding Fiat spares parts is such a challenge, dont know why Fait is still selling cars in india inspite of knowing that they suck in supporting & servicing what they sell.

N  26th of Jun, 2009 by
I have just bought second hand 2002 palio elx only 38000 kms run a week ago. Everything was going great till i discovered black smoke out of silencer today. I am worried now. Pls help me with the cause of problem. I was told by dealer that they have serviced the car before delivery.
A  27th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
if any one in delhi or any were eles is in problem with fiat car parts then i can give them a support that all kind of fiat car parts are available with me so if any one is in need of any part can feel free to call me
PHONE: 09891819294
N  2nd of Sep, 2009 by
I have bought FIAT's newly launched Grand Punto from HIND MOTORS, CHANDIGARH. I am happy to tell that car is great in performace, but after driving just 1300 Kms in 15 days one of tyre of the car bursted while in parking condition. I am trying to get in touch with Fiat personnels but was unable.

Now I am sorry to say that FIAT once again seems to fail in after sales service and this will surely put FIAT out of the market.

If any body could help me to get the tyre replaced I would be greatfull to him.
N  13th of Dec, 2009 by
what is the price of fuel injecter palio 1.2 petro
N  23rd of Jan, 2010 by
GOD, In INDIA the biggest mistake is to be a FAN of FIAT.. I love FIAT CARS but in India... :-(( hard luck

Indians should understand that Fiat cars are the only one which can long last in Indian road conditions AND /BUT FIAT INDIA should understand that INDIA has a biggest market but Due to These F***ers (TATA); bad service, fiat is losing there customers...

TATA is doing nothing but spoiling the market of FIAT and making there own profits from FIAT Technology...
A  7th of Mar, 2010 by
I am facing problem that my palio 1.9 D will start in first try and it will go off immediately within 1-3 seconds and then it will take much longer ignitions almost 8-9 times and then it will start.. or sometimes it wont start at all.. any suggestions plz
N  22nd of Mar, 2010 by
I bought a used fiat palio NV ElPS, 2004 model and i am very much happy with it. And its because of the usual complaint the car has which made me to get this superp car at a thrown away price. I agree spare availability and service are bad in many places in India, but i am lucky to be in chennai, TamilNadu where concorde mortors and TVS provide wounderful service. I get my palio's spares in two days time :).
N  5th of Apr, 2010 by
Hi, i bought fiat palio 1.9D in 2002, newly launched.Everything was OK with services at angad automobiles mumbai. The proble started whn i got back to raipur. The brakes failed. Took it to SK automobiles., the fiat dealer. They kept the car for 2 months, gave a bill of 40, 500 rs. Forty thousand plus. But the problem didnt solve, the owner Mr. Bast*** mother fu**** son of a hundred dads told pay or else i will take out all the parts which we have fitted in it. Left with no choice n the love for the car i had, my dad paid the amount, repaired outside for merely 350 rs Three fifty rupees. i used the car for another 3 yrs but its smallest parts like diesel filters were not available.
I waited a long hearing the launch of Fabia, punto but had to buy verna as the launch of the punto was delayed.
Now i want another small car n am a fan of fiat performance. But after reading these comments n posts i prefer hyundai i20, atleast i wont have to see the face of that Mother****** son of a b**** SK motors Raipur owner.( now sells threewheelers)
I am telling with experiwnce that Fiat has the worst dealership n after sales service. Its fans like u swho still buy the Fiat cars, And after reading your comments i dont think even TATA has done any good after taking over Fiat India. I request all to do what is right and buy a car which is worth it.And please share your experiences.
Thank you, n ya my dog F***s ur mom Mr.owner SK motors Raipur.I pity his customers.