FGUAwater service disconnected

Gerald Rossow 5029 Blue Runner Ct New Port Richey, FL 34652. Acct#[protected]. I paid past due amount of 105.00 on 11/20/2017 and my water was turned off on 11/21/2017.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in New Port Richey, FL My confirmation number for the payment is [protected]. My confirmation number for the $125.00 reconnection fee is [protected]. I feel that I should receive a refund of the $125 charge. It was unfair and unjustified to have my water service disconnected.

• Dear Complaints Board Team:

Thank you for contacting the Florida Governmental Utility Authority (FGUA) regarding Mr. Rossow's billing and reconnection fee concerns. As the Customer Ombudsman for the FGUA, I had attempted to contact Mr. Rossow on Friday, December 1 regarding this concern, but have not heard from Mr. Rossow concerning his account.

The FGUA provided Mr. Rossow with a November 9, 2017 past due notice by mail for a past due balance of $103.35, which indicated that his account was eligible for disconnection for non-payment on November 19, 2017. The past due notice states that past due payments must be received by 5 p.m. on the date prior to the disconnection date. The FGUA reviewed payments at the start of business on Monday, November 20 for any payments received through November 19, and no payment was received. Unfortunately, since the customer's payment was not received until after the account was locked off for non-payment on November 20, the FGUA was required to charge and receive payment for the $125 reconnection fee before service could be restored.

The FGUA encourages customers to contact their local Customer Service Office if they are having financial difficulty, or require an extension to pay a past due notice prior to the account disconnection date, as the FGUA can work with customers by providing payment extensions or payment plans for assisting in paying outstanding utility balances.

Thank you again for contacting the FGUA regarding Mr. Rossow's concerns. If I can provide further assistance, please contact me by phone at [protected], x330.

Sincerely,