Festiva Resorts / duplicity

1 NC, United States Review updated:

does anyone know if there is a class action suit growing regarding Festiva Properties. The numerous emails -just on this site alone-attest to its deceptive sales pitch. I've yet to get anything worthwhile through INTERVAL (which was "guaranteed" during the sales pitch). The straw that broke the camels back is the increase in maintenance dues.
The 2010 dues are ~30% increase over last year's...the party line is that multi-owners hae defaulted on their maintenance agreement last year..putting their properties into default. what is going on and how to stop it.
Is there ANY LAW group out there willing to help the Festiva "Adventure" Club owners. Please contact me
BellinaV@gmail.com

Be

Comments

• Fe
      6th of Jan, 2010

bellina;

There is currently not a class-action (or any other) lawsuit against Festiva Resorts. We are more than happy to work directly with you to address your issues and send you on vacation. Exchange reservations through Interval International, like any other resort or hotel property, are based upon availability and cannot be guaranteed; however, our Owner Services department can give you advice and guidance on how to get the most out of your exchanges.

Please contact us directly at comments@festivaresorts.com and let us know where and when you purchased so that we can be sure our sales team is providing the most current and accurate information.

• Nc
      30th of Jun, 2010

Have you contacted the North Carolina Attorney General's Office? 919-716-6400 I do not see how they can legally increase the owner's fees to pay for other's who have not paid their's. This should be a cost that Festiva should absorb, not the owners. As Festiva sold it to them and they are the overall owners.

• Tw
      14th of Jul, 2010

Please also contact the South Carolina Real Estate Commission 803 896 4300 and ask for the real estate commission.

• Nc
      31st of Aug, 2010

Contact NC Real Estate Commission 919-875-3700 as they are in NC. They already have someone assigned to Festiva as does NC Attorney General. 919-716-6400 Also Federal Trade Commission 1-877-382-4357 Report has been filed with them. The more they get the more they will investigate. Also see yahoo group for up to the minute info on actions, concerns of owners. It is mostly about Festiva http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peppertree-EquivestOwners/

24th of Jul, 2017

@ncmountainman Can anyone advise me on the status of the investigation. We purchased in 2014

• Al
      14th of Oct, 2010

I am extemely disgusted with Festiva! I just received my Special Assessment and now find out it is much more than projected and will now receive three of them in addition to ever raising maintenance fees which peppertree owners are paying the brunt of. I will be calling the Attourney General, Real Estate Commission, and Federal Trade Commission. Is there any organized lawsuit against Festiva? I do not see how they can continue to coerce Peppertree Owners to buy into Festiva for thousands of dollars when we already own these resorts!

• Rj
      7th of Dec, 2010

I echo everyone's sentiments. We bought into Festiva last February, but when we tried to use our membership at one of their resorts we were told it couldn't be used at that resort. They are a total ripoff. I have had to hire an attorney. I definatly would be in for any class action suit against Festiva. Any Law Group willing to take this on feel free to contact me at
    reggiecrowley1953@msn.com

• Rj
      7th of Dec, 2010

I echo everyone's sentiments. We bought into Festiva last February and when we tried to use our membership we were denied access. They are a total ripoff. If any Law Firm wants to take this on count me in. Countact me at reggiecrowley1953@msn.com

7th of Nov, 2018

@RJUDGEC I am in the same situation as all of you. I cannot afford all these fees either. I owned at Celebration World Resort and found out the owner left the country. Then I had to purchase with Festiva. Please contact me at nora.jarrell12@gmail.com if anyone has any other information. Thanks!

• At
      17th of Nov, 2018

@Nora L. @Nora L, let me know if you have any information. I need help. My email is sharme@yahoo.com.

• At
      17th of Nov, 2018

@Atlanta Creole I can also be reached at atlantacreole@gmail.com.

• Di
      13th of Dec, 2010

Festiva since we bought it 3 years ago has doubled maintenance fees and now have started a special assesment fee of $200 due November 1, 2010.
    Since I did not have it to pay, I know have 22.50 late fee and 3.00 interest.

I will be calling NC attorney generals office tomorrow to complain.
    email: runback19@isp.com

• Sk
      31st of Jan, 2011

Agreed. Please contact me to join in a class action lawsuit. I'm in since three years after purchasing this timeshare I am still trying to figure out how to use it. It seems I only keep paying in. skhannan88@hotmail.com.

21st of Jul, 2017

@skhannan88 Is there a lawsuit open on Festiva if so how do i join??

2nd of Feb, 2011

Skhannan88,
    We are more than happy to assist you in understanding your ownership and learning how to maximize your vacationing experience. Please send us your contact information to comments@festiva.travel and I will have a manager call you. Thank you and have a great day.

• Ad
      19th of Apr, 2011

We bought with festiva also and are experiencing the same issues. They make everything sound so worth wild, but it is not an investment, they are ripoffs.
    klhauling@live.com

• Ad
      19th of Apr, 2011

The information on this website is a rip off and anyone who believes it is in trouble and i pray for them.

• Kc
      13th of Jul, 2011

I think Festiva needs to rethink how they are approaching us. I made monthly payments until it was paid off a few months ago (over 10 years). I made the yearly dues even when they more than doubled in one year. They are almost 5 times what they were 10 years ago. With my husband laid off and my salary cut, we can't make these huge fees. I would be willing to make reasonable payments if they didn't demand high fees all at one time that I just don't have. ALSO, the points are worthless. You can't give them away. I think the fact that I paid for something deeded that is now worthless should be taken into consideration. Perhaps they could consider letting members who can't pay the fees turn in the points and they could sell them as vacations where they have openings. If I could convince someone to buy my points for the year to help pay my dues, I would, however, you can't sell a possibility of a time and place. They need to be easier to work with and more understanding of the financial times, or they will end up in the same boat some of the rest of us are in.

13th of Jul, 2011

To KCinNC:
    We would be happy to have a representative contact you in regards to using your membership if you could write to us at comments@festiva.travel with your contact information.

• Ni
      3rd of Aug, 2012

Due to hardship we have requested to have our membership with festiva canceled. We are military and are now on one income. We went through the BBB and festiva pretty much said too bad, you still have to pay. I would like in on any law suits against this company

6th of Aug, 2012

Nikki23:

We have responded to your Better Business Bureau complaint and the case is now closed. Please let us know if we can provide further assistance, 1-866-933-7848.

• Da
      24th of Oct, 2012

They keep wanting my mom to pay more money (thousands and thousands) and she knew nothing about these charges when she paid the first 12, 000 just for a week every other year plus 4oo every other year for maintenance. Now that same maintenance is 1000 every other year and there was a 3000 for points here and anothher 5000 for points on a different issue using scare tactics. It's called bait and switch. And don't let anyone call you up and tell you they are going to rent it for you. That is a scam too. It all sucks...anonymous

• Mi
      21st of May, 2014

We have had the same problem with festiva ever since we joined .we have never been able to vacation where we wanted to. Only way we use the points was to ask what is available and had to take that. Now they claim to have sent us bills for the maintenance fees that we did not receive and have it us in collections. I have over we to pay what I owe but will not pay the 200 extra for late fees and interest but was told they will not waive the fee. If anyone has suggestions or has the info forany lawsuits please contact mightieb@aol.com

• Za
      4th of Sep, 2015

I notice that there is no attorney response to every ones post regarding a class action law suite, please know that both the States of TN and LA have filed against them and I would continue to encourage you to call the NC attorney general to keep the pressure applied for them to also join in and do something about this firm. Marsha Guthrie in Branson, MO couldn't have applied more pressure and less concern when selling the original time-share, matter of fact she went back in for the kill in a Member update appointment with my parents and actually pressured them into a purchase until the next day when I arrived and intervened and had the new sale for "Red Week" canceled. Buyers beware of this new approach they have called "Red-week" . Everyone needs to know that this company is a complete rip off and have no remorse for their actions, and when you see them responding on here, it's always the same message, e-mail us to help assist you, get real!

• Wi
      18th of Mar, 2017

I will contact NC attorney general as we are fed up with this mess. When we bought we had a vacation yearly, then they scammed use with out realizing to every other yea, r this makes no sense and should be illegal.

21st of Jul, 2017

@william III Is there a class action lawsuit going on now if there is how can I join it cause I want out and I want my money back

• Dl
      10th of Jan, 2018

@Margaret Robinson Smith I'm in the same situation? Is there a class action suit going on now?