Festiva Resorts / not what promised

Went on line to find a place to vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC., I ran across a 4day/3 night deal with Festiva Resorts at the Wild Wing Resort in Conway, SC., when I tried to set the dates, the customer service rep. (KIM) told me she had no availability at the Wild Wing but had comproble accomodation at River Oaks Plantations, needless to say, this was no where near comproble, looked like a run down apartment someone had just moved out, no jacuzzi tubs, no internet access, no playground, pretty much everything we were looking for as a vacation spot. Once we went down to veiw the available resort facility, it was not the Wild Wing but another location in Surfside Beach, SC., 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. While going through the sales pitch, the speaker said if this is something you cannot afford or not interested in then, just walk away with no hard feelings. That must have been the joke or the punch line, I have still not figured it out. Once we decided we were not interested, we were rudely rushed out the door and told not participate in anything to due with Festiva Resorts. Save yourself the headache, pay a little extra and have a great time, we saw beachfront resort rooms going for $79/night.

Ta

Comments

• Va
      Nov 23, 2010

I HAVE BEEN AN OWNER SINCE 2005 AND HAVE STAYED AND GONE TO NICER PLACES THAN YOU HAVE. I AM SURE OF THAT. IT IS PAID FOR NOW AND I VACATION IN 5 STAR RESORTS ALL THE TIME. WHY BLAME FESTIVA FOR YOUR IGNORANCE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO THE TREES FOR THE FOREST? I HAVE MORE THAN GOTTEN MY MONEIES WORTH FROM THIS OWNERSHIP. YES IT WAS A FINANCIAL BURDEN AT FIRST TO TAKE THAT PLUNGE, BUT THE END RESULT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND GOT. SORRY YOU WILL NEVER BE AN OWNER WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE OF YOUR IGNORANCE. IN FACT, I AM GLAD THEY MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE TO MAKE A 90 MINUTE CHOICE!! IT ELIMINATES ME AND MY FAMILY FROM HAVING TO DEAL WITH JERKS LIKE YOURSELF ON OUR VACATION. GOOD LUCK WITH THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THINGS AND I WILL VACATION WAY BETTER THAN YOU FOREVER... LOL

• Av
      Feb 04, 2011

im a former employee at festiva, and they are CONS! in training we were given information about the resorts and what to say to customers. when i wanted more information on what i was selling, i wa stold that "you are selling a vacation package that anyone would be stupid to pass up". i convinced my dad to buy a golf package that included "3day2night @ condo in myrtle beach w/ 2 rounds of golf at a PGA rated golf course. all for $199 and 90 mins of his time." REALLY it cost him $199 plus money for recreation, food, etc. 4 hours of his time, and a headache. ALSO due to the lengthy HIGH PRESSURE "no-obligation" presentation he was left with no time for golf. after seeing how big of a scam these people were pulling off, i quit immediately. also for anyone wondering about the company: the free dinner for 2 is not free! you pay for your food and get a rebate. Carnival Cruise is not affiliated with Festiva and your free cruise (if you ever receive it and usually you wont) is going to cost you over 200 dollars per person! i hate that i was ever affiliated with such a misleading company, and i apologize to anyone who was taken advantage of.