Fannie Mae / Fannie mae scams, must be loop hole for listing agents

FL, United States Review updated:

the same thing happened to me two months back... I made an offer and fannie mae accepted it, then listing office told me that the property is not under fannie maes name.. that I would have to wait for the property to be listed again in 4 months and wait until the clerk of courts would issue a selling date for the property again.. and then bid for that property again and they say that I would be the bidder that would win..I already paid my appraisal.they accepted MY OFFER!!! HOW could they sell something its not theres!!! It seems like these listing agents have found some loop hole in the system. I cancelled my contract and was able to get my deposit back. Luckily
Now, I looked for another property and turns out fannie mae say "they own it". I put an offer and my offer was accepted, the listing agent is not able to turn the water on for my appraisal or inspection and they say that the property has the wrong documentation for the HOA and I have to leave my title company and go with theirs in order for me to close. Otherwise, I have to wait until they get their papers in order and go passed my closing date.
Extremely frustrated, any advice?

Po

Comments

• Eu
      Jun 15, 2010

You are right.
    Same thing here in Massachusetts.On May 28th, 2010 I went to an auction for a Fannie Mae property, I was the highest bidder .They accepted my offer and they gave me a signed Purchase and Sales contract a closing date for June 28th, 2010.A few days later my lender's attorney could not get a title from Fannie Mae .Fannie Mae still lists the property on their wen site (home path) as theirs but they do not have the title.Beyond imagination!
    They auctioned a property without owning the property or they play games.I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office.