Fandango — beware of fandango gift cards!
Do not purchase a fandago gift card before reading this. I received 3-$15.00 gift cards over the holidays from a wonderful young couple who know I love going to the movies. They were excited to give me what they thought was a great gift that I could use to buy tickets, popcorn, drinks, etc. At the movie theater. When I arrived at the theater to use my card, I was told by the box office that fandango gift cards can only be used to buy movie tickets online and nothing else. I was angry and disappointed. After the long drive home, I went to the fandango website to buy a ticket for the next day's movie. As I suspected, there was an additional $1.35 "convenience fee" for each ticket. My $7.25 senior citizen ticket would become an $8.60 ticket. There should be a huge disclaimer on these "gift cards" that they can only be used to purchase movie tickets online and that there is an additional "convenience fee" added to the price of each ticket. Better yet, these rip-off "gift cards" should not be sold in retail stores at all. I feel worse for the young couple who gave me the gift cards than I do for myself. $45.00 is a lot of money for them, and they thought it was such a wonderful gift. I am beyond furious.
More Fandango Complaints & Reviews
- Fandango - total scam 
- Fandango.com - fraud 
- Fandango - unauthorized charges 
- Fandango - charged twice on my credit card when the website said it didn't process 
- Fandango Media - hacked fandango account
- Fandango - purchase movie tickets online for reserved seating auditorium
- Fandango - rip-off! 
- Fandango - fandango's online ticketing service
- Fandango - unable to redeem gift card 
- Fandango - gift card was never delivered