Fallas Discount Store / treatment of employees

Harlingen, TX, United States Review updated:

I was hired as store manager for a new store. I was excited to work for company however once in I was made to work fourteen to seventeen hours a day over two weeks with no days. I was yelled at in front of employees and customers by the dm. Treated unfairly compared to male managers. Dm came to grand opening smelling of alcohol and even contracted workers were stating how rude and showed no respect for employees no matter how hard I was working or fellow employees. When I quit because I alomst blacked out I enformed HR of the treatment I received and yet nothing was done about it even though other managers also complained. I wanted to work for the company however I have never been so disrespect by anyone and I cant believe this is the kind of person they have to represent their company.

Comments

• Ha
      6th of Apr, 2010

This is so true!!! It is because their work week ends on Friday. That is their explaination, which is actually all BS!!! So it is OK! to make people work 9 days straight. It took me 6 years for them to pay me $10.00 an hour, Yet they are paying the new employees to start at the some price. When the seasonal employees come back, some of them are dopped out of the their system. Then they will be added back to their system as experienced employees and will get a dollar raise each time. They are so pampered!!! I would love to get $1.00 raises or $2.00 raises, but the raise I get is only 20 cents. They also treat their employees as if they are kids. Everyone have to do a work list and hand them in after their shift is over. I can understand a work list for the new employees, but not after being there for 6 years. You would think that you know what is expected of you. Really, does Lowe's think I am that stupid! The store manager is so stupid I can not believe him.