Eyeglass World / frames for eyeglasses

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States

On August 13, 2008, I took my daughter to Eyeglass World on East Tropicana. My daughter had the exam, and we bought her glasses there, also. When we went to pick them up 10 days later, the nose piece fell off of the frames she had picked. They gave her a temporary pair of frames and told us they would call when the correct color frames came in. When I checked back about a week later, they hadn't even ordered them. They told me to check back in about a week. I did. Still no frames. I decided the temporary frames were ok and that I would wait the 6 months that I had paid for for the VIP service where you get a free pair of frames at the end of six months. I called them today, explained about the damaged frames she had received and the temporary frames she had been given and that I had never received the phone call. The gentleman on the phone insisted that because she had been given the temporary frames, she had received the frames that I had paid for, when in reality, it was not what I ordered. So I then asked him if they had the same frame in stock, since I would then use my VIP service to have the lenses transferred into the new frames. No such luck. They, of course, do not carry that style anymore, and I would have to pay for a new pair of lenses. So, now my daughter has to wait, with a pair of broken frames before we can afford to buy her a new pair. I will never, ever, use these people again! Someone should do something about this.