Eyeglass World / False advertising

The advertising they have on the commercial is totally False Advertising 2 pairs for $78 you do not have thousands of frames to choose from you only have 30 frames to choose from, these people need to be stopped !!!

My second pair was crooked, I went back 4 times to get them adjusted, however, the secretary just told me not to fall asleep with them so they wont get bent out of shape, unreal, I take my glasses off prior to going to sleep !!!

Please someone investigate this company, this is wrong, they should be sued for false advertising ! My $70 visit resulted in $357.

Te

Comments

• Se
      16th of Mar, 2010

I LOVE THEM BEST PLACE EVER

• Em
      30th of Apr, 2011

Wow! almost what I have been preaching for a few years now.

I went to Eyeglass World for their $38.00 glasses special. I got a set of frames, and single vision lenses. Due to my prescription, the cost went to $622.00. Funny how the most basic lenses and ordinary frames costed 16 times what was advertised. I was shocked. I then went back to get the frames "realigned, " and was curious about if the lenses could be replaced. Kristen (Toledo, Ohio store), told me that I needed to replace the whole set of glasses.

At this point, I never will go to Eyeglass World OR sister company, Stanton optical, due to how they perform customer service.

Bottom line, if some higher prescriptions are more costly, they need a disclaimer on the screen, when they advertise. I was mislead and unsatisfied.

• Ey
      19th of May, 2011

Wow, such ignorance. Do you understand that if you put a disclaimer about each little thing that cost bring the cost up, the whole commercial would be a disclaimer? Anti-reflection, transitions, scratch coating, uv protection, lined bifocal, no-lined bifocal, polycarbonate lenses, high-index lenses. And Stanton has nothing to do with Eyeglass World anymore, well for about 2 years now, but, Stanton is worse, let me tell you. I worked for both and would go back to Eyeglass World in a heart beat. And as for the original post, if you only wanted to pay that much, you should have. People get mad after they pick out different things and then pay. Your fault, you could have said "I do not want to pay that much, what are my other options". They do have many frames, and they did have that sale. Did you really expect to get a steak for the price of a chicken nugget? They would go out of business if every single frame was included in that sale. You could have gotten the sale frames and only upgraded your lenses. My guess is you didn't like those frames so you picked out more expensive ones. They have that sale for people who cannot see and can only afford those lenses. If you want to be all cute or handsome in your glasses, you are going to have to pay for better ones. Geez! This is common sense!

• Em
      20th of May, 2011

Clearly "EyeMother" is a fake name, and/or is an employee of Eyeglass World empire. I talked to a few other people who also went to EGW and didn't get the 38.00 advertised special. This is strange that they are not listed in the BBB files, which means they are not rated, for any location. This says enough. Apparently Ad Results does not like to produce commercials with that as a disclaimer. Say it's common sense, I call it bait and switch, not being honest, etc. If my Rx is too high... just as others' Rx's are, they should have it in writing. "EyeEother, " even you would agree that if your own Rx was too expensive, you'd be angered too... paid or walked away. You can't deny that. So stop trifling and be positive.