Experian / Misleading and unauthorized charges!

United States Review updated:
Due to Federal requirements Credit reporting agencies (who actually work for Credit Card Companies) were required to allow one free credit report. I checked my credit through http://annualcreditreport.com. TransUnion and Equifax were straightforward but Experian was complicated (and I believe intentionally confusing) and two weeks later I see a charge from them for $14.95 for a monthly 'service'. The entry looked like this:

POS DEBIT CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT [protected] CA Link to more information in a new browser window. $14.95.

I had no intent to sign up and am fairly savvy with Internet apps (I am an IT analyst for a living). This is obviously Experian's way to scam people out of money. I called to cancel: they tried to upsell me. I refused and am noting the time and date.
Ri

Comments

Te
  1st of Apr, 2008
Reading your compliant gives makes me happy to know I am not the only one with the problem and chills for what is to come. I can't figure out how to call this company to cancel. No where in their website do they tell you where to call them for cancellation.

Experian Information Solutions Logo Experian Information Solutions