Experian / Misleading and unauthorized charges!

Due to Federal requirements Credit reporting agencies (who actually work for Credit Card Companies) were required to allow one free credit report. I checked my credit through http://annualcreditreport.com. TransUnion and Equifax were straightforward but Experian was complicated (and I believe intentionally confusing) and two weeks later I see a charge from them for $14.95 for a monthly 'service'. The entry looked like this:

POS DEBIT CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT [protected] CA Link to more information in a new browser window. $14.95.

I had no intent to sign up and am fairly savvy with Internet apps (I am an IT analyst for a living). This is obviously Experian's way to scam people out of money. I called to cancel: they tried to upsell me. I refused and am noting the time and date.

Ri

Comments

• Te
      1st of Apr, 2008

Reading your compliant gives makes me happy to know I am not the only one with the problem and chills for what is to come. I can't figure out how to call this company to cancel. No where in their website do they tell you where to call them for cancellation.