Experian / Misleading and unauthorized charges!
Due to Federal requirements Credit reporting agencies (who actually work for Credit Card Companies) were required to allow one free credit report. I checked my credit through http://annualcreditreport.com. TransUnion and Equifax were straightforward but Experian was complicated (and I believe intentionally confusing) and two weeks later I see a charge from them for $14.95 for a monthly 'service'. The entry looked like this:
POS DEBIT CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT [protected] CA Link to more information in a new browser window. $14.95.
I had no intent to sign up and am fairly savvy with Internet apps (I am an IT analyst for a living). This is obviously Experian's way to scam people out of money. I called to cancel: they tried to upsell me. I refused and am noting the time and date.
More Experian Complaints & Reviews
- Info Experian Direct - charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct. 
- Info Experian Direct.com - charges to credit card 
- Experian - $19.95 debit appears for no reason! 
- Experian - Creditreport Infoexd.com - Auto CC billing 
- Cic Experian - Scam-bad customer service, unauthorized charges! 
- Experian - fraud
- Experian Information Solutions - website
- Experian - credit bureau
- Experian Information Solutions - can't get anyone to answer the phone, fax, chat, email... nothing! 
- Experian Information Solutions - Terrible