Expedia.com / consumer fraud

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I purchased tickets to travel International through Expedia.com. Upon receiving a blank change in schedule to my email. I called Expedia.com and they inform me that the International airlines change the schedule to where a six hour flight went to 15 hrs. Upon reviewing my bank statement Expedia.com gave the International airlines my credit card information and this airlines took additional funds out of my account. I was on the phone with Expedia.com at least six different occasions with one call lasting three hrs. Upon getting a refund Expedia.com was telling me that I will have to wait two months before I can get my money back from the International airlines.

First, Expedia.com did not have my permission to give my card information to any outside agency or International airlines. "ARE THEY CRAZY?"

Second, I booked through Expedia.com not TACA International Airlines "this airlines is beyond horrible and never on time."

Finally, I am so disgusted with how Expedia.com takes no responsibility at all for any problems with reservations made with them. Buyer Beware when you ask to speak to a manager and been on hold for 45 minutes all you get is a disconnected call "BEEN THROUGH THIS THREE TIMES ALREADY."

Va

Comments

• Ge
      15th of Jun, 2009

I also have the same exactly experience as yours. They put on hold forever!

19th of Aug, 2009

Expedia displays THE poorest customer service ever!!! The representative tells you they will "escalate the call, BUT you will be told the same thing." Then what's the point?????!!! You can't understand ANYTHING they say because they are in a whole other country!!! They place you on hold forever because they WANT you to hang up, so go to the bathroom and whatever else before you call them! Thank goodness for speaker phone! Oh, and yes, they will mysteriously hang up on you too. That's why you get names and write the corporate office!!! This is some bull!! They outsource these jobs and we have to suffer the consequences for it!

They have the worst attitude and plus this new ad they have saying NO BOOKING FEES OR CANCELLATION FEES...a crock! I wanted to cancel one day on my itinerary due to a last minute change and they told me that it would cost me $99, which was the hotels policy and not theirs. BULL! I called the hotel and they laughed! They told me that this was NOT their policy, they give you 24 hours before your check in date to cancel. I called Ex-GREED-ia back and explained this to them and reminded them of what THEY had on their website and the rep had the nerve to tell me that the no cancel/booking fees only applied to their "standard" rooms. HELLOOOOO??? ALL OF YOUR ROOMS ARE STANDARD!!! After being on hold for eternity they finally refunded my $298.00, made me cancel my entire itinerary which made me loose the discount rate AND my coupon! I went back in to re-book it and the price had changed!

So needless to say, I will be using Hotels.com from now on!!!