Eteacher Hebrew Class / harrassment

Binghamton, NY, United States

I was called by Eteacher, but not told that was who they were. Instead the sales rep said they were through Hebrew College, which they do have classes through, but is not the one I was being spoken to about, and they are not Hebrew College. She refused to let me see the contract first because of 'time'. After signing up and receiving the email and contract I realized it was Eteacher, not Hebrew College, and immediately began the cancellation process. I followed all required procedures in the contract. On top of that, anticipating an issue, I froze my credit card and got a new one so no new charges could be made. I kept calling and no one answered in customer service and when i got ahold of tech they wanted to transfer me so I emailed to have a record and told tech support that they needed to put the message in and email. I received an email recognizing my decision to cancel. The next week they contacted me. I told them I wanted a refund. The sales rep agreed but tried to convince me to continue. I said call me in 2 weeks to discuss. From the issues I see other people had online I was concerned no would mean no refund. After receiving the refund I talked to the sales rep again and explained I'm currently not interested. Even after repeating he, different than first one, continued to push "i would lose sale price if I keep cancellation." Without my consent, instead of emailing me confirming cancellation, he emailed stating I would be following with the new contract. None of my emails stating I would not be picking up a new contract were answered or even acknowledged. When asked for a time to call I stated not before 10am and almost every day for 2 weeks they have called between 8:30 and 9am. I have since spoken once more to the rep stating to leave me alone and I had canceled and had no interest in restarting. In responce he emailed me a bill with a threat of legal action. No lawyer or legal info in the email, showing me it was merely scare tactics. The next day I was called again, I rejected it, and received an email stating they wished to discuss the course I'm enrolled in, which I am not. At this point they are harrassing me and instead of listening to the customer are following the pursue until defeat tactic, which doesn't work. I lived in Israel for a year and am not swayed, more than anyone is by a reg salesperson. Scare tactics don't work. They have lied by saying "we can see you've opened the emails" to emails I've never received, which can't be seen unless they have special technology or hack my personal email. I had not received any email stating the start of a class, which I was not supposed to be signed up for, which they tried to use to convince me to pay. Plus giving random dates for when I cancelled and not acknowledging the emails. When I brought them up he stated I needed a vocal cancelation via phone, which is NOT stated in the contract, nor any email. THEY ARE A SCAM STAY AWAY.

Bp