Escape To Paradise / Timeshare Resale

1 Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

Escape to Paradise represents itself to be an expert in the timeshare resale industry with specialized skill in marketing and advertising as well as access to a wealthy base of potential clients in the Newport Beach area. In July of 2008 I paid this company $399 to list my Orlando timeshare after discussion with Melinda Hofferbert, assuring me that my property would be marketed aggressively in the near future to several groups of potential buyers (Melinda represented herself to be one of the owners, this was also represented to me by Bill Jefferson on May 12, 2009, Bill represented himself on that date to be the manager in charge of the office). To date I have not received a single reponse to my property listing in nearly 10 months time. I have also received no response to multiple phone messages and emails to Melinda.

It would be my strong recommendation to anyone desiring to sell their timeshare that they avoid doing business with Escape to Paradise, I believe you will be wasting your money with no service rendered in return.

I plan to file additional complaints with the Attorney General of California, the Newport Beach Better Business Bureau, Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce, and other internet complaint websites. I suggest to anyone else that has received unsatisfactory service from Escape to Paradise that they do the same.

Dave

Da

Comments

• Al
      19th of May, 2009

Dave,
    I spoke with Bill Jefferson on the very same day that you posted your comment. I also have & am having a bit of a problem with Escape to Paradise. I have posted two complaints today. Also, commenting on several previous posts, please see what you can do.

Alicia T. from SC

• Da
      19th of May, 2009

This is a follow up to my posting on May 12, 2009; on May 13th I called Escape to Paradise and requested that the listing price on my Orlando timeshare be reduced; Jack, no last name given, told me that it takes 24 hours for the change to show up in the website property listing, on May 15th I checked the webside and saw that the price had not been changed, I called Jack and he told me, "It hasn't been 24 hours yet." Two days elapse and it hasn't been 24 hours yet? What??? I sent an email to the company on May19th requesting the change, it still hasn't been done. It is most likely a moot point, I strongly suspect that Escape to Paradise rarely if ever sells any timeshares at any price.

One other piece of information, on half a dozen occasions I have left my contact information with employees, Bill, Jack, Clyde, or the receptionist, requesting a return call from owner Melinda Hifferbert, which I have yet to receive, I always ask the person taking the message to repeat back to me the contact information, and with the exception of one time by the receptionist, I have then been hung up on. It is obvious to me that these people do not write the messages down and do not give the information to Melinda, not that she would bother to call back anyway. To date I have filed or will file complaints with this message board, [redacted]s.com, California Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau, Department of Consumer Affairs, and Federal Internet Bureau. I am 99.99% sure that I will not get a refund from Escape to Paradise and I am 99.99 % sure that they will never help sell my timeshare, but if nothing else, I will get my money's worth by spreading the information as wide as I can about this bunch of scam ### that take people's money and do nothing to earn it.