ESBI / Fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:

My phone bill had gone up but I pay it when it comes and seldom look at the breakdown. Today I found that ESBI & IDL had put over $600 worth of charges on my bill since Oct. 07. The account just assumed it was a legitimate charge. I am going to Verizon, to the Attorney General and to my lawyer to get my money returned. This is ridiculous and should be illegal. These companies services, whatever they are, were never ordered, were never agreed to and I will not stop until our money is returned. It really means looking more closely at bills when scams like this get past you.
Va

Comments

Es
  1st of Oct, 2008
The same thing happened to me!! I contacted ESBI and they told me I was being billed for some "SUPER DUPPER" emailing service?? I never agreed to this charge nor did I know how it got there! I feel it's about time someone takes care of the ripoff artists out there, I've been scammed many times by different companies that charge bogus charges to my phone bill, which I usually catch up to in a few months. However, trying to get your money refunded is a whole other story. What a pain in the *ss trying to get your money back that should have never been theirs to start with. If anyone is interested in filing a class action suit against ESBI, I'd like to jump on the band wagon with you all!!!
Ru
  7th of Oct, 2008
I am really upset. Just got my phone bill with esbi charges and also gofax charges, contacted verizon said I had to take care of the problem, they are only the billing service. Contacted both got confirmation number that they will cancel but could take 2 to 3 months to refund my money. this is crazy. I cannot afford this extra monies that they already took from my checking account. and not getting any answers from verizon thats for sure.
Ja
  13th of Oct, 2008
I work for a major telecom company and I constantly get customers who are billed by this and other "3rd party billers" without knowledge or permission. USUALLY this happens when a customer answers an online survey or contest ("Get a free $100 gift card just for taking survey" etc.) and there is usually some sort of disclosure (3 pgs. of fine print that people don't usually read) that says by accepting you will be billed by XYX company for this service. You need to look at your monthly bill very carefully and dispute anything that doesn't look right.
Br
  15th of Nov, 2008
same happened to me someone i know who doesnt like me took my information email phonenumber etc. went online filled out applications and later found that i was being biled for something i never authorized later i contacted both companies told them to credit me back they did but is still not coming uo on my bills. im really pissed at esbi because they are accepting fraud charges and not investigating whether the actual authorizer is filling these out. any else feellthe same i really want to get this classaction law suit going esbi needs to be shut down thank u.
Al
  20th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. ESBI has been billing $12.95 since 8/08 and since I have recurring billing I don't look at my statements. Called Embarq and they are putting charge on dispute. Was given ESBI number of 1-888-300-3724 and canceled account. Informed customer service that I had NEVER ordered the service and have no need of "Emergency Voicemail monthly service". Supposed to get a credit to my account for the past 3 months of charges. I won't hold my breath.

FYI- Embarq put a "third party billing" block on my account so no one can bill my phone unless I authorize it with Embarq.

Hope this helps. Next step the Better Business Bureau and NV Attorney General.
Pa
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I completely agree with these "Unauthorized Charges" complains against ESBI. I monitor my statements very carefully. I have residential services with AT&T. Just saw today, ESBI charges appeared on my January 09 statement. I called ESBI and they said some one called to activate services at this address. I denied and they took off (at least that is what they said to me over the phone) the charges. I am also sending out a complaint e-mail to AT&T. This looks like a SCAM. There are times when we do not pay attention to monthly statements and things like this go un-noticed.
Sa
  30th of Jan, 2009
I noticed my phone bill this month was higher that normal, so I looked through the pages and found a charge for $14.95 (+.93) tax for a total of $15.88 - from ESBI for "Fax Service Monthly Fee."

So I called ESBI at 1-888-300-3724 and asked what this is for? The lady was nice and said it was for "enhanced network service." I told her it stated "Fax" service and that we don't even HAVE a fax machine!

I asked some questions and I was told that on 12-28-08 that they received a request online for this service from an email address that my husband hasn't had in years and they said they were given his mother's maiden name as such and such which was not even what it is! They gave the name as a shortened version of my husband's first name only. Of course, I did not give them any correct information.

This is what I told them:
1. I did not authorize this charge
2. It is fraudulent
3. I will not pay it

I was given a confirmation number and was told that it would be removed in 1-2 billing cycles. I told them as far as I was concerned, it was being removed immediately!

I called Embarq and told them how I was upset that they would let this get done, and they said unfortunately it is legal...some loophole in the law that goes back to the days when people could charge collect calls to their phone number. They said to deduct the total amount from my current phone bill and they would put ESBI's charges in dispute and that it would not affect my local phone service. The man at Embarq said that this happens all the time and that they deal with calls like mine hundreds of times at day. He did tell me to make sure that I kept the confirmation number and date I talked to ESBI.

I'll call Embarq and get a block on third-party charges.

I feel so sorry for the many people who have been/will be scammed by these people!

I don't know how the people who work at ESBI sleep at night, but I guess liars and thieves get used to it.
Le
  23rd of Feb, 2009
The ESBI in Monterey, CA. Is located in Salinas, CA.
The company that I got throught to was ILD Teleservices. This company is also in Salinas, CA. Both companys are under one roof.
My bill was set up with my name, when I asked about a call back number, all they said was that caller ID gave a 999-999-9999 number. I have that number on other things. Like the last place I worked.
The company I was working for told me that the # was used for memos to the carriers.
When I also have it as the given phone number from subscribers when they go on vaction or a stop.
So I got canned because I was questioning the 999-999-9999 phone number.
Big Mistake !
That gave me more time to dig up the dirt, I found some answers.
Leslie Glasenapp
Cachagualeslie@aol.com
El
  26th of Feb, 2009
ESBI should be shut down by the FCC
It has come to my attention that IP address 80.255.59.21, of which McKinney consulting is a provider, has a customer that has incurred fraudulent charges on my AT&T phone bill for the ESBI services of 247MP3S.com. My phone number is a blocked, private line, not in print on my checks or any method of payment. They only had to use my email, home address and they posed a fraudulent date of birth.

The fraudulent charges to my home phone bill incurred on Jan 16 and Jan 17, for a total bill of $16.11 x 2 = $32.22 (including tax) to a company ESBI, which provider the offender to services for 247MP3S.com
The offender gave the birthday 7-3-86 on one occasion and 7-3-76 on the other occasion. I would like the perpetrator stopped, and would like to know the name of the individual so I can prosecute. I value my privacy and will not tolerate being violated in this manner. Please respond to verify that you have received my complaint.
Je
  3rd of Mar, 2009
I am going through the worst time with these people. they have been taking money from me for a year.I cannot afford to support them and me too. I am a disabled senior, and am in the hospital so often, then when i am home i am on pain meds. I know I should check my bill but I am not always able to. And just why do these people want to hurt those that are already hurting. I am angry and want my money back.
Be
  20th of Jan, 2010
Frauulent charges on my ATT phone bill.

I never authorized any charges or services from this company. Upon searching on the internet I have read over 200 complaints on this company/

Ben Johnon (510)724-7653 daytime (510)787-1253 Home

benjohnson@sbcglobal.net
Ma
  3rd of Nov, 2010
I was charged $16.30 a month for 9 months on my AT&T bill.

AT&T would only refund two payments and I have yet to receive credit for the other 7 from ESBI. This has been going on since the last century and in 2001 ESBI were fined $350, 000 by the FTC for this same scam. AT&T is fully aware this is a scam and profit from it. Why are ESBI and AT&T not charged under the RICO act. This is an interstate criminal fraud ring making millions and millions from poor people. DEMAND ONE LAW FOR ALL. Put these criminals in jail (fines are a joke).

Spread the word and write to your State rep today.
Cu
  27th of Jan, 2011
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at 24/7mp3s take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-866-709-6557 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.
Sincerely,