ER Solutions / Scam and cheating

I had a death in the family and in an emergency pulled out more than i had in my checking account. I knew I had to pay it back and would owe the overdraft fee. Before I even I got my next statement (which I was going to use to determine how much i owed after the bank fees) I was getting calls from Er solutions. When I called back to pay the debt, they wouldn't talk to me! It was a joint account and they only showed my husbands name. It took me three hours on the phone with the bank who was also on the line with ER solutions to get the matter corrected! They were so rude. I understand that the money was owed and that some people can come up with some horrible excuses but there is no reason/excuse to be rude to people they are dealing with for the first time. Being rude won't make the money i owe magically appear out of nowhere. I only hope that the people that work there are never in a situation where they owe someone after a family emergency.

Va

Comments

• Do
      21st of Oct, 2009

Be aware that ER Solutions and Paypal may be in a scam attempting to extort money from you. I received a letter from E R Solutions in September alleging that I owed Paypal $990 in an over drawn Paypal account. That was total BS.

ER Solutions has stated that they returned the claim to Paypal marked as a fraud but they refuse to provide any substantive information other than to say that the claim was transmitted to them electronically in July 2009.

I had reported this to Paypal weeks earlier and they never bothered to respond in any fashion. Then I sent a letter to their CEO, Scott Thompson, who has failed to respond in any manner. It seems obvious that Paypal doesn’t want to talk about what is going on, and E R Solutions is in bed with them.

I have started to investigate both companies because their activities may make either/both of them liable to a class action lawsuit for substantial damages. In the interim, if they have annoyed you, then you may wish to contact them directly.

E R Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Convergent Resources, Inc. a company based in Atlanta. The CEO is a guy named Peter Picciocca who is believed to be married to Sheila and residing at 2230 Azelea Drive in Roswell, GA 30075. Telephone 770-641-0164. Peter Kacer is another one of their fat cats and is believed to be residing at 4613 Traywick Drive in Marietta 30062, with phone of 770-645-6982.

When I get the info on Sheldon Zucker, Todd van Meter and Kurt Miller I will add it to this site. These characters are the kind who think they defecate ice cream and they seek to hide behind the rules of the FDCPA. But, they may just find themselves in a far worse mess because they don’t understand that when you lie with dogs you get up with fleas.

• Ba
      9th of Nov, 2009

I had the exact same thing happen to me! I just received a collection letter from E R Solutions saying I owe $1, 235.00 on my paypal account--this is total bs! I do not owe them a cent! I don't even know where to begin to get this thing resolved and judging by your post, it seems it won't be easy...I appreciate any additional info. you can add to this as you continue your fight with these frauds.

• Gr
      14th of Dec, 2009

Start with your state attorney general's office. Call and ask them who to send a letter to.

It is up to ER Solutions to prove that you owe them any thing. if you don't--- also contact the Postal Service regarding mail fraud.

I had them call me this morning with a mysterious unidentified phone call tha twas supposed to be urgent. I had no idea what company it was form. After keeping me on hold for over ten minutes, it urned out the person they were looking for is someone I've never heard of.

4th of Feb, 2010

Same thing happpened to me. I got a letter from ER Solutions stating that they were collecting a debt for Paypal in the amount of 169.99. Confused by this, since I hadn't used my paypal account in over 1.5 years, I contacted paypal directly to find out what charges were on my account making up this amount. After talking to several paypal reps, none of them could find any outstanding balance that I "owe" them. If paypal says I don't owe them money, I'm content with that, but this looks like an ER Solutions scam from every direction.

• Za
      10th of Feb, 2010

See my story here. I had the same issue.

• Ke
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Yep! Same thing happened to me! I think they are working together...paypal and this ERS because they have my information but I don't owe any money. They even offered that I could pay 50% of the debt. Come on!!??? I think Paypal must give them our names and information in hopes that we'll be scared into paying up. To Don Roberto: Great job in investigating!!! You are awesome! Fight them until the end!!! Kelly

• Mr
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Same issue. I got a collections notice from ERS regarding a PayPal balance due. I use my PayPal about 30 times a day and there is no balance due, nor has there ever been.

It's from Long Island, NY...the epicenter of dishonesty.

• Mr
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I don't think PayPal has anything to do with this. It's just a convenient company to use because millions of people have PayPal accounts and if only 10% are stupid enough to not understand that this is fraud on the part of ERS, then ERS will collect a lot of money.

Believe me, I deal with customers online every day and more than 10% are that stupid.

24th of Feb, 2010

Ha. I've been getting calls about this due to an "overdraft" of paypal charges from 2000 or something stupid. I told the lady she's crazy. I couldn't possibly have a negative balance in my account and even if I did, TEN years ago I'm sure I would have been contacted. I still have the account! They sent me a letter which still says nothing about the charges but offers me all sorts of ways in which I can pay for it. I just want to know how they got my name, number and address since I'm unlisted. That's the only reason I even listened to them in the first place.
    It also has the whole bid about accepting 50% of the balance, etc, etc.
    The address on the paper is PO BOX 9004, Renton, WA 98057.
    The address I got from HOOVERS, a reliable business information source says their address is 800 SW 7th St.,
    Ste. A100, Renton, WA 98055
    The website is also different. Please be weary people!

• Bl
      25th of Feb, 2010

Received a phone call from them claiming I owe ~$700. Ten years ago when I had a PayPal account, it's login credentials were somehow (still not sure how) fraudulently obtained and my account's login e-mail address was changed. I only noticed because I happened to check my bank account's activity and it showed ~$600 worth of pending withdrawals. PayPal at that time refused to help me saying I did not possess the login e-mail for them to look up the account (the one that someone else had changed!).

So I called PayPal and they did their b.s. "inquiry" and of course found no fraudulent activity, even though there were numerous transactions recounted to me by the rep for things such as money transfers to a production company and for online poker (ironically, I don't even know how to play poker).

Still trying to figure out the best approach. ### PayPal.

• Im
      12th of Mar, 2010

Damn! My paypal account was hacked 8 years ago, and fradulent charges made. Luckily, my bank took care of it and settled the issue (no loss on my part). Ever since, I've never used Pay Pal. Today, I get a mail from ER solutions that I owe a half grand on my Pay Pal account!! What kind of BS is this? How is this business not being investigated??? Regardless, I'll have to call to settle. I do NOT look forward to this call. I suspect there will be a lot of shouting and swearing.

• Jd
      17th of Mar, 2010

Same thing with me. My letter and calls say I owe over $5500, yet "Paypal" has agreed to settle for 50% of the total. The actual debt I left in my account was $34 for a fraudulent chargeback Paypal allowed after I stopped selling on eBay.
    They are usually a third tier debt collector (after a main collection fails) buying debts in massive batches from companies like Paypal for pennies on the dollar, and when they collect 10% then they are tripling their money. Their records get tangled in the data shifts from Paypal according to what I read here and my own experiences.
    First, they can't collect what they can't prove you owe.
    Second, even if they are convinced you owe it, they do back off when you mention the SOL in your state. Since you are not dealing with Paypal, you are no longer required to abide by California statutes. This is a third party collector, and they must abide by your state laws, and petition the court in your state.
    To report a delinquent account to a credit bureau, there must be a petition against you to collect the debt within the SOL timeframe in your state. If the court proceedings begin during the SOL, then it may go on your credit report for 7 years. If their court petition is 1 day past the SOL, tell them to kiss off. They can't touch you, your money, or your credit score.

• Mi
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I have had tons of missed calls from ER solutions. I finally picked up the phone today. The lady was very rude... She wanted me to verify my social security # and my address. When I told her no, she tried to tell me I had to... I told her I don't give that info to strangers, and I asked her to hold on while I looked up her company up online. She promptly hung up the phone. I tried to re-dial back the number and a machine answered. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION!

• Jd
      27th of May, 2010

Update: I answered the phone this morning and had a lady ask to speak with me. She then asked me to confirm the last 4 of my SSN, and I asked who was calling? She said "Amber." I told her I didn't know anyone named Amber and she needed to be a little more specific before I talked to her. When I asked who she was 3 more times, she continued to say "Amber" until I finally asked who she was representing. She then told me ER Solutions, and I told her I never heard of her company but when I found out who they were I would contact their state attorney's office for harassment charges if she contacted me again. Then, I hung up as she was saying "Well, since obviously I have found the right person..."

• Ca
      26th of Sep, 2012

MAYBE ER SOLUTIONS AND PAYPAL ARE IN IT TOGETHER! I JUST GOT A CALL ABOUT A PAYPAL ACCOUNT THAT'S ALL THEY WOULD TELL ME CAUSE I WOULD NOT VERIFY MY SOCIAL OVER THE PHONE. I GIVE NO ONE MY SOCIAL NOT EVEN THE LAST FOUR NUMBERS. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? THEY ARE RUDE AS HELL! I HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT THAT I USE WEEKLY I OWE NOTHING! I'VE HAD THE SAME PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR 8 YEARS. I'M SURE IF I OWED THEM MONEY THEY WOULD CLOSE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND NOTIFY ME DIRECTLY! IF YOU GUYS KEEP GETTING THESE CALLS NOTIFY YOUR POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE A COMPLAINT AND CONTACT YOUR STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE TO REPORT HARASSMENT!