Enhanced Services Billing / Unauthorized charges

ESBI is engaged in the business of aggregating records for various service providers and transmitting those records to Local Exchange Carriers. In June 2008, they charged my AT&T account on behalf of Rocket Communication Services, Inc. After numerous hours of phone calls and research, I was finally able to get the fraudulent charges credited back to my account.

I just found out that they have once again submitted a fraudulent charge to my AT&T account this time on behalf of United Tel, LLC in the amount of $16.12.

I did not approve or have any prior knowledge of this MP3S Monthly subscription fee until this bill arrived.

AT&T will not rectify this illegal charge and says by law in the State of California it is legal for fraudulent third party charges be attached to utility bills such as this.

I will be once again be notifying the FCC and California Public Utilities Commission in regards to what ESBI is doing.

Jo

Comments

• Va
      12th of Dec, 2008

In the month of September, I found a charge for a voice mail account from BLVD Network that I did not ask for. I called the phone company, and they told me to call the third party. I called them and they did take the $12.95 charge off, however, the very next month (October), I found another charge for another company called Myiproducts Imail, that I did not authorize.

You can only call Enhanced Services Billing on week days. The lines are quite busy. I am tired of this scam! The two company's and Enhanced Services Billing are doing this illegally and all should be investigated and stopped.

One saving grace here is that if you call your phone company, they have the ability to block all outside miscellaneous charges. Of course no one tells you that unless you ask if there is anything they can do. People who pay their bills without looking at them are getting ripped off royally! This has got to stop!

• Km
      28th of May, 2009

Enhanced Billing Services/MIIPRODUCT imail charged $15.85 onto my ATT phone bill without authorization. I called Att first and they credited my account and put a "block" on the account. They told me to call the company direct to make sure they don't rebill me. When I call EBS they transferred me to "the company that billed me", no names given, which was obviously out of the US. When someone finally answered, they kept asking for my name, address etc. to "verify". I refused to give it because they could use that info a "proof" of authorization. I told them they had to cancel the account and do not recharge me. We'll see what happens next. Someone should force our phone companies to require proof of charges prior to billing you, stopping this "CRAMMING".

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2009
    Enhanced Services Billing - AT&T phone bill
    Ohio

On AT&T billing page 1 $42.69 was automatically taken out of my mother's checking account. I called and complained but they just read off my email, telephone number and name...like that prooved something. If there is a way to get reimbursed for this please email me at bethann43701@yahoo.com

• Mi
      8th of Feb, 2010
    Enhanced Services Billing - unautherized charges
    168 beechtree ln.
    Spruce Pine
    North Carolina
    Phone: 828-765-7572

I noticed I have been charged $15.25 plus tax per month since october of 2009 on my phone bill. I did not authorize this. I enquired about it through my phone company's website before and got no reply. I have just submitted another complaint/dispute...we'll see.

• Cu
      18th of Jan, 2011

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at 24/7mp3s take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-866-709-6557 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.
    Sincerely,