Emirates Group / Emirates.com / skywards

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Dear Emirates,

Hi, I am very disappointed that I called Emirates to book over the phone a flight from Sydney to the Gold Coast to travel on the 02/06/17. Please find below the points of my complaint:

1. I could not book on line which was an inconvenience.
2. Confirmation of booking was received by email
3. I contacted Jetstar to confirm the booking and they confirmed.
4. I attended Jetstar self check in but nothing could be found on the system.
5. I went to the counter and was told my booking was confirmed I had a seat etc then was told it was strange as they was a zero amount to pay.
6. I explained that I used my Skywards points for the flight and they said that the points have not been transferred. My Skywards number is EK [protected]
7. I again stated that my flight was confirmed as by email from Emirates which I produced. They said yes it was confirmed on their system they showed me the screen with zero balance and confirmed.
8. They then spoke to a manager and said on occasions the points are not transferred in time for the flight so I had to pay.
9. I could not fly without paying $177 which I paid despite being told there was no balance to pay.(Please find receipt attached.)
10.I have not been happy since this episode as you can see I have used Emirates numerous times for International Flights and have been very loyal. I am very surprised when I called to complain about this situation I was hung up on and then advised to put my complaint in writing.
11. I have attempted to complete the online complaint form but it is asking for a ticket number which I dont have as I paid at the Jetstar Desk in Sydney. I have contacted them to get a ticket number but they don't have one on record. And therefore cannot help. I am in my 2nd week of trying sort this out and its very frustrating.

Please find attached all relative documentation.

I am looking forward to your response and solution to this awkward situation and compensation for my inconvenience.

Kindest Regards

Paul Townshend (a loyal customer of Emirates)

Pa