Emirates Airline / lack of notification on aircraft changes!

1 Durban, South Africa

I am a skywards member who booked (H2vd5w & egue4b) approximately 4 months ago. I called from my landline no. +[protected] to request assistance with my initial booking as this flight was for myself, wife and my mother. We confirmed that we would be row 12 a, 12b & 12 c. On this date I also requested my wife to be travel coordinator for my flights. Today 11/11/16 I received the emirates mail informing me that I online check in was open however to my horror I discovered that not only were our seats changed but we were no longer siting together!!!
I phoned in to the emirates customer center and spoke to (Mohommed) and we were informed that seats were changed automatically due aircraft changes.

This is my mother's first international flight and I was mortified when your helpdesk (Mohommed) told me that only the middle row was available to sit together. Please check in all our flights that we have booked with emirates over the years we have never ever booked the middle row. This is unacceptable as there was a reason booked row 12 as close to the front to aircraft so she could disembark early and also considering the fact that she is elderly she would not feel claustrophobic as compared to the middle and back of the aircraft.

Kindly advise why we were not notified of these changes? My mother ticket was also booked under my profile and added under "family bonus" so its unacceptable that we inconvenienced to this extent!

If I did not pay attention to seats no. S we would have had a this nasty surprise sprung on us by emirates!

Is this the business ethics that emirates operates? Is this the message you want to send to your first flyer & skywards member

Na