Electrolux / ovens

We bought a high end electrolux high speed oven and matching self cleaning oven and with in 6 months the high speed oven didn't work. We phoned to have it repaired under their 1 year warranty but they said the warranty is invalid because we took the sticker off inside the oven door that has the serial number on it. I've also took the sticker off of the self cleaning oven so they said we will not have a warranty on it either. Why would you put a sticker inside an oven door[ that did not say to not remove] with the heat of the oven? There is no other place on the oven that has the serial number- we have the model number with our receipt but they say that will not cover the warranty. Is there any else we can do? Doreen Smith @ [protected] [ Plus they want us to pay 500.00 for parts ordered and to pay for the service call.]

Comments

• Kn
      2nd of May, 2008
    Electrolux Oven - Not Working
    Electrolux India
    India

There is no contact number for this company. to whom we should contact for service?
    who will take care of this products in Hyderbad?
    let us know.

• Re
      9th of Feb, 2010

Wish I read more about Electrolux before buying--I regret my purchases.
    Their products seem designed well with user in mind.
    I purchased two different high end appliances:
    High Speed Wall Oven (model E30So75FPS)
    Professional Wall Oven (model E3oEW75EPS).
    I have had problems from the start but Electrolux phone customer service is horrible.
    I gave up for awhile but finally got them to issue warranty service.
    Our wall oven does not heat evenly & the High Speed oven sparks and is literally scorching the metal housing sometimes sending lightning bolts thru the unit as it operates.
    Both of the appliances I purchased have significant problems.
    I've had their "top rated" warranty service techs out multiple times.
    Multiple service techs state can't be fixed & need to be replaced.
    Electrolux refuses to act after their techs & engineers determine can't be fixed in the field.
    We've repeated this process multiple times but Electrolux still won't approve replacement.
    One engineer told me to avoid baking pastries and then it won't seem so bad--are they NUTS!
    1) I don't bak pastries. 2) If I wanted to I should be able to do so.
    I was promised I'd have an answer in 2 days & the service tech would personally fight this battle for me--I didn't need to do anything. It's been more than a week and I'm days away from the end of my warranty period and no one will return my calls.

Electrolux has deplorable service and doesn't back up their product---but they are great at taking your money!
    Unless you have money to burn & time to waste don't buy Electrolux products.