EgyptAir / Bad service

1 Egypt Review updated:

I bought a ticket for my son through cheaptickets.com and my son had the worst time in traveling, first of all the egypt airlines flight from beirut to egypt was at 12.45pm they changed the time to 9 pm so he had to wait at airport from 10am to 9pm, then at cairo airport he waited about 18 hours and he had a lot of bad time there because of not caring for his cheked in luggage, he had to search for them and take his bags by himself to the right place and made him pay 150 euros for travel changes, they told him that he has to contact ticket provider for these problems, I contacted cheaptickets customer services and they said that they might not be able to do anything but they'll try?This was the first and last time that I purchase a ticket thru cheaptickets and I will make sure to tell everyone about his ordeal because it was really a hell time and no one can explain it but himself, so here I am writing so everyone knows what to expect at some airports.

Va

Comments

• Go
      25th of Oct, 2008

Dear Sirs,
    I am a frequent flyer of Emirates airlines. I travel to Ghana every three months sometime six business class trips a year.
    This time around I wanted to try out the Egypt air as your airline also flies to Accra, Ghana.
    I boarded the flight MS 969 out of Kuala Lumpur on the 13th October close to midnight. My seat number was 9D. During the flight to Mumbai I was reading some magazines and place my bifocal eye glass on the pillow next to my seat which was vacant.

On touch down I even held the glasses on the seat to make sure it does not fall off, than while the cleaners came in to the aircraft to clean I just dozed off.

When the flight was taking off from Mumbai still in a daze (sleepy), some 5 minutes after take off, I tried looking for the glasses on the seat next to me (which was still vacant), checked rear, under and seat behind my seat etc and did not find glasses. I reported to the Crew (Elderly man) he just shook his head negatively saying he can't do much. I suggested he inform the pilot to inform the Airport in Mumbai as a warning to others who will fall victim to these thieves (posing as cleaners). I had so much problem not being able to read without the glasses although I had another pair in my checked in baggage.

I am very disappointed in the response I received from the crew chief. At the airport in Cairo I expected a pick up instead I was told to go out to the next terminal to obtain my hotel voucher.

The glasses a "Longines" cost me US$ 545.00 and was practically new.

Due to this bad encounter and the hassles I had to go through in Cairo, I purchased new ticket from Emirates Agent in Accra.

I am sending this mail for your office in Mumbai to investigate and to weed out the culprit before the Airline's reputation deteriorates further.

With kind regards,

Godandaram Janaki Ram (G. J. Ram)
    (IAPA Membership # 51639)