EF Educational Tours / rip off!

Do not use or allow your children to use this co. for educational, out of the US, tours. We, myself and 2 sons, were unable to travel to Israel as the war broke out. We were stranded in Switzerland and none of the phone numbers (emergency) worked, had been changed or were not in the infor. packet. Scary, a nightmare, and what if my sons had been alone? I finally (after 1 day) got a hold of EF (by accident), asked for our tickets to be changed to return to the US instead of Isreal. Was told the tickets would be changed and once home was charged $7,770. Which they would not refund, denied any wrong doing. Promised to see some famous spots and did not happen also. Rip off.

Comments

• Vo
      22nd of Mar, 2008

You should contact the Committee for Safety of Foreign Exchange Students: www.csfes.org.

Best of luck to you and your sons.

CSFES Volunteer

• Ah
      10th of Jul, 2008

EF Miami Beach is not a school but it is a night club.There is no control in the school.Nobody checks whether students attend the class or not.In most of the rooms students smoke cigarettes and the air condition takes that smoke to others rooms.It is not allowed to drink alchol in the school building but most of the students are drunk after midnight.I came to this school to improve my english but because of noise I could not study in my room.Students are running and screaming in the coridors and no one cares about it.There are some people in the school who makes fake id for the students under 21 and they charge 20-30 usd from teenagers.Stuff knows this because they go to club with 16-17 years old girls most of the nights.
    If you want to study english never go to EF Miami Beach.

• Gy
      14th of Apr, 2009

EF Tours is not upfront with their ALL INCLUSIVE INSURANCE! I lost $700 due to un for seen job lost and because of things not advertised when they try to sell it to you, I lost my money. They just lost a customer.

• Bo
      18th of Nov, 2009

I agree this company is a ripoff. Their contracts are 1-sided (they win, you lose) with variable pricing. They expect you to pay for price increases (surcharges) and to pay $85 for cancellation insurance (which is not refunded) and say your price includes insurance but yet say they're not liable for any injuries. They're charging $1000 for a bus ride & 2 night stay in Chicago...they're only a 6 hr drive from here! You'd think we're traveling to Abu Dhabi. I'm sure they're laughing all the way to the bank.

• Ga
      18th of Nov, 2015

I booked an educational tour with EF as part of a school sponsored trip. The tour was to go to Paris. I purchased trip insurance as part of the package. Due to the terror attacks in Paris, I cancelled the trip and was told that I would lose 50% of the cost of the trip for cancelling and that the trip insurance did not cover the terror attacks. Never again!!