Ebuyer UK / Good service

United States Review updated:
Ebuyer UK
Just a quick review to say that I swear by ebuyer. Super site from a design / usability / price point of view. User reviews are the main way to decide about what to buy. Some problems with late delivery in the past, but customer support is always OK.

D  3rd of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I used to think they were good.
However, they have just lied about their responsibilities under the Sale of Goods Act - until I usefully contacted ConsumerDirect.
Now having accepted a return for a 4 month old PC - I'm being told that it is "Physically Damaged" - and therefore NOT covered by warranty.
I have accidental damage house insurance - and they say that I should claim on that. However, I didn't damage it - and that doesn't seem right.
After 6 years of good service from EBuyer - they have gone from Hero to Zero in one move!
N  25th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have used ebuyer for many years with only the odd problem. But last year I had a package missing from one of my orders, so sent an enote, as it was stated all enote are responded to within 2 working days. After 3 w/days and no reply, I sent a second enote. This was also ignored. So I sent a third and final enote, stating that if they did not respond within the stated time I would accept their ignorance as an agreement on my part. Surprise surprise, they responded, saying that the item was not sent due to insufficient stock and that they have refunded me for the item. At this point I figured it was all sorted. But when doing my accounts recently (7 months after the event) I have found that I never did receive a refund for the missing item, so I have just started chasing them again and will update when I get a reply from them.

On a different note, I ordered some goods recently which were sent by Parcel Force. I received an email from Ebuyer saying my order had been despatched, but after a few days and no delivery I decided to chase it up. When I tried to track my package(s) online I kept receiving a message on the Parcel Force website saying it is not possible to track the consignment. I contacted Ebuyer (0871 number at probably 15p minute) and found myself on hold for some time. I was told that as it was from a satellite warehouse it would be delivered to Ebuyers main warehouse before being forwarded to me (seemed a bit strange, but what do I know!). After a few more days and no delivery, I phoned again. This time I was told they would look into it and phone me back within an hour. Guess what, no call back! So, the next day I phoned again, and was told the same thing, they would phone back. To which I replied, "I was told that yesterday, and nothing happened", to which I was 'promised' I would get a call back. Guess what, no call back (again). So, the next day I again made another call. This time I was getting a little bit stressed and was told to calm down! The cheek of it! I was told this time that Parcel Force had delivered the order some time earlier (before I even made the first call apparantly), and that it had been signed for by me! This was not possible as I was away on business at the time and date of delivery and there was no-one in my house at the time. I asked for a copy of the Proof of Delivery as I was willing to take it to court, so I was put on hold. On resuming the call I was told that there was in fact no signature after all. This is an unbelievably devious thing to try and do. I will be persuing this one for loss of earnings, stress and the cost of my calls, because I have been repeatedly lied to. Will update on this one soon as well.
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by
ebuyer.com have stolen £499 of my money by telling me to send a faulty TV back saying they would refund it, and to advise me to choose another TV to purchase. I purchased a new TV for £499, and sent the faulty one back.

A week later ebuyer sent the original TV back, saying they had fixed it.

So on their advise, I purchase a brand new TV because they told me the original would be refunded.

Not only that, but the one they fixed, was sent back and they had bent the frame and stand. They decided to hide the whole incident under the carpet, so not only did I have to spend an extra £499 for a new TV, but the old TV was returned bent.

A  4th of Nov, 2009 by
I bought a desktop from ebuyer. When it arrived I found that the memory included in the desktop was different from that specified in their description. I started an enote (the only way of contacting them other than paying exorbitant phone charges) asking them to resolve the issue. Customer service replied eventually with a copy and paste reply that was completely irrelevant to my query. I replied again, asking for a direct reply. This happened a couple more times, with an average of a week and a half between replies. Finally, after about 6 weeks I received an email saying that they couldnt help me, and asking me to email presales instead. I did that and waited another month with no response at all. I then emailed the complaints department at an address I found online, which was also ignored.

Basically ebuyers service is extremely poor so if you expect any after sales service then you're out of luck.

eBuyer UK Logo eBuyer UK