Easirent / unethical charges for rental car
I rented a car from Easirent from 25/7/17 to 31/7/17 at the following address : ER TRAVEL SERVICES LTD EASIRENT BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT C/O CROWNE PLAZA NEC PENDIGO WAY, BIRMINGHAM . I have rented cars from around the world and I must say that this has been my absolute worst car rental experience in my life. I have never dealt with a Company that actually tries to cheat the customer. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to read the reviews before I rented the car, as I read now that several customers have faced the same plight as I have. I never thought that one would find people of such dishonesty in the UK, but this experience has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. The business model of this company is to rip customers off and make money, rather than do it the old fashioned way by being honest and scrupulous.
When I went to first rent the car I got the first whiff that something was not right. They forced me to leave a GBP 1250 deposit on my card. The guy behind the counter told me that I could reduce the deposit only by buying insurance at GBP 150. The car was quite dirty on the outside and the front left side was completely scratched and dented. This was circled in my sheet (have a photograph).
When I returned the car at 6 am in the morning it took me almost an hour to finish the paperwork. They ripped me off for the following issues which I know I had not caused.
1. 2 Stone chips on windscreen : The car windscreen was quite dirty to begin with. The two dots were not visible to the naked eye. One had to run a finger over the windscreen to notice the dot. Unless one knew of this problem it could not have been noticed. When I asked the inspector where the dot was he asked me to run my finger over the spot to feel it. In all the time that I drove around I never noticed any stone chips hitting the car. I think this is just a scam as there was no way I could have noticed this at the time of renting the car.
Charge: GBP 180
2. Minor abrasion to Drivers Door edge: This was a small scratch along the side of the door hardly 1 mm long. I know I did not do this because the car was parked in my Doctor friends house for all the days and there was nothing around with ample car parking space. Again this could not have been noticed at the time of renting the car, unless one used a magnifying glass.
Charge: GBP 95
3. Front Alloy wheel scratch: This was the same side were the entire from side portion was dented and scratched. It is impossible that the scratch from the side did not extend to the alloy wheel also in the first place. For me to notice such a small scratch is just ridiculous, when the side of the car is so scratched up.
Charge: GBP 100
Besides this I was also charged an admin fee of GBP 50.
Total charges : GBP 425
When I brought the car in at 6 am, I was first made to wait as the inspector told the attendant there were some problems and they both went away for about 1/2 hour. When they returned they told me about these problems and the total amount of the charges. I know they knew that I have a flight to catch and was anxious to get going. They also know on such issues I have no defence as these are such minuscule issues, which cannot be noticed by the naked eye. I think their only intention is to make money through this route and rip customers off. Countless customers have pointed this point out in their complaints.
The guy behind the desk was like a robot and was totally unresponsive to my pleas. The inspector is where the initial problem lies. I think he is trained to find issues like this on helpless customers.
They are just a big fraud company and all the employees need to be behind bars for acting like criminals. How can something like this be allowed to go on?
My advise : NEVER RENT FROM EASIRENT. THEY ARE A SCAM AND FRAUD COMPANY OUT TO MAKE MONEY. THEY WILL HAVE YOUR MONEY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER AND WILL RIP YOU OFF NO MATTER WHAT. THEY CORNER THE CUSTOMER INTO A SITUATION AND THERE IS NO ESCAPE. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.
More Easirent Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Easirent - not warned of administrative fee
- Easirent Heathrow Airport - UK - money raising extortion style 
- easirent.com - asked me to pay for broken car 
- [Resolved] Easirent - easirent
- Easyrent - unauthorized credit card charges and unethical behaviour
- Easirent - extra charges
- Easirent - insurance rip off
- Easirent - rental car issue
- easirent.com - nightmare! charged me for damage I didn't cause.
- Easirent - my worst experience