Early Moments/ Beginning Reader's Program / unsolicited books

2-5 LA, United States Review updated:

Two books were sent to my son, thin Dr. Seuss books I might have found at the dollar store, along with a bill for over$25. I emailed them to tell them if they wanted their unsolicited shipment back, to send me prepaid postage. Weeks later, they did, so I sent the books back within a day of recieving the postage. Receiving bill now addressed to me, instead of my son. Called their number and lady indicated she had no way of knowing if I'd sent books back. Sounds like a scam to me. My mistake- should have insisted on prepaid CERTIFIED mail postage.

• Tori62593's Response, Dec 30, 2017

I live in Tennessee not California

• Teresa sharp's Response, Dec 20, 2018

Cancel order

De

Comments

• Ka
      6th of Jun, 2009

I found a charge of $9.98 on my credit card bill from them that I did not authorize along with 7 other fraudulent charges from other companies.

• Un
      24th of Jul, 2009

I agree.. This company is aweful. I used this company about 7 years ago to order books for my daughter and had issues with them not shipping books as promised. We I decided to give them another try and I ordered the early reader Dr Seuss books for my son for his birthday. I thought I ordered them early enough (back in May) this birthday was July 15th, because they had already charged my credit card but never shipped the books. I contacted customer service by email and the same day I was told that they reshipped the books (that day). I still didn't received the books so I contacted them again by email and was told that they didn't ship yet. I called their 1800 number and the customer service rep was really rude and said that the books shipped out "today" and that their isn't anything she can do.. I asked to speak to a superviser and finally she helped me.. The books never shipped and wasn't going to because I cancelled my account. She gave me a refund because these books were already paid for. (she said I will get my check in 4 to 6 weeks. (it didn't take them that long to charge my credit card)
    I also had credit card issues of them charging my credit card for things that I did not authorize them to charge. I ended up having to have my CC reissued after I cancelled my subscription with this company because of the unauthorized charges. NEVER NEVER USE THIS COMPANY... THEY ARE JUST AWEFUL

• Ve
      30th of Oct, 2009

Oh ain't I the smart one for getting on-line to do a little research on the IMP company!! I had received an offer from IMP for the Great American Recipes collection and even sent out and received the introductory package (first 3 12 card packets) for the price of shipping only. Then every 3 weeks I was to receive ( 3 ) more packets at a time for $.7.95 plus $1.57 shipping or (1 ) packet at a time plus $3.47 shipping. I was just at the website and getting ready to pay the $1.57 using my card and noticed that the security lock had a warning signal icon over it. Thank goodness I put it down and did a little google'ing for information. I'll pay their little shipping charge with a money order and cancel my account. Do you think I should even send them that? I was just reading the fine print on the back of the bill regarding checks:
    "We process all checks electronically, when possible. By submitting a check for payment, you authorize us to initiate an electronic debit from your bank account. When we process your check electronically it will be shredded and you will not receive the cancelled check with your back account statement"
    Glad I only do debit! No checks to get their grubby little hands in my back account.

• He
      15th of Nov, 2009

Ha you guys are funny.. Charges dont just magically appear on your card.. Companies dont have time to search for your information to place orders for you and charge you for them and then send them to your home.. More than likely you got click happy online for a free offer of some kind that you didnt read the fine lines for.. Dont bash a company if you dont know how they operate.. As for those of you that think you've used Early Moments in the past or more than a year ago try again. This company has only been shipping since Feb 2009.. So Scholastic would have been the company before then, so Early Moments wouldnt be the ones that messed up any information. A little inside information next time your online read what you "THINK" is free and dont put credit card information into a computer and then claim it as fraud.. It then becomes your problem not the companies

• We
      18th of May, 2011

Thank god for this site, or I might have fallen for this one right along with y'all. Hard to pass up good deals on books for your kids. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to not look around for info on the websites/companies making these so called good deals.

• Ju
      16th of Jun, 2011

I would like to go on record by stating that I USED to work for the company in question, IMP, as a customer service representative, and I am here to tell you that there are many different things that you can do to get instant satisfaction with this company almost 100% of the time. I know the inside and outside workings of this company, from the CSR's perspective. Ive heard just about every single complaint there is to hear, and all of the things I've read here so far are actual situations I've taken care of for people before.

First of all, when ordering anything from IMP you are indeed getting a "starter kit" of whatever product you are looking to buy, for an introductory price (which is usually low). If you do NOT respond after receiving this first kit, you will receive up to 3 more shipments, and be billed for them, at the regular price. If you still do not respond, the shipments are cancelled until you do, and you receive a bill.

If you were to call to cancel this subscription, the CSR you speak to will do everything in their power to get you to continue this collection. They will try auto-billing your debit or credit card, trying to get you to receive more shipments every three or six, or even nine weeks, or trying to sell you the product in bulk at a discounted rate. If you truly want nothing more shipped and billed to you, make sure the CSR understands that you are here to cancel and to save their breath about any "special offers".

And, about IMP's collections; the average size of it. The Complete Guide To Natural healing has a total of around 1000, that's right, 1000 individual cards which are shipped in packets of 12 each. The average cost (last I knew) was $8.95 per packet, and there are 90 packets in the set. $8.95 x 90 packets is... you do the math... and they don't tell you what the whole set will cost in any of their literature concerning ANY of their products. Who has the money to spend over EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS for a collection of things you can look up online or your local library FOR FREE????????

Also, IMP makes most of its money by SELLING HOME ADDRESSES AND EMAIL ADDRESSES to other companies that want to sell you stuff. And you WILL get these offers in the mail constantly. If you do decide to order anything, make SURE they know in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that you do NOT want your private info sold to anyone else.

If you're really unhappy with something that should not have occurred and you don't feel you're getting anywhere legitimately, ask to speak to a supervisor immediately. It is your right as a consumer to have your problem fixed. If that still doesn't get you anywhere, threaten legal action or the Better Business Bureau, or the State Attorney General. That will definitely get their attention. But over all else, keep your temper in check and refrain from cursing at the person you speak to. That will get you a one-way ticket to being hung up on. Hopefully this information was useful.

• Ph
      31st of May, 2012

I have threatened them with my lawyer and asked the person that I am speaking to if they know that what they are doing is illegal. They have refused to transfer me to the head of the department when asking the "supervisor" to even leave a message for them to call me back. They insist that I owe them for a product that I do not have and that they have admitted having in their companies possession! I have found multiple lawsuits for fraud etc for this company by googling International Masters Publishers. I am now unsure where to go except to talk to my lawyer about a class action suit as have previously been done because I cannot afford the legal fees for just myself compared to the $150 they are charging me for 2 shipments of Ancient Civilizations that was returned to them. I have been able to successfully cancel the process but they are still insisting that I owe them money for something that I do not have. I appreciate everyone's input on this site, even those that are calling other people stupid which I do not believe that they have been because it does confirm to me that most people only believe what has only happened to them personally.

• Vi
      1st of Mar, 2018

@Phoenix Nurse You have to read them and actually look at the offer clearly. Duh. You're making yourself look like a fool. I read the t+c and clearly understood they were a subscription service. People like you make a good company like Early Moments look bad cause you're too lazy to take a whole minute to read terms and conditions. Wow congratulations. You're a fool

You would be surprised by the stuff you see in all company's t+c's. They are the LEAST of your worries hun. Until you pay attention and grow up and own up to your actions, you're no better than a raging toddler who couldn't get their way.

Once you click that you agree, you are authorizing every charge and are giving them permission legally. Once you click that button, you state you have read them and understand them. If you don't and just click you are still agreeing cause you clicked the box. That covers their butts cause you have to agree to put in any payment info. Sorry not sorry

You can't sue for your own actions

25th of Jun, 2015

This is a fraud company. They took our credit card details from the order which we placed for a promotional offer and started charging us every month. As we were in the process of relocating (moving out of the country) we did not notice these charges. When noticed and asked them they refused to process the refund. We did not receive the books as well as we left the country. The max they agreed to is to cancel the membership and not charge my card again.
    They are a big cheat company. Never order stuffs from them. They should be taken out of business.

• Yo
      30th of Apr, 2018

Hi there everyone,

I'm writing on behalf of Early Moments to apologize for any confusion! When you ordered your deeply discounted packages, that was a welcome package for new subscribers. Our membership was explained at checkout and you would have had to check "agree" in order to purchase the welcome offer. Now, we understand that busy parents occasionally don't have the time or bandwidth and miss the details, so we're always happy to help you manage your subscription. We'll need more information in order to help you, so please email us at customercare@earlymoments.com, call 1-866-984-0188 or send us a Facebook message with your email address and we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks!
    Jamie, Community Manager

• Su
    Early Moments - Dr. Seuss shipments
    Montoursville
    Pennsylvania
    EarlyMoments.com

You are sending me shipments I did not sign up for. I will pay for January but not February. You are sending every three weeks. CANCEL!

12/30/17, 1/17/18, 2/7/18
    Account number: 204599435-217
    For Karev Loacker
    JAMES LOACKER
    PO BOX 1103
    MANZANITA, OR 97130-1103

From Susan Calhoun, wife.

• Le
    Early Moments - I ordered add at the thousand dollar gift card MasterCard Visa

I ordered the $1000 gift card Visa I bought the Dr. Suess books prizes books it wouldn't let me go past the page after I orderedI have no idea if I have will revive it or not or if my card will be charged extra I need counter service number I never received the email either so I would please like someone to contact me at my email address

• Au
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Early Moments - Cancel subscription. No more books.

Acct:204770408-217
    For Amelia Couvillon
    ANGELA COUVILLON
    550 ERASTE LANDRY ROAD APT. 225
    LAFAYETTE, LA 70506-2337

I do not want the books so please stop sending them.

• Ta
    Early Moments - Dr Seuss
    Winston Salem, North Carolina
    Earlymoments.com

Been trying to call to cancel the "subscription" that i dont want. The number they provide does not work. Scam! Do not fall for their 4 books for a dollar scam!

• Je
    Early Moments - customer serive
    Canada

i call today and i said no way to canada the laby wasnt nice to me she said go botton of page and click on canada flag went i went on site no canada flag on thier site so i can order to canada i not live in usa plz help thanks johanna eamil back jvanrooy@email.com

• Sc
    Early Moments Scam - Books I don’t want. Baby Einstein
    Internet scam
    Earlymoments.com

What a HORRIBLE company. Run like your hair is on fire 🔥 These Thieves will rob your money and keep doing it every month. Go to hell Early Moments where you came from. F-N a-holes.

• Me
    Early Moments - WANT my money back
    Glens Falls
    New York
    kkenyon731@gmail.com

You guys took money out of my account. $21.96 I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS NOR HAVE I RECEIVED ANY BOOKS!!! You did this back I January or February, I thought issue was resolved. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! AND I WANT THIS CRAP CANCELLED AGAIN!!! YOUR 1(800) 353-3410 NUMBER IS RIDICULOUS!! IT DOESN'T WORK. FIX IT!!!

NOT SO HAPPY
    MELISSA KENYON

28th of Aug, 2018
    Early Moments - Dr Suess 4 book offer. Cat in the Hat,plus 3 others.
    elmira
    New York

Purchased this offer with the understanding I could cancel at any time. Grandson not interested in them. I wish to unsubscribe at this time. Please.do not charge any more bills to my account. Thank you

Marvin Hollister, 209 morrow.st, Elmira, NY.
    Bhracer17@gmail.com

• Dk
    Early Moments - Books. Shipment ID:2182425790
    Urbandale
    Iowa

I would like to cancel whatever you signed me up for. I would like to return the books you send me again also.
    I will need to know what address and where I can get a postal stamp from you.
    My email is dkleinpeter95@gmail.com
    Send me an email about the information about.
    Thanks,

• La
    Early Moments - 3.95 deal
    Merkel
    Texas

I'm being charge 21.96 for a membership I did not subscribe to. It isn't fair that I order five books for 3.95 and then I'm still charged the 21.96 for a member ship I did not sign up for.

1st of Sep, 2018
    Early Moments - Dr.seuss books
    Twin Falls
    Idaho

I'm getting charged 21$ on my bank account for dr.seuss books I never even ordered. My number is 2084201747