Eagle Warranty / Service

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I agree!! Don't waste your money buying this warranty! Their customer service is the worst I've ever had to deal with a so called professional company. Their payments are slow-so the mechanic will hold your car hostage until they pay their portion, which on a $1600 transmission job ends up being $200? What's wrong with this picture? Read the fine print!!! Don't get sucked in likeI did!!

Je

Comments

• Tr
      23rd of Jun, 2009

These people suck! They must train their staff to be this rude. They have not payed yet. They lie. No one will ever return a call after a month of leaving messages for any information on my account. I am calling the attorney generals office in PA. Don't buy this warranty.

1st of Aug, 2009

THIS IS THE WORST WARRANTY COMPANY YOU CAN EVER DEAL WITH, I HAVE A REPAIR SHOP AND I HAVE DEALT WITH A LOT OF WARRANTY COMPANIES .

THIS IS ONE IS THE WORST !!! . CUSTOMERS GET MAD AT AT THE SHOP FOR TAKING SO LONG ON GETTING THERE CAR BACK, IT TAKES ALMOST 2 DAYS JUST TO START THE CLAIM, 2 DAYS TO SAY YES OR NO IF THE CLAIM IS COVERED, UP TO 3 MONTHS TO GET PAID ON THE CLAIM, BY THIS TIME YOU HAVE ALREADY SHOT YOURSELF.

THEY DON'T PAY THE FULL MECHANICS LABOR.

STAY AWAY, IF THE DEALER SHIP IS SELLING YOU AN EAGLES WARRANTY, LOOK FOR ANOTHER DEALER. THE DEALER SHOULD KNOW WHAT A CHEEZY WARRANTY THEY ARE SELLING YOU.

• Ed
      8th of Aug, 2009

I could not agree more.
    Eagle Warranty has not responded to any of my correspondence or telephone calls. Despite the best efforts of my mechanic, they have not reimbursed me one penny for towing or engine replacement costs.
    Absolutely the worst warranty experience I have had with anything, ever.
    I hope someone takes these guys down, hard.

• He
      26th of Aug, 2009

By far the most unprofessional warranty company I have ever delt with. My recomendation for anyone purchasing a warranty offered by a dealer that Eagle is the carrier, reconsider ! The dealer benefits because they wash their hands from responsibility and make a small percentage on the contract. Eagle benefits because they recieve your money. You loose! How? Let me explain! Your car needs repair. You take your car to your normal repair facility (the guy you always use). He wants to repair your car the correct way so he can stand behind it. You go here knowing you have some finacial responsibilty with a deductable. He checks the car calls Eagle they agree to pay a small protion of the repair. Why?How? They pay a sub standard labor rate! A rate that does not allow the shop to perform the job correctly, with the right tools, or an educated and trained technician. They expect the shop to use a considerably less than original equiptment quality part. If you are going to a reputable shop and expecting a good job without compromise. You will be held responsible for additional payment! Or you will have to comprimise. Even after comprimise you will be expected to pay because Eagle doesn't issue payment for to the repair shop for 4 to 6 weeks after completion of the job. (Thats what they tell you) 10 weeks later you are still waiting for payment! This is standard operating procedure for them. We deal with warranty companies everyday at our shop, and our customers have the most difficulty with Eagle.

• Gt
      28th of Aug, 2009

Everything said here is true. I am sitting on hold right now I have been fro 20 minutes this is after I have left voice mails for a month. I have never been treated this poorly by any company in my life. If anyone knows of a way to get the word out to potential buys let me know I want to help everyone avoid this JOKE of a company.

• Ga
      1st of Sep, 2009

I am a former employee of this company. I worked there for 8 years after being let go (pay cuts so he can have more money to waste). Lets just put it this way- the owner has absolutely NO money management skills whatsoever, and is running this company into the ground. There is NO MONEY to pay bills, and I feel horrible for all of the customers that have been scammed, and while I worked there, I was one employee that did my best to satisfy the customers (if it was possible with all of the other crap service in that office). So, coming from a former employee...please do not waste your hard earned money.

• Ke
      9th of Sep, 2009

My name is Keith Billington. Well let me get on this list of complainers. 3 months ago I had work done at my repair shop under this so called warrenty company. It took 2weeks for there ajuster Derrick to come out to see if the car would even be covered. Then a week later the work was approved, but for less money then the repairs shop was requesting. 2 week later the repair shop calls and tells me I have to cover the 1600.00 bill, because he couldn't wait the 2-3 months it will take to get paid. So of course I had to pay the repair shop, beings I need my car for work. The rental car was getting to be to much. I have been on the phone with Eagle warrenty comp. at least once a week, some times 2-3 times in a week. Most of the time I'd get the receptionist to a recording machine, or transfered to another person who put you on hold to be transfered to a recording machine. I even got to talk to ( I'm not sure own/manager ) JOE who intern transfered me to accounting/a recording machine. So today I tried a new approach. When I spoke to the receptionist, I informed her of my lawyer and his name. I also informed her that we would be starting a class action law suit, and with all the names on this website alone, that it would be no problem at all. With in about 40 seconds Nancy from accounting was on the line, telling me that they (Eagle warrenty) was running a little behind, but the check would be cut by Sept. 17-18. With that I said" so I should see the check in about 10 days or by the 28th of Sept. and she said YES. So with that I said thank you! Any car dealership dealing with this company should be avoided, because with this kind of warrenty problems, HOW GOOD CAN THE CAR DEALERSHIP BE ??????????

• Lz
      13th of Oct, 2009

PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR PAYMENT FOR 10 MONTHS. THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS OR EVEN CONNECT ME WITH A LIVE VOICE. I JUST KEEP LEAVING MESSAGES, AND AFTER 101 MONTHS THATS MANY. THE REPAIR SHOP NOW WANTS ME TO PAY THE REMAINING OF THE BILL WHICH IS 678.00 I ALREADY PAID 400.00. SO AFTER 10 MONTHS OF WAITING I EXSPECT NOTHING. AS SHOULD EVERYONE WITH THIS WARRANTY. ITS CRAP AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I CAN...

• Cn
      13th of Nov, 2009

I too am a former employee. Take the advice of the other former employee: the company ownership and management team couldn't properly run a lemonade stand! The management structure currently in place is not mentally equipped to handle a company of this magnitude. Only in this firm can an executive secretary with no formal business education, lack of common sense, and a checkered past of their own make decisions that affect thousands of consumers daily! Many of the former employees were left to deal with the commitments of a both a "party animal" and "completely clueless" ownership team that made horrible decisions on a daily basis while never showing up to explain the decisions. Do not delay, get in line for money owed to you for when the Chapter 11 bell tolls, you may be left in the cold!

• 1m
      19th of Nov, 2009

yea so i actually havent had a problem with this company(so i thought) b/c my mechanic was doing the work and giving me my car back without receiving payment.
    well 3 months since the last time i had work done i stroll into his shop an he stops me at the door saying eagle has filed chapter 11 and they owe him almost $10, 000.

come to find no shop in my area code and god knows how far beyond will accept a claim from eagle. the messed up part is i still owe about 1, 500 on my supposed "3 year warranty"...FML!

• Vi
      1st of Dec, 2009

My name is Vinay Shankar. I face the same issues as most of you do ie., non payment. I already paid the mechanic $2100 to fix my transmission but havent got paid back or any calls back.
    Can somebody please tell me if they got paid their money back? Also, is it true this company has gone bankrupt? If yes, is anybody aware of a class action suit against the company?
    Can somebody please help? I would like to get my money back or at least part of it.

Thanks
    Vinay Shankar
    camvinay@gmail.com

• La
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I AGREE WITH EVERYONE. I BOUGHT A WARRANTY WITH THIS COMPANY WITHOUT CHECKING IT OUT FIRST. WELL A COUPLE MONTHS LATER, MY TRANSMISSION WENT OUT. I HAD TO PAY OUT OF POCKET OVER 6, 000.00 AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR 4, 400.00 THIS COMPANY WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY. I CALL AND CALL AND THEY COULD CARE LESS. THEY WILL NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE OCT. 27TH THEN TOLD ME NOV. 5TH THEN TOLD ME NOV. 25TH THAT MY CHECK WOULD BE MAILED. WELL, ITS NOW DECEMBER AND NO CHECK. THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY. UNPROFFESIONAL AND THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT? UNREAL!!! I'M GONNA STAY ON THIS AND TRY AND GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND GET AN ATTORNEY IF I HAVE TO. BUT THEY STILL DON'T SEEM TO CARE WHEN YOU TELL THEM THIS. PEOPLE..PLEASE LISTEN! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING THIS WARRANTY OUT---DON'T!!! PLEASE DON'T!!! I WILL DO MY BEST TO EXPOSE THEM THE BEST I CAN. WE ALL NEED TO TRY AND DO THIS!!! LETS GET TOGETHER AND EXPOSE THEM!!!

• La
      4th of Dec, 2009

HEY EVERYONE...FOUND OUT SOME CONTACT INFO. THE PRESIDENT/CEO IS NAMED CHUCK...EXT. 2980...MOBILE 570-954-0140. CHUCK@EAGLEWARRANTY.COM. BUT I TRIED IT AND YOU STILL GET THE SAME THING. MAYBE AT LEAST WE CAN DO IS DRIVE HIM CRAZY WITH PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW WE CAN START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? THEY OWE ME ALMOST 4, 400.00 AND I'M SICK OF CALLING AND CALLING AND GETTING LIED TO AND PUT ON HOLD FOR NOTHING. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? PLEASE POST THEM. THANKS

• Bu
      4th of Dec, 2009

I recently took my car in because of a transmission repair. The shop said I needed a new transmission, even though the code was showing I needed a clutch pack. Eagle Warranty said that since the code was clutch pack, that was all they would do, and agreed to pay for part of the clutch pack. The car was still messing up after that, and the shop once again said it was an internal problem and I needed a new transmission, even though the computer code was showing an electronic failure. Eagle said that my warranty didn't cover electronic components on the transmission, so I had to pay $3, 000 out of pocket to fix that. Guess what, the car still didn't work, the shop said the same thing they'd been saying the whole time, you need a new transmission. Then you know what happened, Eagle said they wouldn't pay for it because the original diagnosis was incorrect. WHAT BS!!! On top of that, they didn't pay the shop the $1, 400 they were supposed to for the other job, so I had to pay to get my car back, which still didn't work, and I couldn't afford the $7, 000 it was going to cost for labor and a new transmission. I ended up trading it in for salvage the same day I picked it up since it only made it 20 miles from the shop before the transmission completely tanked. A car that I should have gotten $9-10K for on trade in, I got $2, 500 because of crapped transmission that the warranty I purchased wouldn't pay for. The way I look at it, I'm out $4, 400 in repairs plus $7, 000 in lost value on a car. IF A CLASS ACTION COMES UP, I'M IN, AND I WANT' TO GET MY $11, 400 BACK!!!

9th of Dec, 2009

I am going to file a complaint in the State of Texas with the Dept of Licensing and Regulation, because they haven't paid me either. I hate wasting my time on this but they only give you the runaround when you call them.

• Sh
      10th of Dec, 2009

I have been waiting for my check for 5 months. I have been calling for 4 months and never once a call back. What a waste of money this has been. Everyone that has posted is correct this company and employees could care less about you. Chad at ext. 2107 will help you so everyone call him! Not really but he answers his phone at least which is better than Holly I don't even think she really works there. Good luck to everyone I have already filed a claim with the Attorney General in PA which you can do online so everyone do that and maybe we can get our money.

• De
      11th of Dec, 2009

I just called and the answering machine says that the company is closed at this time. After several months we still have not gotten our $ 1350. And it looks like we are not going to now. Please someone start a class action.

• Ri
      11th of Dec, 2009

We were waiting to get paid on a claim from May 2009. The claim amount was for $144.00. I know our outstanding claim was petty, however, we had repair shops that we referred our customers to and these poor guys are owed thousands. One shop is owed over $6500. LOL Dear ol' HOLLY had a story everytime I called her. In late 2008 is when all of this started. First it was their new computer system. That was the story for a few months. Then the story was, it was two girls in the accounts payable were not doing there job, they were fired and the new girls were trying to get things caught up. Everyone told me the same story, even my deal rep. ERIC. Shortly thereafter, I just it off as bad debt. Then my customers and repair shops started calling us, telling "They are not paying"(Eage Warranty). I called my rep again, and he was very persasive, reassuring us that everyting was ok with the company. I told him and HOLLY enough is enough! We stopped giving their warranty to our customers. I have actual dates and times that I spoke with HOLLY of her sending out the checks. One conversation she told me " We are all working this saturday to catch up on sending out the checks". I know she was only do her job, but she like ERIC and CHUCK were only looking out for themselves. Our dealership has given Eagle Warranty thousands and thousands of dollars over a almost 7 year span, and this what we get in return. I know CHUCK is allset. I know ERIC enjoyed many lavish vacations on us and all the local dealers that contributed with the sale of his warranties. I hope they all get what they have coming. SLEEP WELL CHUCK, ERIC! AND HOLLY!!! A DISGUSTED CAR DEALER FROM RHODE ISLAND!

• Be
      17th of Dec, 2009

I, too, have been waiting since May 2009 for a refund check. Having not received the check, I called and spoke with a woman in Accounting. She explained someone in the accounting area had not been sending out checks since January and there was a huge backlog. My check was to have been sent in July, then August and then September(she even gave me a check number for tracking!) I received the check in November. It bounced. I have called repeatedly with no response. I have now contacted the States Atty General for PA, hoping to apply some pressure. No luck yet. This company looks to be going down for the count, what happens to all of us hanging in the wind?????

• Ks
      18th of Dec, 2009

I can't even get through to anyone at Eagle. The recorded message just says that they are closed. Does anyone know if they went out of buisness? I an definetly in for a class action law suit!