DVD Donkey / Charged me $95.32, sent nothing!

United States Review updated:
DVD Donkey is a scam. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

On 9/16/07 I purchased Karloff's Thriller series for $68.99. DVD Donkey added $19.19 for shipping and then added a surprise fee of $7.14 as a "system charge for processing fee of card," total charge 95.32. They did respond when I asked them about the charges, but then as the weeks dragged on and I sent emails asking when I would receive shipment, they ignored me.

Today is 11/6/07 and I have received no replies to my messages and have received no merchandise. I am disputing the charge via my credit card company.

Comments

Ju
  14th of Nov, 2007
Ordered on 10/01/07. Never received merchandise. All attempts to rectify the matter was met with a run around. I was given a shipping tracking number fro canadapost.ca to track ship and it was invalid. I went several times to their "chatroom" and talked with a Karen, Jen and Maria. Said it was shipped 30 Oct and tho their website said it would take 12 -14 days they changed it to 12-14 days from "shipping date" not order date. Also customer service phone numbers were futile. Just saying "no one was available". I'm out $127 and want a refund or at least get these people off the websit.
Ra
  16th of Nov, 2007
I ordered the latest DVD of Los Panchos entitled "LOS ANOS DORADOS DEL TRIO LOS PANCHOS". Firstly, the contents are compilations from ancient movies in which Los Panchos appeared. The video is terrible, and the audio is also out of sync and out of tune. I would consider this the worst purchase which I have ever made.

Raul!
Ta
  8th of Dec, 2007
I placed an order for the dvd box set of 5 seasons of Ed back on 11/11/07 and have yet to receive the product. I've tried calling the customer service number and emailing for status and have gotten nowhere. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They also charged me more than what I thought I was paying. My receipt was for $88.18 and they charged my credit card $95.32. I just finished filing a dispute with my credit card company.
Be
  26th of Jan, 2008
I guess, I too, have been scammed. I purchased a TV series (relunctantly) and my bank account was immediately charded 110.98. I received an email about a week later saying the item is backordered. I sent 3 emails asking how long it would be backordered to which I have received no reply. I cannot seem to get anyone at the number provided. I am writing the BBB and disputing with my bank (debit/credit card), but I'm sure I will not be refunded as I used my debit card. I DO NOT LIKE the fact that such a frudulent and irreputable company has such private information on me regarding my bank account. Please do not just voice a complaint here... voice your complaint with the BBB, too.