Duke Energy / power

1 Spartanburg, SC, United States

Would like to complain about the recent power outage that has happened because of the snow storm that started 12/8/18. On several occasions Duke Energy was called to get updates on the outage in my parents neighborhood. On all occasions I was told there were not updates and that I would be notified as soon as the power was on. My parents are in their late 80's and one has demetia. I was never notified that their power was back on. I found out by going to their residence. I was told every time that I called that I would be notified on my cell phone and they recited the number to me. I never received a text and still have not. Not sure about your system but it does not work. The map on line was not accurate either. Then when you see duke energy employees in an Ingles parking lot throwing snow balls doesn't look good. I also work for a clinic that patients need dialysis and the power at the clinic is still not on. A medical facility should get priority. We understand we are not the only people without power but very frustrating when system does not work.

Di