DriverAgent.com / Bad Product & Service

Hi,

I was trying to reinstall the operating system on my computer. DriverAgent.com preyed upon my frustration at finding drivers for my operating system. They said that they had the drivers I needed after running a scan on my computer. When I paid they forced me to buy other products that I did not want. Should have been a sign. I was happy to spend the money to get my computer working. However, once I had paid and downloaded the drivers that they suggested, it turns out that the drivers were not even close to what I needed.

I promptly emailed asking for a refund. They stalled by sending unhelpful emails back and forth. Finally they gave me a link to their "refund" form. I filled out the form and did not hear anything for a month. When I sent an email asking what happened, they said I filled the form out wrong and gave me the text that I had entered on the form. If I had filled the form out wrong, why didn't they respond right away. More useless emails back and forth.

I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company. The money was sucked out of their account right back onto my credit card. No questions asked.

It's tempting to use their service when you are having computer problems but they are just preying on your weakness.

DO NOT USE DriverAgent.com

Jo

More DriverAgent.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Dr
      21st of May, 2009

Mr. Richardson contacted Driver Agent claiming that he downloaded a driver...installed it, and it still showed up as bad on our driver scan. We explained to him that the reason that iwas not showing as good was because the driver did not install. We gave him step by step installation instructions via email. He refused to follow the instructions, claiming that the problem was NOT the instructions. He said that the problem was the recommended driver was incorrect. We checked into this and found it to be the correct driver. We told Mr. Richardson that he could call and have one of our technicians walk him through the procedure, he again refused.

We determined that the problem was not with our service and we made every attempt to rectify the situation, but Mr. Richardson refused to follow our instructions. He gave us no choice but to deny the refund. As of today, 5/21, Mr. Richardson's claims of a chargeback are false. No chargeback has been filed on his account.

24th of May, 2009

There are so many driver update programs out there. Most of them are like Driver Agent -- they offer a free scan and then ask you to pay to download the files. You don't know what you're really getting before you buy the product. Of the dozens you see advertised, there are only two that are actually free to download the updates: drivermax and radarsync. Of these, drivermax is better for backup, radarsync is more solid for update (updates apps too). Stick with the free products and don't waste your money next time.

• Mr
      24th of Jul, 2009

I have been with DriverAgent for several years now. Today my service was cut off and I was given the following explanation why!!! Very simple! They never ever had a contract that offered unlimited downloads. They have only ever offered UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS FOR ONLY 10 (TEN) COMPUTERS over and over. It is that they just now started enforcing their policy. I have gotten away with stealing for the past several years! (You now buy a two year contract of UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS...BUT ONLY FOR 10 COMPUTERS FOR THE TWO YEARS!!)
    Without saying they are lieing to me now, then they lied to me when they first sold me the services. I am confused as to which lie from DriverAgent is the real lie and which lie is the false lie.
    When I asked to review my original contract with them. They were very courteous. They were happy to review my agreement as soon as I sent them my copy!

Summary...Good company at first and now just another Internet rip off. The other comment is right about the driver matches...They are worth nothing anymore AND EVEN WORSE... IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET THE VISTA DRIVERS OUT OF MY XP INSTALLATIONS. Their scan cannot tell the difference and you have the problems.

David Coe

12th of Apr, 2016

Yea, Driver Agent is a scam, downloaded and installed it{free} it said that I needed 26driver updates, but after payiny for Driver agent
    it said that I only needed 1 driver update
    sent email to driver support all they did was j**k me around, withy al kind of bull ### answers
    told them I wanted a refund got a email from them to day said"NO REFUND"
    what a ### deal the Driver Agent is NEVER BUY DRIVER AGENT