Drive Financial / harrassment

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My loan was originally with another rip off company: Triad Financial. They sold it, one year before it was to be paid off, to their cohorts, Drive Financial. I have been having the payments taken directly from my checking account for the duration of the loan with no issues. About a week after making my last payment I began receiving the phone calls. I assumed they wanted information about where to send the title(?). When I tried to return the calls, I was placed on hold in complete silence, so I gave up on that. (I will not use up minutes on hold!)
Finally they called when I could speak with them. (This is after leaving recorded messages for me to call two to three times a day, 3 days a week, for two weeks. When I spoke with the first representative, she informed me that my final payment was $130.00. I didn't have my paperwork handy but informed her that was incorrect, that the loan was supposed to be paid off on the 24 April and I had not received any other bill. I was also curious as to why they company felt it necessary to call enddlessly and hound me like I was a bad credit risk. After doing some checking she said she would send the paper work to her supervisor for approval and I should be "all set."
Three days later the phone calls began again. This time I had the information. I still owed 109.00 to pay off the loan. The man on the phone however, wanted me to pay 121.00, Upon inquiry I was informed that interest had accrued and 121.00 was the pay off amount now. I related to him the quote from the last call I had received just a week before, and again questioned the amount and the harrassment. He tried to tell me I had late payments...(not true) then asked how I was going to pay the amount. I asked why it couldn't be taken from my checking account like the rest. He told me this amount had to be paid by money gram or cashiers check. I finally arranged to pay by credit card but when the final amount was disclosed: 132.00, the extra amount was a "transaction fee" I lost my patience and told him " This is
bulls--t and how would he deal with companies ripping him off like this." After a dep sigh he said, "I just accept it and pay the amount." Exactly why companies can get away with it!!
Bottom line I want to see this company and others like it go out of business and I know it won't happen unless people stand up and say NO MORE...
They had no right to harrass me for the final payment and could have avoided the whole thing if they had just sent an accurate bill with the correct amount on it ithe first time!
I am composing complaint to the Attorney General (Texas) and the better business bureau...and suggest you all do the same. DO IT NOW WHILE YOU ARE STILL MAD OR THEY WILL KEEP RIPPING US OFF!!

Comments

• Te
      29th of Jun, 2009

Drive Financial is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I would advice anyone if they can by chance find any other finance company do business with, please do! The stress and headaches from this company is not worth the time of day. Good credit or bad credit, do not deal with DRIVE FINANCIAL!!!