Dri*ca.com / Unauthorized charges!

MN, United States Review updated:
4.85
Phone: 877-694-8509

I recently received my credit card statement and a charge for 49.99 showed up on 1 March 2008 for Dri*ca.com [protected] Mn. I do not ever recall making any such purchase and called my credit card company to report an unauthorized charge. of course it was after hours and the person answering was in India and ave me another number to call during normal business hours.

I also found out from https://www.complaintsboard.com that this is a computer associates anti virus scam occurring from using the tigerdirect.com order site and previously ordering a Laptop with Computer Associates anti virus software and an alleged rebate scam.

I am very upset that Tigerdirect.com is associated with this scam as I have been a faithful customer of theirs for years.
Va

Comments

Ni
  2nd of Apr, 2008
I got the same thing!!! I have never used tigerdirect for anything, so I don't know where my charge came from, but it says the same thing!!!

I will be calling my bank tomorrow and I will find out what company this is that charged me and I will take action. I don't like when people mess with my money!!!

I hope you take action too. People like this should pay for their uselessness, and wasting my time dealing with them.
El
  19th of Apr, 2008
I too got two $49.99 charges on Master Card Feb. statement. I didn't associate DRI*ca.com with ca Security. I notified my credit company that I didn't know anything about these two charges. I was informed that probable a hacker had gotten into my credit card account. I'm very new into having & using a computer.I am now in my third computer class[ surfing the net].I just want to get this program out of my computer system.
Ma
  20th of Apr, 2008
The charge is an automatic renewal for anti-virus software through a company called Computer Associates, and is pretty much exclusively related to online store purchases - either directly through Computer Associates or a reseller, like Tiger Direct.

When you're signing up for their service, you're also authorizing them to charge you next year when the service runs out. It's in the "fine print, " as they say, but you can opt out of the automatic renewal online or by calling Computer Associates directly. It's a bit sneaky, but not exactly unethical since they do warn you up front.

Most of these complaints really could be avoided if people just took the time to read the fine print and scan through the license agreement before installing the software.
Pf
  8th of May, 2008
I also got charge for $ 49.99 on my credit card on March 31-2008 for unkown charge from DRI*CA.com
By calling our bank they told us to call the # on my bank statement, when I call this # they gave us 2 other #'s, 1 which was regarding rebates, secound # for Consumers support. They were not able to find any records of an account for us, even after given them our E-mail address and also the order # which was about 22 numbers long they still could not find any information. Than they wanted us to give them our credit card # which we refused to give.

If it was one of our Virus protect renewal program we would had known what the charge were for, but none was stated. Not knowing now if we were rippedoff or not we are upset!!!
Da
  10th of May, 2008
I also had a charge on my credit card from DRI*ca.com. When I searched for the telephone number that was referenced on my bill on Google I was directed to the Computer Associates website. I have used their security software for a number of years and I remembered a recent email I had received from the company about my subscription. When I checked in my email I found a message from Computer Associates that stated the following:

"Your CA Internet Security Suite 2007 Renewal subscription has been automatically renewed. The following email is a summary of your order. Look for DRI*ca.com as the merchant on your credit card statement."

If you will check your email inbox you may find that you are also being charged for subscription renewal.

DL
Ge
  16th of Jun, 2008
I found out that my experiance was on a CA Internet suit security software. Monies were refunded.
Ck
  21st of Jun, 2008
I also THOUGHT I had been scammed and called them. They willingly refunded my money, then I found out husband had ordered virus/anti spamware from them. So I had to go back in and reorder. The paperwork clearly states that the credit card will show "DRI*ca.com", and that unless you OPT OUT, it will continue to automatically renew each year using that credit card. NORTON does the exact same thing. So pretty much, we have to talk to our spouses and read our agreements!! :)
Ju
  30th of Aug, 2008

DRI*ca - double charge

Just explain to me where this charge came from and how they got my credti card number. I am unaware of any of this and never heard of the company and have a $49.99 charge as well as a $10.00 charge. I will be reporting this on Tuesday to credit card as well as the number on bill.
Ro
  19th of Sep, 2008
What is the spyware that they are talking about? It this a Norton thing or what? When you call on one has clue and and I also gave them an email address and they didn't link it to anyone. What paperwork did someone look at that shows what product this is paying for????
Ef
  17th of Oct, 2008
Fraudulent charge for software which I never asked for!!
Ma

$29.99 US DOLLAR @ 1.220073
unauthorized 36.59 canadian put on my account
Ke
  24th of Oct, 2008
I got charged 29.99 for something that I don't know what it is. This company dri*ca.com should be prosecuted for fraud.
Ge
  27th of Oct, 2008
I never heard of this company. This is some kind of SCAM
El
  28th of Oct, 2008
We received our monthly bill from MasterCard dated 11/14/08. We were charged
$29.99, reference # 5543286MJ0074FJDK DRI*CA.COM 877-694-8509 MN. We cannot identify this charge. Please cancel this entry.
Ch
  29th of Oct, 2008
I just checked my credit card bill and discovered that my situation is exactly the same as yours. A mysterious charge of $49.99 on my credit card I very rarely use. I immediately contacted my credit card company, obtained thier # and called them directly. Turns out, this unbelieveably long automated message system won't even guide you to an actual representative. Better yet, they asked me to press a # to speak with a technician for addtional charge of $19.99!! After silently staying on the phone, waiting to speak with 'anybody', the phone just hangs up with annoying continuous dial tone...Nevertheless, I called back my credit card company, explained the entire situation, and told them that there are other victims from this scam besides me. They thanked me for reporting it and agreed on disputing the entire amount that was falsely charged on my account.
Mk
  20th of Nov, 2008
Why am I being billed 2 years in a row for services that I never had? You owe me $50.20 for last year and $6l.32 this year. I sent a cancelation order last year.
An
  7th of Feb, 2009
I also have an unauthorized charge on my credit card from DRI*.com.
for $29.99. this is very unfear. We shuold sue that company. they are stolen many from people. I am really angry at them.
Ja
  22nd of Feb, 2009
I too just got this same charge, only mine was 59.99 USD. The only reason that, I knew the charge was there is that I have not used the card in over a year.
Ca
  24th of Apr, 2009
That company is CA, which used to be called Computer Automation. They are in the business of developing anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Once you buy one of their products on-line, they will renew for you each year. They send an email in advance to let you know that your credit card is going to be charged.

It is not a scam, or unauthorized. Go to their web site, or call the number on your bill, and make sure that your email address is still current.
Ja
  18th of Jun, 2009

DRI*ca - double charge
DRI*ca
Minnesota
DRI*ca.com

my credit card statement shows a double charge of $59.99.one on 01 /june and one on 02/june.only one item was ordered.
TKS.,