Dreamworks Vacation Club / 2nd addendum

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

great news!! the new jersey attorney general's office is now investigating Dreamworks Vacation Club for fraud. Because of hundreds of complaints filed with the BBB of Burlington County, my info was forwarded to the AG's office. I was interviewed by phone on Friday. The AG will be attempting to recover monies lost by others in this scam. I was fortunate that Capital One refunded my money. Dreamworks actually recharged my credit card 8 months after the initial refund and Capital One was going to investigate on their own for fraudulent use of my card. I now have a new card number...Good luck to all, Nicki

Ni

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Hi,

I am having the same problem in Morris county. I have been trying to get a hold a lady for 3 weeks and she never calls back. I am always told she is on the phone and that she will call me back. I want to get my 7500 dollars back for this scam. How do I get a hold of the BBB or the AG?

• Ke
      26th of Feb, 2009

I just got back form their (Five Points Travel) sales session in Parsippany, NJ. I bought nothing, but I was hoping the promise of free airline tix and the hotel stay was real. After reading the comments posted, I'll not bother with any of the application process. Certainly, they can'yt have my "refundable" deposits.Like my father often told me, "There's nothing for nothing." Apparently, this is a serious scam, and they even want to make money by defrauding us of the "deposits" for the free airline tickets and the hotel.

I"m just going to toss it all in the garbage...I'm retired, so the 90 minutes was interesting, and I had the time to waste, anyway.

Ken
    2/26/09
    Fair Lawn, NJ

• La
      17th of Mar, 2009

HI Nicki,
    we fell for the scam too. I am trying to get money back. I filed complain with BBB and I sent a letter to AG. Also We sent dispute to CC company. Did you get your money back? Did anybody get money back?

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Hi Nicki - We just started our process of reporting this scam (we signed 2/3/09 in Five Point Travel's Willow Grove, PA office, the travel club is now called "Dream Vacations International"). I talked to our credit card company today & would love any insight you could offer re: how you got Capital One to refund your money. Thanks

• Nj
      11th of Jun, 2009

All this story aired tonight 6/11/09 on fox 5 news with Arnold Diaz... check it out. The attorney general also filed a complaint. Let's keep up the pressure and maybe we will get our money back..

• Co
      26th of Aug, 2009

I signed up with Dreamworks in Parsippany in July 2008. After my husband put much pressure on them (several phone calls etc) they did give use one trip to Florida in June 2009. I just called them today to find out why I did not get a response for any of the other trips they promised and I found out the number 973-998-6160 is disconected. That's when I went searching the internet and found this site. I plan on contacting the attorney generals office tomorrow! thanks for the heads up

• Dz
      4th of Sep, 2009

These people are now operating in Delaware. The letter comes from Hudson Stone whose website looks legitimate. The travel agency they're using is Serenity Travel at 875 AAA Boulevard in Newark, DE. My wife and I sat through it tonight and thank god we didn't buy anything. I won't even be sending the free airline voucher with the $100 deposit. The deal sounded really good but there were like 20 people working in a new office with impressive presentations, leather seats and high pressure sales people. Yet this is supposed to be a travel agency that doesn't even have an operating website. Actually after I checked archive.org the website has been under construction since 2007. The letter came from Hudson Stone and there was no mention of Serenity Travel or DVI until we arrived. Then it was either give them money tonight or the deal got 100% worse. Now that I think about it, you could sign up at a later time yet they gave us no contact info if we ever wanted to do this. If you're willing to take my 10K on Thursday why wouldn't you want it on Friday?

• Nj
      29th of Dec, 2009

Hello all, here are most Shame on you videos about this company