Ditech.com / Awful company

United States Review updated:
I'm going to try to be brief because I have just finished writing a long letter to them...now trying to find the names of their executives online is proving frustrating, but I'll get there.

It started with me sending a fax of my proof of insurance. Someone must have misplaced my paperwork and that's where the snowball begins. Since that day in August, I have spoken with approximately 4 people, received an e-mail reply from 1, received more letters and analyzes than I can count and they have taken money out, put it back in, sent me disbursement checks, reanalyzed my account, but it appears that no one knows what they are doing. One person tells me the problem is fixed, then I get more letters, and a call from collections, so obviously the problem is not fixed.

The point is, rather than be nice and put my account back to where it was before one of their employees misplaced my paperwork, they continue to move things around, and the end result is that even though my taxes went down my a few hundred dollars, and I was promised my payment would go down $20 a month, I now receive a letter that all those 'overage' disbursement checks they sent me have now created a 'SHORTAGE' and I now will have to make payments of $14 more than what I originally started with. I think the workers are inept and I am tired of being punished for their numerous mishandling of my account.

More Ditech.com Complaints & Reviews

N  9th of Feb, 2009 by
Yes, it looks like there may be an internal interdepartmental communication problem going on there. The people you were talking to may have been from different departments and if they are not documenting the comments properly on the computer, may not know what the other department told you. I would suggest to get a handle on the situation, request a copy of your full history statement be sent to you. A full history statement will include everything from the beginning of the loan to present. When you receive it you will have a history of all transactions on your account that has ever been made. This way you can see when the problem started. Now when you call them back, ask them to bring up the history on their computer and now you have an equal playing field to follow along as they explain the various transactions in the problem months. I know that you are frustrated, but when you call back, try to have a calm voice and be nice. Usually the first person that you get is the customer service rep. They are verbally abused all day every day and to have a kind voice may be just what they need to go out of their way to help you.

A  24th of Jan, 2010 by
Here it is nearly a year later and Ditech is no better off. I applied for a refinance over six months ago. Calls have gone unanswered yet a week ago they charged my bank account $370 for the appraisal. When I finally heard from someone I was told it was a mistake and they would take care of it. They also told me my loan was not approved and blamed it on my HOA for not sending back paperwork. My HOA claims to have never heard from them so when I asked Ditech for the FED EX tracking info I have been met with silence once again. And have the charges been reversed? No. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. They are incompetent.
A  1st of Feb, 2010 by
I agree totally, the story is too long but it is four months now into a refi, and they keep changing what they are looking for and change underwriters who say different things from title an different from loan officer. It is intolerable. If you get admin name and addresses let me know. Impossible to go up the ladder there.
N  26th of Feb, 2010 by

Ditech.com - Bait and switch tactics

Answered Ditech TV ad. Wanted consolidate our debt in a mortgage. Instead of our credit card debt in the mortgage, put it all on a Ditech MCcard. The interest rate started at 7.9%. After the first year it exploded to 35%. Add the recession and work cutback and we are losing everything. We had perfect credit scores for twenty years. That got us paying 2 points more than advertised rate and no consolidation. All credit card debt still in credit card. $8000.00 to refinance rolled in. We also have 2, yes 2 contracts. The we started with and the one we ended up in. We bit, they switched. By the time we realized how different it was, it was to late to cancel. We could not afford to refinance again. We are now losing everything. Our home of twenty years and all our eggs.